main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTJ Chapter 7: The Price for Chewbacca DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Moleman1138, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Due to the success of the PT CBC discussions, I would like to discuss ROTJ chapter by chapter on the DVD. There are 47 chapters to discuss over the next eight months, excluding Chapter 1: Opening Logos, Chapter 2: Return of the Jedi and Chapter 50: End Credits.

Each discussion will last 5 days. At the end of 5 days, the following chapter will be posted.

Chapter 7: The Price for Chewbacca
    DISCUSSION: September 13, 2005 ? September 17, 2005
    DVD TIME INDEX: 14:22 ? 17:35

Synopsis:
    A blast is heard in the distance. Here comes bounty hunter Boushh, with a chained Chewbacca. Jabba is pleased to have first Han then Chewbacca. He is offering Boushh a price. Boushh does not agree and threatens him with a thermal detonator. Jabba likes Boushh?s technique and is willing to budge. Boushh agree and Chewie is taken into custody. The Max Rebo band plays and Bib settles with Boushh. Lando witnesses what has happened in a skiff costume. Chewie is taken to the dungeon. END OF CHAPTER

Opinion:
    Now we are reacquainted with more of our heroes. First we saw Artoo and Threepio, now a chained Chewie and Leia, though we don?t know it?s her. Seems like everyone is infiltrating Jabba?s lair. That reminds me of the crime system Gotham had in Batman Begins.

I like Boushh. We actually see Leia, not as a damsel in distress or an arrogant princess, but posing as a bounty hunter and really stepping up her game. At this point, we do not know it is Leia, but by the height, many can probably guess. ?Are you a little short for a bounty hunter??

Boushh?s technique?s pretty well done as well. He/she does a good job at winning the scum over with his/her scum and villainy. Even Boba Fett is impressed and could possibly have some competition if Leia was an actual bounty hunter.

The end is pretty good as well, reintroduce a spying Lando and the imprisonment of Chewie. But it?s just another roll of the ball. As more and more rebels get reintroduce it gets quite interesting. Good chapter. The next one is a good tie-up as well.

2. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I though "We are toasted" while watching this scene originally, until I saw undercover Lando...

3. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    this bounty hunter is my kind of scum...

This is a cool chapter. As a first time viewer, i bet you must be thinking, who is this with chewbacca?? how did chewie get captured.
    But then with the shot of Lando, which is one of my favorite little shots in the film, lifting his mask down..we begin to realize what is happening.

even so, IF leai as Boosh had saved han later that night, and escaped, how would they have gotten chewie out of "jail" More $$$???

I love 3PO's interpretations "hes holding a thermal detenator"... its good stuff.

I also love the music right after Jabba and Boosh settle things, the max rebo band rocks...i want to by the CD.

4. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    I think it really shows what kind of a scum Jabba is.

5. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Thank you for all your participation in CBC (Chapter by Chapter). ROTJ Chapter 8: Free From the Carbonite DISCUSSION will be made available 3:35 PM EST. Although the discussion timeframe has passed, you may still discuss this chapter at your convienience. However, we will be moving on to the next chapter.

-Moleman1138

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.