main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Roseanne-ish (The Conners)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Apr 28, 2017.

1. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I hope they write her out of the story with some fake novel like what happened at the end of the original series. It's poetic justice for creating that awful idea.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I appreciate the thread title updates, but I'm guessing it's going to be called "The Connors". Maybe change the thread title to The Connors: A Roseanne Spinoff Story. :D:p

Juliet316 and Ava G. like this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Because the cast 100% knew -- especially Sara Gilbert -- who they were getting in bed with (a previously racist, unhinged person who turned out to be a racist, unhinged person).

The crew, on the other hand, had no such luxury in most cases and in most cases are a) union and b) living job to job; especially on a network show if the union offers you that job, you take it (or you don't get offered another one, as it goes).

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Regarding the title character departing the series (for totally different reasons) and then change of the name of the show reminded me of this...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    The show will need some sort of matriarch or something. I don't know if they'll have Darlene or Becky or Jackie step up, but they're all a mess. If I had to pick one, it would be Darlene. Sure, I know the point of the show is the drama and coping with it so having someone in charge that is also a mess isn't the best idea. Although, Roseanne's character was also a mess, but it felt like the other characters went to her or Dan or both to kind of point them in the right or, at the very least, the next direction.

Maybe DJ's wife will come home from the military and they'll look to her for guidance since she has a career path and seemingly has her **** together.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    they should get the actress who took over the role of harriette winslow for the last 14 episodes of family matters

actually she was terrible

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

(PS - the show wasn't really terrible, I'm just winding you up)
    (PPS - Best Doomsday movie)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I still don’t understand why we can’t get a full-on Family Matters reboot.

BigAl6ft6, heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You just want Will and Jada to be on your TV every Friday...

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Gotta agree... Family Matters was a terrible show.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Idgi.

13. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Harpuah: You're going to argue 'Roseanne' was better? Or Full House? Or whatever other dumb non-Family Matters program has been rebooted?

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Roseanne was better. No catchphrases and no lame out-of-place sci-fi ****-- except perhaps the lotto season.

harpua and DarthTunick like this.
  15. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Steve Urkel explored important themes about family and growing up. What did Roseanne ever do?

heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    He just wants a vehicle for Will and Jada Smith to return to TV as the new Family Matters reboot, as they're now the right age...

17. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    That’s silly.

If you wanted to go that route, you’d make a series out of Concussion, with Will Smith and Gugu Mbatha-Raw balancing their professional careers while raising their erstwhile son with dyslexia, a free-spirited and revolutionary daughter, a teen Vanessa, and one younger child. All enlivened by frequent visits from their grandparents who attended HBCUs.

dp4m likes this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Anyone who cannot, or inexplicably chooses not to appreciate the artistic genius of Reginald VelJohnson, I forgive you. Because that's what Carl would want me to do.

[​IMG]

DarthTunick and Juliet316 like this.
  19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Pretty sure the child actors playing the grandchildren didn't completely know what they were getting into with Roseanne.

Also: Family Matters pwns Roseanne

heels1785 likes this.
  20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Pretty sure dp was quite clearly referring to returning cast members that have worked with Roseanne for thirty years.

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Then he should have specified that.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yeah, do hates kids and holds them to impossible standards.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Child actors are required by law to have a parent, or appointed guardian, on set I believe (SJ can amend/correct here if I'm wrong). So, no... I'm good, thanks.

Also, I do hate all kids except my nieces, nephews, and e-nieces and e-nephews.

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't have any electronic nieces or nephews, but that does sound cool.

25. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Family Matters is indeed a wonderful show... but only for a bit of its run, sadly. At least 2+ seasons of complete sci-fi/Urkel weirdness, whereas Roseanne only completely went off-the-rails in that lotto season.