main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH rotflmao

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Z28Jerry, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z28Jerry

Z28Jerry Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004

Tell me no one here is this nutty.......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=416761&in_page_id=1770

2. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
  3. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    [attaching a very large neon-lit bullseye on my forehead]

(please mind the spelling & grammar)

Go ahead and laugh your butt off if you must, but I knew someone else who laughed his butt off and underestimated the power of the Force. It blew up in his face along with his Sailbarge.

Why is that petition nutty? actually I think it's really awesome that the moral lessons taught by the Saga are being attempted to be put into a recognized practice. Its about being a Jedi in spirit, not in actuality. I would've been a very different and not for the better person if the wisdom of Yoda's Teachings weren't so close to my heart. Call me weird if you must, but what difference does it make WHERE you get a positive message as long as you take that message to heart. At least WE know it's a story. We don't have to speculate and/or fight over the original source or it's message, we know exactly what it is & where it came from. and whose to say the big GL wasn't divinely inspired?

As far as I am aware, he felt he needed to tell a positive modern fable in a world full of synicism & turmoil. He was fully expecting ANH to be a bomb at the box office. but people saw something special in the story and became inspired by it. Truth be told; I would've never have met all of you wonderful people, I wouldn't have the depth of knowledge I posess, I wouldn't have discovered my aptitude for art, and I probably wouldn't be here breathing today if it wasn't for the philosophies behind the Star Wars Saga.

I hate how I sound while typing this. I don't like being preachy. It makes me feel like Luke After his fight with Vader on Cloud City; exposed & out on a limb. but simply put, my philosophy on this is; to paraphrase a very wise princess, "People have to follow their own paths in life, no one else can choose it for them." And if that path leads them to pick up an overgrown lightstick and a bathrobe to feel like a complete & decent person and to be recognized as such, then so be it...

... Just as long as they don't turn to the Dark side.

If I had the funds, I'd be right there alongside those fans in England petitioning with them.

That's my point of view.

4. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    I see where you are coming from. Hard to argue your point.

5. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    There is one thing about all this that bothers me. How many of the fans that are claiming Jedi as a religion going to try to move things with their minds instead of getting up and doing the work themselves?

6. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    That's where if you truly understand the Will of the Force, You understand that challenges in life are there for you meet them with your spirit, not your mind. Putting your whole self into balance and without fear is the only true way to overcome the trials in your life...

...Of course as anyone knows me, I'm still working on that with little advancement.

I could barely call myself a Padawan Learner... I live with too much fear of myself.

7. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    One thing I will hold very seriously what Yoda said and I still to this day work on "Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose" it worked for me when my dad passed away. I was the only one who didn't greave, a day dont go by I dont think about him. My belief with that is the more you train yourself to let go its sofens the blow, but look at it like this were all going were everyone else goes when the die period!

8. Z28Jerry

Z28Jerry Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004
    If you train yourself to let go of everything before you loose it, then what do you care about? Heck with that, I want to enjoy everything I have while I have it, not pretend like I don't have it by taking it for granted.

And this is coming from someone that has a really good chance of not being alive in six months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.