main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho ROTJ 30th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by danbinks, May 2, 2013.

1. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    So, I was thinking of having a get together at my house in honor of Return of the Jedi"s thirtieth anniversary on May 25th.
    Maybe in the afternoon/evening, hangout, have some food and watch the movie?
    Jedi has always been my favorite movie and I want to celebrate it, even though Lucasfilm doesn't. For no reason, Celebration VI was last year, instead of this year.

What do you guys think?

I'm also working on a new ROTJ themed action figure diorama that I have been planing for a while.

2. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    That sounds like fun Dan! I'd be down except I've got a good friend getting married and I'll need that weekend free for prep.
    AS for them not having a celebration I think it probably had something to do with the buy out to Disney

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

3. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    Not enough people expressed any interest in this idea, so I have nothing planed.

Kasey, the date for Celebration VI was announced more than a year before the Disney deal announcement, which was supposedly only in the works for six months.

4. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    Well here is the Playset I am still working on;

[​IMG]

Maybe another week until it is completely done. I am going to plaster the walls for a realistic texture (and of course paint everything).

5. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Looking good Dan! As for the celebration I speculate that because Lucasfilm knew Disney might own the franchise at the time of the 30th anniversary of Jedi that they pushed it ahead a year so as to not potentially mess up the festivities.
    That may not be the case but since they now control the franchise during its 30th year it seems highly probable.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

6. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    sorry i was busy planning for a trip and with work im in ca right now hunting down george lucasbthis would have been awesome and think we need to really plan something when i get back.