main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTJ Shooting script

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Verbatim, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verbatim

Verbatim Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2005
    Any script experts out there? I am trying to reconstruct the shooting script of ROTJ and I am afraid I can only get so far with this. I am using the data from The Making of the Return of the Jedi book by Peecher as the backbone of the project and am adding on to that. Do any of you folks know if this project has been completed by anyone else yet? About every script I have seen on the net for Jedi is a fake. Aside from the published Public draft and the revised rough draft, are there any other authentic ones out there? I could also use related storyboards with scene numbers on them as well as call sheets. I have been using the Annotated screenplays book as well as the novelization and Peecher's Making of... book. Mostly, I need someone who knows the scripts like nobody's business to double-check and verify my work. Any help you guys could lend would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. DARTHFINGERZ

DARTHFINGERZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/cut_scenes/ep6/

^^ TBones website might have a few bits that can help you. Unless you already know about it that is.

I know it mainly speaks about cut scenes which were shot (cut or not they were shot) so I'm guessing info like that may be valuable to you.

3. Verbatim

Verbatim Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2005
    T-bone's site has been rather helpful. That was back on step 4. I'm about at step 8 or so. Anyone know of any ROTJ call sheets and storyboards? The Propstore of London has a lot of good ones, for example.

4. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    sluggo give it a rest

5. Verbatim

Verbatim Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2005
    I can't!

6. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    The "Behind the Magic" CD-rom has scene by scene versions of the shootings scripts of each of the OT films.

7. Verbatim

Verbatim Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2005
    Actually, the script there is also the public version. But, the CD-ROM does have a good guide in the Tellings features of the Scene by Scene with differences in the novel and the script, so that will help detemine what was invented by James Kahn and what was originally George's. So, thanks for the tip. This will help a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.