main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTJ- Anakin Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (His Evil Ego)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthSithLord, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Now Anakin and Vader are the same people, but they are clashing together through out the whole film. its an "Emotional" "Mental" Battle. At what point do you think Vader was still Vader?

and at what point do you think he started having side effects from Anakin? acually clashing/fighting him?

When Vader and Anakin clash together for the last time.. Anakin obiviously wins.

Many people seem to think Vader is Vader when he is heading toward Palpatine to kill him. When the Truth is, Vader is Dead, Only Anakin could have killed Palpatine and bring balance to the force.

So why does everyone at that moment assume its Anakin/Vader, When its just Anakin?

it goes like this.
    Anakin kills Vader, Anakin kills Palaptine, Palaptine kills anakin with his lighting.

not like this.
    Vader kills Palpatine, and Palaptine kills Vader.

So basically down to the point. why does everyone look at it like this, Anakin/Vader, when its all Anakin at the end and not Vader?

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I don't know, because I always thought of Vader and Anakin as two characters.

I have one more question: When exactly does Vader die/ vanish? I suppose it's sometime while Luke gets zapped.

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I think he's starting to slip back to the lightside after Luke says "then my father is truly dead" you can just tell that vader is starting to slip.but the second he turned back to anakin compleatly is when he lifts palpatine in air. :)

4. DarthSithLord

Jul 12, 2001
    The the second Anakin comes back is when he walks toward Palaptine. Vader couldn't have killed his Master, but Anakin could have killed Palaptine and he "did."

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'll always consider Vader killing Palpatine.

I can buy the arguement that Vader died after he defeated the Emperor, but not when he saved his son. Technically, Vader saved his son by killing the Emperor, which brought about his Anakin personality, in my opinion of course.

6. DarthSithLord

Jul 12, 2001
    You have the right to ya opinion. :D ;)

7. DarthSithLord

Jul 12, 2001
    Guess no one wanted to answer my question.

8. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    sorry Darth Sith Lord, but your q is so deep, I had to meditate about it. I will answer each q in turn.

Now Anakin and Vader are the same people, but they are clashing together through out the whole film. its an "Emotional" "Mental" Battle. At what point do you think Vader was still Vader?
    As far as I am concerned, Anakin really began to come through on Endor, when Luke proclaims, "Then my father is truly dead." After Luke walks away, Darth Vader stands there for a few seconds, watching as his son walked away.

and at what point do you think he started having side effects from Anakin? acually clashing/fighting him?
    The first two questions have to be answered at the same time, so my answer stands here as well

When Vader and Anakin clash together for the last time.. Anakin obiviously wins.
    Many people seem to think Vader is Vader when he is heading toward Palpatine to kill him. When the Truth is, Vader is Dead, Only Anakin could have killed Palpatine and bring balance to the force.
    So why does everyone at that moment assume its Anakin/Vader, When its just Anakin?

A less formal answer because I will give my insight at the end, but it's all the suit, totally

it goes like this.
    Anakin kills Vader, Anakin kills Palaptine, Palaptine kills anakin with his lighting
    not like this.
    Vader kills Palpatine, and Palaptine kills Vader.

So basically down to the point. why does everyone look at it like this, Anakin/Vader, when its all Anakin at the end and not Vader?
    I believe it to be a fluctuation. We see him as a full fledged Vader. He falters ever so slightly starting noticebly at Endor, up to the final head nodding on the Death Star. As he glances back and forth between master and son, he becomes Anakin when he decides to throw the Emperor over. But in order to do this, he must release his anger, and instead of the Emperor controlling Vader, Anakin controls Vader. Through his anger, Anakin orders Vader to destroy the Emperor. only when the Emperor is disentegrated into a blast of blue lightning, is Vader equally destroyed. And to do this, Anakin knew he had to sacrifice himself. That is how I have viewed it.

9. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I agree with jedi_john_33 that Anakin starts to break through when Luke says "Then my father is truly dead." I don't think he fully awakens until he sees Luke being electrocuted.

-Jedi Master Zax Starwalker

10. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Anakin Skywalker killed Palpatine.

He turned from being Darth Vader the moment he realised his Master was going to kill his son, the child of his true love.

He was Anakin from then on, and died as Anakin Skywalker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.