1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Rostu's Renegades: Return with the Jedi

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by The Loyal Imperial, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. UnknownRogue Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Oct 17, 2008
    star 1
    IC: Bo-Yinko
    Location: Warehouse

    "Oh, yeah, sure. Nothing like being tied up for who knows how long to make one feel refreshed," Talnar said as she got to her feet, rubbing her shoulders, "You guys did remember to bring my rifle, right?"

    Yinko nodded.

    "Its strapped to the Rodians bike." Yinko replied, gesturing towards the back of the warehouse.

    Yinko unstrapped his heavy repeaters and placed one next to a crate near the door and cradle the other one as found a seat on another crate, half-obscured by a pile of foodstuffs. From his seat he had a clear view of the door or, for the moment, Corporal Talnar.

    "You seem none the worse for wear. Besides, Napp only let us mess around for a little bit when you knocked yourself out before we had to move on." Yinko said with a half grin.

    TAG: Renegades, GM
  2. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Nov 19, 2007
    star 6
    Warehousing district, Moorjay
    A pair of diminutive Gossam commandos could be seen patrolling the perimeter of the area, blaster rifles casually slung over their shoulders. Oblivious to their stealthy observer, they paused to gesture at the dark clouds on the horizon, likely speculating as to how long it would take for the storm to arrive and whether to cut their patrol short and return to take shelter at the barracks.

    TAG: Trieste
  3. Trieste Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2010
    star 5
    IC: Corporal Talnar

    Talnar turned her head to glare at the Codru-Jii. She was pretty sure Yinko was just joking?but only pretty sure. That Rodian better not have so much as touched her while she was out or else she?d need to take a sanisteam. A long one too.

    Looking back through the crack in the door, Talnar put up a hand to indicate to her teammates that quiet would be a good idea right now. In her concentration, she didn?t even consider if they?d be able to interpret the motion like a good soldier would be able to do. The Khil?s training just kicked in as she spotted the two Gossams. Though they weren?t that close to the rundown warehouse, there was clearly a Separatist presence in the area. No telling who else might be wandering by.

    The Gossams were short?shorter than Talnar?and much more wiry than the humanoid Khil. Their armor would never fit on her. Should have made my wish more specific, Talnar thought belatedly. As much as she was itching to take out some more Separatists, the team had resumed the covert part of the operation. The chances of attracting more attention than they could handle were way too high. Had the Gossams? armor been of use, she would have risked it with glee. But Talnar knew that you didn?t win wars by dying for your side. That was what the losers did.

    Talnar shut the warehouse door gently so as not to attract attention. ?Two Gossams on patrol. I can?t go foraging for some more inconspicuous attire or something with them out there.? She looked around the warehouse. It didn?t appear that the dump had anything of use. ?I don?t suppose one of you saw a tarp or something on your way in. A couple vibroknife slits and I could make a serape or something. Might help me blend in. Unless you guys still have that armor we took from the other mercs,? Talnar added.

    Tag: Loocem, UR
  4. Loocem Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 25, 2011
    star 1
    IC: Octro Bazak

    ?I don?t suppose one of you saw a tarp or something on your way in. A couple vibroknife slits and I could make a serape or something. Might help me blend in. Unless you guys still have that armor we took from the other mercs,? said the girl.

    Octro shuffled through his backpack, looking for something to disguise her with. "I have a few rolls of gause, we could dress you up like a mummy," the Rodian joked. He couldn't find much of anything else. "Well, we are in the warehouse district, right? There's got to be some building around here that contains clothes. The people stranded here have to dress themselves, right? I think we should go looking for anything we can use. We can split up and get more searching done, or stay together and be extra safe. Up to you two I suppose."

    TAG: Trieste, UR
  5. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    IC: Napp
    Ion Flux Cantina, Moorjay, Moorja

    It was obvious to Napp after several minutes that no one was coming to talk to him. Apparently the contact didn?t want to blow their cover, or they were being a turncoat. That would figure; these contacts were about as reliable as that Rodian Medic the Renegades had, and that was not very. The Mandalorians sitting at their table wouldn?t be it; there was no way those warriors would be fighting for the Republic. The Seppies paid better; simple as that. The Ithorian and another figure were continuing to argue, which bothered Napp a little bit. He needed to concentrate, and their loud arguing was starting to creep into his mind. But what about the other notable patron in this section of the Cantina, the drunk? He had said something about the sun . . . A Star, perhaps?

    Napp decided on a new course of action. He would buy himself a drink and try to wake the asleep drunk. He saw it this way: if the drunk was the mystery contact, no one else would be paying them any mind. Sure they would have to talk it over quietly in order to not be overheard, but it surely wouldn?t look too weird. The background argument would be suitable for cover noise while the two conversed. On the other hand, if he turned out to be an old drunk, Napp could buy him another drink; no harm in doing that at a Cantina, because they loved the business. Then he could take his drink and wait for the contact to find him somewhere else in the dingy bar, maybe over in a different corner.

    Napp stood up and walked over the bar counter. He tried to grab the attention of the bartender, and when she came over, he ordered his drink. ?I?ll have an Ale,? he said. He didn?t intend to drink all of it, because he could not afford to get too sloshed here on such a time-sensitive mission. Of course, if he could get the contact to talk slow, he might be able to blend in with his surroundings, because no one cared if he chugged the beverage or merely sipped it over some conversation.

    After receiving his drink, he casually walked over to the drunk man, sat down in a nearby chair, and prodded him slightly with the glass. Dumb old drunk he thought.

    TAG: GM
  6. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Nov 19, 2007
    star 6
    IC: Drunken Yarkora
    Ion Flux cantina, Moorjay
    Snort. Sniffle. Wheeze. One of the Yarkora's eyes half-opened as he was prodded to a headache-plagued near-relative of wakefulness, and he saw three hulking aliens seated next to him. The eye closed. Did he know any hulking aliens? He didn't think so. He opened the eye again. They were still there. The eye closed. Not a dream. Hallucination? Possibly. Maybe even real. They'd looked identical. Triplets? Hulking alien mercenary triplets? Debt collectors? "What...what d'you want wif Bosht?" he slurred, alarmed at the thought.

    TAG: JEDIGUNSHIP
  7. Trieste Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2010
    star 5
    IC: Corporal Talnar

    The Khil listened to Bazak's suggestion that they search out some clothing in other warehouses. She shook her head in reply. "That could take too long. We might have to move out any second once Napp finds our contact," Talnar said, "Besides, I have a feeling these Separatists aren't just going to give up the Jedi if we ask politely. I'd like to have some protection when the blaster bolts start flying. Or slugs." That reminded her...

    Talnar went to Bazak's bike and picked up her slugthrower. She inspected it to make sure that it was undamaged, which it appeared to be. She checked the clip and found the partially emptied one from the firefight on the fields. Just because you never knew what was on the horizon, Talnar replaced it with a fresh one from her bandolier and put the partially used one on the bandolier. Every slug could count later on.

    "Splitting up is dangerous," Talnar continued, referncing Bazak's last question, "but you two would be able to cover more ground. I'm stuck in here until I've got some better camoflauge." Though maybe those Gossam had moved on. She opened the warehouse door just a bit once more to survey the area, see if the coast was clear and whether there was anything that might help her predicament.

    Tag: Loocem, TLI/BobaMatt
  8. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Nov 19, 2007
    star 6
    IC: Tarpaulin
    Warehousing district, Moorjay
    Buffeted by the wind, a stray tarpaulin drifted by. An impressive specimen of its kind, the gray sheet was large enough to easily cover a hovercar or several speeder bikes. Perhaps it belonged to a local, who had hoped it would shield their produce-bearing wagon from the rain but had improperly secured it, or maybe it had formerly played the part of a tent for offworld mercenaries in the Separatists' employ. Whatever the nature of its origin, it now found itself wandering down an abandoned street in the warehousing district, its fate and destination left up to the whims of Moorja's notoriously unpredictable weather patterns.

    TAG: Trieste
  9. UnknownRogue Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Oct 17, 2008
    star 1
    IC: Bo-Yinko
    Location: Moorjay Warehouse District

    Yinko had moved to a grimy window, watching the two beings patrol the street. Talnar was right, she would need a disguise if they were going to move freely around the city. In hind sight it was rather silly to wear Republic-issued armor on a mission like this.

    Yinko shook his head as soon as the Rodian finished speaking.

    "We are not splitting up any more. Its too dangerous and we are already too spread out." Yinko said firmly.

    A movement caught his eye. A tarp, caught by the wind, was dancing its way down the street. It would work perfectly.

    Bo moved from the window and slipped past Corporal Talnar, sliding the door open slowly. He stepped into the street, intercepting the tarp. He quickly wrestled it back into the warehouse and presented it to Corporal Talnar.

    "Is this what you had in mind?" Yinko asked.

    TAG: Renegades, GM
  10. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    IC: Napp
    Ion Flux Cantina, Moorjay, Moorja

    The drunk man?s eyes opened slightly, and then abruptly closed. Seconds later, this cycle occurred again, and then a third time. He finally said something, obviously drunk. "What...what d'you want wif Bosht?" Hm, certainly didn?t sound like a contact. However, it would probably be advantageous to get him to speak; if this was some sort of cover, then it would be smart of Napp to inquire further without going as far as asking the man if he had seen a Republic spy running around the city. That would certainly cause a stir. And, if he was just a drunk, no harm in talking to him, eh?

    ?Nice day out there, friend,? Napp said quietly. He had tried to be charming when he said this; then again, he quickly realized that he had as much charm as a durasteel plate. Wit had never been part of his repertoire. Thus, he would have to try a different tactic. ?I wish the sun would come out a bit more these days, but guess I can?t be too picky. But, they are nice to have once in a while . . . to lighten the mood a little.? Theoretically, if Napp?s guess was correct, this ?Bosht? fellow would understand the veiled reference in that sentence. After all, it had been his drunken comment that had drawn the Feeorin over in the first place, so it wouldn?t be too difficult to try and pry something out of him. Now it was to wait for a response; hopefully this man was the contact. If not, well, Napp would have to find him after buying this guy a drink to make up for bothering him.

    TAG: GM
  11. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Nov 19, 2007
    star 6
    IC: "Bosht"
    Ion Flux cantina, Moorjay
    Not a debt collector? In the Yarkora's experience, debt collectors rarely opened conversation with the weather. Especially on Moorja. Maybe the aliens were drunk, too? Something about what they said, though...the sun. Something he should remember, but his memory was still foggy. Something important that he'd been told, before he came to this kriffing ion-plagued rock. Something about the sun? Or was it daylight? Sunrise. Sunset. Morning. Evening. Dawn. Dusk. Night. Night? Sunlight at night? Moon? "Shtarsh!" he blurted out loudly, pleased at the recollection.

    TAG: JEDIGUNSHIP
  12. Trieste Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2010
    star 5
    IC: Corporal Talnar

    This was almost exactly what Talnar had in mind. "Thank the Force," Talnar said with genuine gratitude, taking the tarp. It really was amazing how things had gone right on this mission. Sure, they'd been surprised by the mercs in the field, but they'd killed them. Sure, she'd crashed that repulsorcraft, but they'd gotten into the city without any hassle. Sure, she still had her Republican armor, but she had the tarp now. Maybe somebody out there, up there, down there, wherever, was looking out for them.

    Talnar took a vibroknife off her belt and began measuring out lengths. She didn't have a ruler or any sort of measuring device so she was just going to have to eyeball this the old fashioned way. Talnar decided that she wouldn't be able to cover all her armor, namely her legs. To do that would constrict her movement too much. She couldn't afford that in the heat of battle. She needed her arms free too. Though she could hide them beneath the tarp by tucking them in, someone paying close attention and looking at her from the side would still see the Republican armor on her arm. Of course, now that she thought about it, Talnar might be able to talk her way out of that...

    Eventually Talnar had fashioned a good old fashioned serape. It wasn't too pretty, but it'd do the trick walking around Moorjay.

    Talnar slung her slugthrower over her back. It wouldn't be the easiest draw in a sticky situation, but it was the best she had right now. "This is about as good as I'm going to get. I think I can talk my way out of any questions about the legs, but let's hope I don't have to. Do we wait for Napp and Hespera to contact us or do we go find them?"

    Tag: Loocem, UR
  13. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    IC: Napp
    Ion Flux Cantina, Moorjay, Moorja

    This ?Bosht? guy was obviously thinking about what Napp had said to him. Hopefully it would get him to unveil his cover disguise if he was the contact. "Shtarsh!" he blurted out loudly. Napp was afraid that someone else in the Cantina would have heard that, but he had no reason to worry quite yet. For all anyone else knew, he could be talking about the weather. It was an important subject on this planet, so he probably could pass as a disgruntled soldier thus far. Now he needed to give the code words, but how to say it? He couldn?t just say it loudly for everyone to hear. He would have to make something up, a cover up for the password. Hopefully the others in the Cantina weren?t on the lookout for a certain buzzword, because otherwise they would be on his tail, and in close quarters too. How good was the sniper that was stationed just outside, anyways?

    ?Funny you should say that, because that reminds me of something,? Napp started. He was trying to keep it low. ?I met a guy once at a bar during my travels. Can?t remember his name or much about him, but I remember that he had a saying that for some odd reason I still can recollect that you, friend, reminded me of just then. ?It was something like ?All Stars Burn as One? or something like that. Always thought he was a bit spacey, because he always had too much to drink and slurred sometimes, so hopefully I remembered it right. Man, I certainly miss him; he was a great guy, but his profession finally caught up to him. Good team player who always watched his mates? backs on missions. Oh well, that?s in the past.?

    Although if Napp had had time to think this stuff through, he probably could have spun a better tale. There certainly had not been a man such as the one he had just described, but it was a quick and hopefully more efficient way of getting the password to roll off his tongue than to just say it openly and risk detection. He still didn?t like this situation; the damn drunk seemed like he would shout out something and the whole place would come down on Napp. He reached a hand down below the table and put it into a pocket; if something occurred, he could pull out his blaster pistol and then use the table as cover for getting out of the Cantina. But, he didn?t know what the drunk would do, either, so this was just speculation.

    TAG: GM
  14. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Nov 19, 2007
    star 6
    IC: "Bosht"
    Ion Flux cantina, Moorjay
    A light flicked on inside the Yarkora's mind. That was what he was supposed to remember. The identification phrase. Republic agents in need of assistance. With the ongoing campaign reaching a critical point, he'd established himself in the cantina to keep an eye out for any likely-looking Separatist deserters, escaped prisoners, or Republic spies that happened to stumble his way, in addition to his normal information-gathering duties. He hadn't expected to actually find any, but it at least allowed him to claim the drinks as necessary expenses in his reports. The triplets were Republic agents? He didn't know how such a conspicuous group had made it this far, but he had little choice when it came to helping them, now. If Republic Intelligence found out he wasn't fulfilling his end of the bargain, the credits would dry up faster than he could say "unemployed".

    "You fellowsh hash a shafehoush? Not shafe here," he managed to slur out as he struggled to pull himself upright. His present awareness extended just far enough for him to know what kind of state he was in, and that he'd likely blurt out something inconvenient if they remained in a place as public as the cantina for too long.

    TAG: JEDIGUNSHIP
  15. UnknownRogue Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Oct 17, 2008
    star 1
    IC:Bo Yinko
    Location: Moorjay Warehouse

    Bo nodded in approval at Talnar's serape. It would its purpose well enough.

    "With all the clones floating around the galaxy no one should have a problem with a merc who decided to 'borrow' some armor." Bo replied. "And we stay put. One team is all we need running around out there. If they need help Napp or Lika will let me know."

    Bo resumed his spot on a crate, cradling a heavy repeater. He had the door covered if anyone wanted to make an issue of their temporary safehouse.

    TAG: Renegades and GM
  16. Trieste Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2010
    star 5
    IC: Corporal Talnar

    "And we stay put. One team is all we need running around out there. If they need help Napp or Lika will let me know," Yinko said.

    With a sigh, Talnar leaned against a wall. Waiting. Well, she'd certainly had enough practice at that. Waiting for cargo to be loaded. Waiting for convoys to get where they were going. Waiting for cargo to get unloaded. Waiting was all she'd done in this war. Now it seemed she had to wait some more.

    "I just hope they do whatever they need to do soon," Talnar muttered.

    She wasn't sure how much longer she could wait.

    Tag: Loocem, UR
  17. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    IC: Napp
    Ion Flux Cantina, Moorjay, Moorja

    Something inside the drunk seemed to change, and he sat up in his chair slightly. Even though he was still sloshed, it seemed to Napp like he had changed slightly. Maybe this was the contact after all. "You fellowsh hash a shafehoush? Not shafe here," he said, his voice still slurred from all of the drinks he had partaken. Napp still wasn?t sure what he meant by ?fellows?, because as far as he knew he was the only one there talking to the drunk, but he did know one thing; this had to be the contact. His instincts had pointed him in the right direction, just as they should have. Step One: Find Contact: Check. Now it was on to Step 2: Get contact to safehouse in one piece.

    Napp nodded in a covert manner. He took another swig of his ale and put it down on the table. He would have offered it to the Contact, but he already looked like he had had enough drinks at this point. He could not afford for the contact to become even more inebriated and forget what he was supposed to be doing. Thus, Napp would just leave it where it sat and go outside with the drunk. Looking around at the other patrons, he tried not to make eye contact in case any of them were watching him with interest. He still didn?t trust anyone here, especially this far in Separatist territory. Hopefully the other Renegades had found a safehouse where they could take this contact and get information out of him where no enemy eyes should be present. However, in case the contact decided that helping the Republic was not his biggest priority, or had enlisted help in the form of Separatist mercenaries to follow him and any Republic agents, Napp would deal with him. Maybe give him a concussion or knock him out cold . . . yeah, that sounded like a good punishment.

    ?Follow me,? Napp said quietly to the drunk, and then stood up slowly. He then made his way out of the Cantina, making sure that no one was following him. Not that he expected anyone to; a smart mercenary wouldn?t be seen following their prey when said victim was still able to see behind them for a great distance. That?s where the sniper came into play; if someone was following them, she could hopefully pump them full of laser bolts. Napp just had to hope that she was a good shot in close quarters if push came to shove. He then pulled out his comlink and flipped it to the channel for the four-armed man?s comm. unit. All that was left was the alert the other Renegades that they were on their way, and that the contact was with them.

    TAG: GM, tjace
  18. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Nov 19, 2007
    star 6
    IC: "Bosht"
    Ion Flux cantina, Moorjay
    The Yarkora followed the three aliens obediently, made pliable by the alcohol still circulating in his body. He experienced a brief moment of confusion when two of them appeared to phase straight through the walls on either side of the door, but he soon dismissed it as a mere side effect of the hangover. Outside, the streets were clear under a heavy downpour, most right-minded sentients having already taken shelter in their homes. Thunder rumbled and wind howled, while frequent flashes of ion energy illuminated the darkened streets almost as brightly as a Coruscanti thoroughfare.

    The ion storm had arrived.

    TAG: JEDIGUNSHIP, tjace, Trieste, Loocem, UnknownRogue

    OOC: You may assume that "Bosht" is following you without protest, though in a rather wobbly fashion. Control will be resumed when you arrive, or pose a question to him.
  19. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    IC: Napp
    Moorjay,. Moorja

    Napp had left the Ion Flux with ?Bosht? in tow, although the drunk was still pretty wobbly from all of the drinks he had downed. He was thinking about turning on the comm.. and contacting the other Renegades to find out exactly where the safehouse was. This was because he and the sniper had not followed the cart; it was assumed that it was going somewhere into the warehouse district, but exactly which warehouse where the others had hunkered down was the real question. Napp?s finger was going to flip on the switch when BANG!. A bolt of lightning struck several kilometers away. Although not anywhere close, it would be enough to spook any cowardly individual. Howling winds had cropped up, and the streets were quickly deserted by any sentient life. Napp knew that this could only be one thing; an ion storm. So much for contacting the others. He would have to find the sniper and get to cover with the contact before the lightning decided to head in their direction.

    Napp found his way outside to where the sniper was sitting, probably waiting for him to arrive. ?Ion storm,? he said to her in a nonchalant way. ?We?re going to have to hunker down for a while until it passes. Oh, and the drunk behind me is a ?friend?, if I can call him that. Met him at a bar once. Never thought he?d end up on this rock, but guess I can?t be too picky these days.? He was going out of his way not to say ?Contact? or ?Republic? or ?Agent?, because even though the streets were pretty empty and the wind would probably muffle what he had said to anyone listening nearby, he still wanted to be on the safe side of things.

    TAG: tjace
  20. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

    VIP
    Member Since:
    Aug 19, 2002
    star 6
    Somewhere...

    It was odd how suddenly confining the armor felt without the helmet's usually electrical suite. It was now a bucket with a visor - it even dimmed his hearing. Still, it identified him as a Mandalorian, and it carried in its familiar design thousands of years of fear. He stared down at his prisoner, tattered and bruised behind the bars of the universal energy cage, spat blood. Behind his helmet, Bral Talvian grinned.

    "Can I tell you a secret?" he said. "I know we're not going to get anything out of you. Jedi don't break." The Cerean in the cage remained impassive. Fine. Talvian didn't care one way or the other. "Is it true that Jedi can feel each other in your Force? Can they feel your pain, now?"

    The door behind them swung open - not the familiar hiss and slide of doors elsewhere - and it took a moment for Talvian to turn around. If his helmet's suite were operational, as he was used to, he would have been able to see behind him. He turned. Sel Priest was approaching. He saluted. Talvian responded with a nod. "What's the word?"

    Sel sounded slightly out of breath. "One of the merc teams outside the city is late in reporting back. We were going to send out a squad to check on them, but there's an ion storm coming."

    Both men looked at the Cerean Jedi. The Jedi looked up and growled. Talvian nodded. Priest raised wrist and let fly with a stun dart. It embedded itself in the Jedi's chest.

    The Jedi stood and roared, charging the bars of the cage. They rattled, and he fought through the shocks that coursed along his skin. The smell of burnt flesh filled the air. And then, as he was supposed to, the Jedi slumped, unconscious. Talvian kicked him away from the bars - he couldn't be allowed to cook himself. A few moments passed. The Jedi was out cold.

    Talvian turned to his subordinate. "Deactivate the cage. We don't need it damaged. Move the Jedi to a safe room. He's unconscious, but we can't be too careful."

    TAG: All, None
  21. Loocem Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jul 25, 2011
    star 1
    IC: Octro Bazak

    The insect gunman sat facing the door, ready to blow holes in anything that walked through, deep inside Octro kind of wished Tattoo or the Sniper would walk in and he would accidentally shoot them. That would stir things up a bit. Octro was a bit of an anarchist deep inside, he enjoyed watching chaos, it just felt right. Of coure, Octro was always mindful not to get caught up in it, so he sat and played with his new sniper.

    The squid girl paced the room, obviously very anxious to see some action. She was going to be the death of them (if Octro wasn't himself). She was too eager and trigger happy. She didn't seem like a thinker, more of an instinct person. Octro had good instincts, but they were always considered before taking action; there seemed to be no considering with this girl.

    Octro's sniper went dead and thunder was booming overhead. The storm was here. Fun, fun, fun, Octro thought to himself. And he was serious, he thought it would be very interesting to see this situation.

    TAG: UR, Trieste
  22. tjace Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 11, 2008
    star 4
    IC: Jai Hespera
    Moorjay, Moorja

    Jai sat waiting outside the Ion Flux, waiting for her squadmate to find the contact. She was ready for action, but a town with this much military presence didn?t exactly invite riotous behavior. The rumble of the storm grew closer, and lightning bolts appeared on the horizon.

    The Feeorin walked out of the cantina, followed by a very drunk looking Yarkora. Well, trust Intel to send their best and brightest, right? Jai stood up and stretched her legs, which had fallen asleep. He approached her. ?Ion storm. We?re going to have to hunker down for a while until it passes. Oh, and the drunk behind me is a ?friend?, if I can call him that. Met him at a bar once. Never thought he?d end up on this rock, but guess I can?t be too picky these days.?

    A friend, huh. That confirmed her guess that the unlikely individual was in fact their contact. He looked less reliable than the Rodian. Typical spook. And now they had to find someplace to take cover. She sighed. ?Alright. I spotted some abandoned apartments down the street. Just the kind of place to match the quality of the establishment you just left.?

    TAG: JEDIGUNSHIP
  23. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    IC: Napp
    Moorjay, Moorja

    The sniper listened to what Napp had to say about the drunk Yarkora, and then spoke up after sighing. Napp didn?t blame her; it did look a bit odd to have a drunk as a Republic Agent, but he was the only contact they had on the inside of the Separatist operations. Drunk or not, he would have to give them the information, or their mission was about to get a hell of a lot harder. ?Alright. I spotted some abandoned apartments down the street. Just the kind of place to match the quality of the establishment you just left.?

    Napp groaned slightly at this. Not at the apartment bit, but at the explanation of the quality of the establishment. It just figured that Moorjay was a hell hole; seedy cantina and decrepit apartment buildings abounded here. He hadn?t exactly expected ritzy accommodations during the mission, but it felt almost unfair that they had to set up operations and have covert conversations in a warehouse and rundown apartment complex instead of a decent building that wasn?t potentially full of animal droppings or spoiled food. The Separatists certainly weren?t too kind to the native population, were they?

    ?Oh joy,? Napp commented to the sniper. ?Bet to him that?ll feel like home,? he said, hinting at the contact, who looked at them with only a little bit of interest. ?After all this is done, I?m going to go to a decent Cantina and order some decent drinks. The stuff in that place was downright foul; it probably would lay out that Rodian of ours without a second thought. Now come on; we need to wait until this storm passes and we can contact the others.? He started walking down the street towards the old apartment buildings, which as the sniper had said were in very poor shape. As long as they were empty and were structurally sound enough to hold up in this storm, Napp guessed that it would be better to hang out in there than out in the elements.

    TAG: tjace, GM
  24. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Nov 19, 2007
    star 6
    Moorjay, Moorja
    The apartments were empty and structurally sound, but had little else that could be said in their favor. "Dilapidated" would be one of the first words to come to mind, with cracked walls overgrown with native flora and more than a few broken windows exposing certain rooms to the outside elements. Careful listeners might take note of the sounds of small animals scurrying around beneath the floor, if they could be heard over the sound of the screaming wind. Whatever had caused the building's former residents to abandon it had apparently not given them time to take their furniture with them, as a considerable number of tables and chairs were still usable if one didn't mind taking the risk of ending up on the floor, given their dubious stability. A large durasteel door blocked off the basement, with no visible mechanisms for opening it. It was no fortress, but it would do.

    TAG: JEDIGUNSHIP, tjace, Trieste, Loocem, UnknownRogue

    OOC: The storm isn't going to pass, so you might want to be thinking about regrouping.
  25. Trieste Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2010
    star 5
    IC: Coproal Talnar
    Warehouse, Moorjay

    BOOM.

    It wasn?t an explosion. That might actually have helped the Renegades. No, it was thunder. Talnar hurried to a dingy window and used the edge of her serape to wipe off some of the grime just in time to catch a flash of lightning. An ion storm. She?d been waiting for this. It was why her blaster rifle was at home. It was why the good Doctor was foolish for holding onto that sniper rifle if he was going to even poke its muzzle out into the open. And it was going to make their lives so much harder.

    ?And now that comms are down, exactly what is the plan since it could be days before Napp can contact us?? Talnar asked, turning to Yinko and Bazak, ?I mean, there is a plan for what we all knew was an inevitablity, right??

    Tag: UR, Loocem
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.