main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Roswell] Betrayals (AU; All Roswell CC's) Author Note posted 8/15/13

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by JediMaster_Jen, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Betrayal

Author: JediMaster_Jen

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Roswell and no infringement is intended. Roswell belongs to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, the WB and UPN.

Pairings, Couples, Category: All CC’s; Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Alex/Isabel, Kyle/Tess; AU

Rating: PG (Adult version at FF.Net)

Summary: King Zan was betrayed by a trusted ally. He and most of the royal family and their closest advisors were murdered. But their deaths were just the beginning of the adventure.

Author(s) Notes: Below you’ll find some information on the various planets of the Whirlwind Galaxy and the political systems of each.

• *The Whirlwind Galaxy consists of five planets (Antar, Adegan, Deltan, Draya, Zaldan) grouped in a V-shape. The galaxy has one sun.

*Antar Absolute monarchy (i.e. Saudi Arabia). The line of succession is hereditary and a male-preference primogeniture (i.e. daughters can inherit, but only in default of sons). Antar has approximately 11 billion inhabitants. It also possesses two moons.

*Adegan Constitutional monarchy (i.e. United Kingdom). The line of succession is hereditary and a male-preference primogeniture. The ruling monarch is the Head of State. The Head of Government is referred to as Premier. Adegan has approximately 9 billion inhabitants. It possesses one moon.

*Deltan Absolute monarchy (i.e. Saudi Arabia). The line of succession is hereditary and an absolute cognatic primogeniture (i.e. the eldest child inherits regardless of gender). Deltan has fewer than 8 billion inhabitants. It possesses three moons.

*Draya Dictatorship (i.e. Nazi-era Germany and Cuba). Dictators from one family have ruled Draya for close to six-hundred years, with the eldest son assuming control upon the death of his father. It has close to 3 billion inhabitants and two moons.

*Zaldan Has no structured form of government. Various warlords and militia groups who impose their will on the citizens of Zaldan rule the planet (i.e. Somalia). It has 4 billion inhabitants and one moon.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great begining. :)

3. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Oh my gosh, Roswell fanfics!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

This was actually the first universe I tried writing fanfic for, and I knew when they started this board that I should dust it off and post here. Of course that was before I re read it and realised how cringe inducing I found it. [face_laugh]

I'll definitely be keeping an eager eye on this one, Jen.

4. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Chapter One

Antarian Royal Palace
    Earth Equivalent of April, 1900

Crown Prince Aeron Toralan couldn’t help fiddling with the high collar of his ceremonial robes as he stood next to his father, King Davien. Aeron despised official functions, but as he had just celebrated his twenty-first year, he was now obligated to attend official functions with his father.

“Please stand still, Aeron,” Davien instructed his eldest son. “We are entertaining guests and I do not wish for a repeat of last year.”

Aeron struggled to suppress his laughter as his mind brought to him the fiasco of the previous years’ ceremonial dinner with the Premier and King of Adegan. Aeron and two of his younger brothers had, quite unintentionally started a food fight with the eldest son of the Premier. Needless to say, Davien had not been happy with his sons.

“We’ll behave ourselves this time, Father,” Aeron assured the older man. “Remind me, who’s coming to dinner?”

Davien sighed. “As I told you before, the newly-elected Premier Terek Verenna and his wife, Lady Yulara will be in attendance.”

Aeron smirked slightly. “Will Premier Verenna’s daughters be in attendance as well?”

Davien understood that his children sometimes chafed against their responsibilities as the heirs to the kingdom, Aeron especially. As the eldest son, Aeron was the heir apparent. He was to become king one day, and Davien had little faith in his eldest to ever be ready for the responsibility. Even the Antarian media referred to the young man as the Playboy Prince.

“What do you know of Lady Loriya and Lady Imavra?”

Aeron shrugged. “Jathan says Lady Loriya is quite…beautiful.”

“Yes, well beautiful or not, you are to stay away from her,” Davien instructed. “I will not have another fiasco involving you and a young lady, especially not the daughter of the most influential politician on Adegan.”

“Fiasco?”

Davien turned to face his son. “Surely you’re not suggesting you’ve forgotten the…relationship you had with that…that female last month.”

Aeron laughed out loud. “Relationship? Really, Father, you’re quite old-fashioned. It wasn’t a relationship, per say. All we did was have…”

Davien held up his hand. “Yes, I am aware of your…activities. That is exactly my point, Aeron. You must take more responsibility for your actions. That young woman believed she had garnered favor with this family and that she was to become the next queen of Antar.”

“I never promised her anything, Father,” Aeron argued. “Is it my fault that my companions expect more from me than I am willing to give?”

“Your companions, as well as your family and true friends expect you to behave with some decorum and respect,” Davien intoned in a serious voice. “As of late, you have shown neither. I have become increasingly concerned with your behavior towards many of your young ladies; so concerned, in fact, that your mother and I have begun discussing a Betrothal Ceremony.”

Aeron’s eyes widened in horror. “You’re going to…to…marry me off to keep me away from women?

Davien gave him a joyful smile. “We’ve been discussing it, yes. Perhaps if you were to marry, you’d be more inclined to accept certain responsibilities that come with your position as the Crown Prince.”

Aeron was in shock. But before he had a chance to respond, the hovercar carrying the visiting dignitaries arrived.

Aeron stood one step behind and to the left of his father as Premier Terek Verenna and his wife greeted the older man.

“It is wonderful to see you again, my friend,” Davien responded. “I’m sure you remember my eldest son, Aeron.”

Aeron stepped forward, both palms raised in the traditional Adeganian greeting. “It is good to see you again, Sir.”

Terek rested his palms against Aeron’s for the required three seconds before removing them and turning sideways a bit. He gestured a beautiful young woman forward.

“This is my youngest daughter, Lady Loriya,” Terek presented. “Loriya, King Davien and Crown Prince Aeron Toralan.”

Loriya, a somewhat short young lady with icy blue eyes and curly blonde hair stepped forward, palms raised in greeting.

Davien greeted her followed by Aeron. “It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lady Loriya. I look forward to showing you around during your stay here on Antar.”

Loriya smiled at Aeron and the young man was smitten.

Later that evening, Aeron was fussing over his military dress uniform.

“What are you doing, brother mine?”

Aeron turned around and glared at his younger brother, nineteen-year old Prince Jarred.

“I’m dressing,” Aeron snapped. “Problem with that?”

Jarred laughed heartily. “You’re not dressing, you’re primping. Might I ask why?”

Aeron sighed deeply. “Have you seen the Premier’s daughter yet?”

Jarred shook his head. “No, she and her mother had retired to their rooms when Father brought me in to meet the Premier. Why? Is she ugly?”

Aeron couldn’t stop the dreamy look from crossing his handsome face. “No, she’s…I suppose the best way to describe her is to call her a goddess. She’s beautiful and…”

“And?”

“I have to have her,” Aeron stated unequivocally. “Father said he and Mother have been discussing a Betrothal Ceremony for me. If I don’t do something quickly, I’ll be stuck with…the gods only know who I’ll get stuck with as a wife.”

Sometimes Jarred felt sorry for his brother. As the heir apparent, there were a lot of expectations placed upon Aeron’s shoulders. Jarred himself was only the first of what the media called the Spare Heirs. He certainly wasn’t under the same pressure as Aeron. There was only a minute possibility that he would ever have to assume the throne so the ability to live a bit freer life was available.

However, Jarred understood responsibility much better than Aeron, and certainly practiced it much better as well.

“Perhaps Father is…right,” he said haltingly.

Aeron’s blue eyes blazed. “What do you mean he may be right?”

Jarred walked over and sat down on the bed. “I know you feel…trapped by who you are. I know Father pushes you harder than the rest of us and I know how stifled it makes you feel. But maybe…maybe if you let him do this, you’ll be…free. When it’s done he’ll back off and you’ll be free.”

Aeron tossed his uniform jacket off and sat down next to his brother. “When did you get so smart?”

Jarred chuckled. “I just want you to be happy, Aeron.”

“You think letting Father arrange a marriage for me will make me happy?”

“I don’t know what will make you happy,” Jarred told him. “Only you can decide that. But, I will tell you that I think casual sex with virtual strangers isn’t what is going to make you happy, not in the long term. What relationship do you have with any of those women you’ve bedded?”

Aeron knew the answer. “None. Absolutely none.”

Jarred rested his hand on Aeron’s shoulder. “Maybe you should think about that.”

“Yeah.”

Jarred stood. “Anyway, the reason I came up was to tell you that Mother says to hurry up. Dinner begins in less than half an hour.”

Aeron quickly stood and finished dressing as Jarred left his room.

Two Months Later

The dinner the first night had gone well, and surprisingly Aeron had found that he did actually like Loriya and the more he got to know her, the less he thought about bedding her simply for fun. They spent many days together swimming in the private pools and walking through the gardens on the palace grounds. They had private dinners together and took many trips around the ancient Antarian cities, seeing the beautiful sights.

Aeron’s mother, Queen Shiala knew her son was falling in love for the first time in his young life. Her heart broke for him because she knew nothing could come of their romance. She and Davien had spoken many times with King Ghon and Queen Luha of the neighboring planet Deltan regarding their daughter, Dashara. After numerous negotiations, it had been agreed that Dashara would be given in marriage to Aeron when she came of age in less than one year.

“Are we doing the right thing, Davien?”

Davien knew his wife had mixed feelings over the arranged marriage for their eldest son. Even he had to admit that as he watched his son tenderly brush a lock of Loriya’s blonde hair behind her ear and lean down to kiss her sweetly, he wondered himself if taking the choice from Aeron was the best thing to do. Despite his misgivings and against his father’s express orders to the contrary, Aeron had indeed pursued a relationship with Lady Loriya. Davien was troubled by the fact that for the first time, Aeron actually seemed to care for the woman he was involved with.

“I will admit I did not expect him to…love her,” he said softly. “I can see in his eyes when he looks upon her that it is love.”

Shiala wrapped her arm around Davien’s waist. “Are we right to take this from him, my love? We may do more damage than good.”

Davien held his wife close. “Terek and I have had many discussions regarding our children over the past two months while they have been here. In passing he mentioned to me a young man with whom Loriya was mildly involved with on Adegan before they traveled here. Terek thinks he’s merely trying to court Loriya for professional purposes, but his wife is quite enamored of the young man and wants Loriya to marry him when they return home.”

“So, Aeron will be losing her anyway.”

Davien nodded. “Yes. Loriya will return to Adegan with her family and our son will be looking towards his own marriage with Princess Dashara. While I…regret the heartbreak he will face, I have every confidence Aeron will adjust and come to love his wife as you and I came to love one another.”

“I certainly hope so,” Shiala whispered.

5. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Author Note

Story has been discontinued.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.