main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rotating a .swf file?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by fireresq7, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Hello everyone! Even though I am not new to the boards, this is my first time posting in the fan-site forum!

My name is Rory Cejas and I currently have a StarWars website up located here
    I am currently changing the look of the webpage and I was thinking about having 2 .swf music files playing at random when you come and visit the main page. I have no clue what the script would be to make them rotate.Does anyone know how it is done?

I know when you want to add just one you type:(for example)
    <embed src="music/themusicfile.swf" autostart="true" width="2" height="0">

But how is it done when you want two(meaning it rotates every time you refresh the page to the other song)

Thanks
    ~Rory

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'd take a look at some of the programs out there that rotate images (ad banner rotators, for example). You probably could get one of those to work with minor modifications. There probably are JavaScript, PHP and CGI scripts that will work, so it all depends on your background, and what you're comfortable and familiar working with.

Edit:
    Forgot to mention one thing:
    Audio on websites tends to annoy me. When I'm online, I often am listening to music or watching TV on my computer. I hate when websites have audio that interrupts whatever it is that I am listening to. If I wanted to listen to a SW soundtrack, I'd put one in my CD player. At the very least, there should be a "no audio" or "mute" option.

3. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Your site looks great, your movie looks awesome, and your bandwidth is excellent (I downloaded a trailer at over 500k per second). Don't spoil it by adding music.

4. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    thanks yeah I went ahead and took off the music on the other pages...but I never exceed my bandwith ever! I have 50gigs of transfer adn 1500mb of storage space with midphase.com!

They're awesome!

~Rory

5. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I meant that your hosts bandwidth is fast, not large ;)

6. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    I know! I was just adding to that!

~Rory

7. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    mmmmmmmmmmm'ok

Still though - really excellent site and movie production :)

8. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Thanks Malkie!! You know there was only a total of 2 people on set at a time!Sometimes (rarely) 3 and a total of 4 people that took part in the whole porduction!! I'm working on fixing the site up a little and adding some other goodies so for the sequel...as soon as my bro(webmaster) gets off his butt....it'll be up!LOL

~Rory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.