main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTJ Alternate Ending-AU, obviously

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by doggans, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    OK, this was a script BloodHawk7 and I wrote a few months ago for a Fanfilms Screenplay contest. The point of the contest was to develop a plot around the overused "Lightsaber Fight in a Forest" cliche. Unfortunately, we didn't send it in in time for the deadline. I just found this again on our computer, and decided to post it here.

RETURN OF THE JEDI?ALTERNATE ENDING
    Story by David "doggans" Ganssle, Screenplay by David and Nick "BloodHawk7" Ganssle

1 EXT.-SPACE-NIGHT

A vast sea of stars serves as the backdrop for the main title, followed by a roll-up, which crawls into infinity.

AFTER C-3P0 USED HIS DIVINE INFLUENCE ON THE EWOKS, OUR HEROES WERE ACCEPTED AS PART OF THE TRIBE. HOWEVER, LUKE SKYWALKER WAS STILL DISTRESSED. THE EVIL SITH LORD, DARTH VADER, WAS HIS FATHER, AND COULD FEEL HIS PRESENCE.

PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA, REVEALED TO BE HIS SISTER, OFFERS THE ADVICE TO LUKE THAT HE SHOULD RUN AWAY. LUKE DENIES HIS SISTER?S ADVICE, KNOWING THAT HE MUST FACE VADER AND EMPEROR PALPATINE ALONE.

SUPPOSE, JUST FOR A MOMENT, THAT LUKE HAD TAKEN HIS SISTER?S ADVICE TO RUN FROM THE TWO SITH LORDS. HOW WOULD THE CONSEQUENCES BE DIFFERENT? WE TAKE YOU TO THE EWOK VILLIAGE ON THE FOREST MOON OF ENDOR, SHORTLY AFTER THE ACCEPTANCE INTO THE TRIBE...

2 EXT.-OUTSIDE EWOK HUT-NIGHT

LUKE SKYWALKER and LEIA ORGANA are continuing their conversation.

LUKE
    Then you know why I have to face him.

LEIA
    No! Luke, run away, far away. If he can feel your presence, then leave this place! I wish I could go with you.

LUKE
    You don?t mean that.

LEIA
    Yes, I do. Luke RUN! I?ll cover for you until tomorrow. Don?t you see? If you go back, Vader will kill you and then were will be? But if you run then...I?ll meet up with you as soon as possible.

LUKE
    But, but . . .

LEIA
    Just Run!

Luke looks around, hesitates, and runs. HAN SOLO enters. He sees Luke run away and walks in utterly confused.

HAN
    Wait a minute, where?d Luke go?

Leia struggles to keep her mouth shut.

LEIA
    I-I-I can?t tell you.

HAN
    What? Is it a secret? Why can?t I . . .

LEIA
    Han! Just...trust me, please.

HAN
    I don?t believe this!

Leia bursts into tears. Han turns to leave, but stops in his tracks. He walks over to Leia and comforts her.

HAN
    (hugging Leia) It?s okay, don?t worry. You?d better get some sleep, you?re exhausted.

Han kisses Leia on the forehead.

3 INT.-DEATH STAR THRONE ROOM-NIGHT

Close up of DARTH VADER?s sinister profile. Imperial March is quietly playing in the background. Vader is staring out the window of the Emperor?s throne room. EMPEROR PALPATINE is sitting in his throne.

VADER
    He isn?t coming. He is going to run. (turns to Emperor) Your prophecy was wrong.

EMPEROR
    If he won?t come to us, then we will go to him.

4 EXT.-FOREST-MORNING

Fog. Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, Han, and the EWOKS are hiding in the bushes behind the shield generator.

HAN
    Where the heck is Luke? He should be here.

LEIA
    He?he?s gone into hiding.

HAN
    What?!

LEIA
    It?s hard to explain, but?Vader is his father, and he?s trying to make him join the Empire.

HAN
    Luke?s trying to run? That kid doesn?t have a chance!

5 EXT.-FOREST-DAY

Luke is zooming through the woods on a speeder bike. Duel of the Fates plays as he puts as much mileage between himself and the Imperial bunker as possible.

6 INT.-HANGAR-DAY

Vader walks domineeringly down the corridor. He approaches two STORMTROOPERS.

VADER
    Bring me a speeder.

TROOP
    Yes, sir. (The two stormtroopers leave. As they walk, one whispers to the other.) Can you picture him on a speederbike?

TROOP #2
    I hear he used to be an OK podracer?

7 EXT.-FORREST-DAY

Vader is zooming through the trees on his speeder bike, using the force to help him find Luke.

8 EXT.-FORREST-DAY

Luke zooms through the trees. His face registers nervousness. He looks over his shoulder. Though he sees nothing, he still is worried.

LUKE
    (whispering)Vader.

Luke presses on even harder, and gets through the trees.

9 EXT.-FORREST-DAY

Vader grabs a CO

2. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Wow, that sank really fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.