main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTJ Stormtrooper execution??

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jorni_Kavar, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorni_Kavar

Jorni_Kavar Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2004
    This pic http://www.aloofhosting.com/cyber_tim64/images/battleendor1.JPG from ROTJ have been haunting me since the early days when all I knew about SW was some guy named Luke Skywalker, guys dressed in white plastic uniforms and a pretty girl named Leia. Yeah, yeah, I know, but come on, I was just 8 at the time ;)

Is there anyone who's got a story behind this? I checked out starwarz.com, and the deleted scenes section covers mostly everything but this piece. Looks like an execution if you ask me.

Cheers for now

2. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    link don't work

3. Jorni_Kavar

Oct 17, 2004
    D'oh!
    http://www.aloofhosting.com/cyber_tim64/moviestills.htm
    The pic on the right side of the ROTJ section.

Cheers!

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    What exactly does look like an execution to you?

Are there executions during a battle? I think it's just war.

5. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    When I look at the picture on the right side of the ROTJ section...

...I see a chicken walker.

I'm not being a wise-guy. What are we supposed to be seeing? :confused:

6. Rylis

Rylis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, all I saw was the AT-ST with Chewie's head popping out of the top...

7. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Look on the bottom of the picture a bit to the left of the AT-ST, While I don't remember this from the movie. I think it is possible, but I would not know why George would put something like that in there.

8. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    am I blind? Because all I see is bushes.

No execution.

9. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    This is not a execution. 2 reasons: ! Han has his gun in his hand. And 2, Look real close, The walker is shooting at Rebel troops

10. Jorni_Kavar

Oct 17, 2004
    Oops, my bad eyes to blame. I had that idea of this picture being one when the rebels had occupied a "chicken" and used it to hunt the stormies.
    I thought the actual rebels were dark clad imperials. Back in '83 I saw this pic, and it had the text saying "As in every good adventure the good guys always win at the end".

Alright, my eyes have been opened and my rather grim imagination dissatisfied ;) But I do think it looks like that stormtrooper is kinda about to hit the ground there, or have a big ray making him glow for a second or two.

Cheers!

The Swedish are coming! The Swedish are coming! They got lingonberries!!"

11. JesterHead1651

JesterHead1651 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    wait what are we looking at?!?!?!?!?!?

12. Jorni_Kavar

Oct 17, 2004
    The picture from RotJ with battle in front of the bunker with a AT-ST blasting away at Rebels, http://www.aloofhosting.com/cyber_tim64/moviestills.htm that I thought was imperials...the trooper standing looks like he's about to...well...die ;P

13. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I still don't see why you would have thought that was an "execution"...?

14. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    It could be possible this is a still from unused movie footage, doctored up a bit as a publicity still...hence, with added blaster bolts coming from the AT-ST?

The movie shows one AT-ST walking on the perimeter while the rebels are captured and herded out, and another walker is stationary and overlooking the scene. I believe the latter walker's driver was the one shot by Leia as the Ewoks attack.

Now, this begs the question of what happened to that walker. Did the second driver (there are 2 in each walker, as later evidence shows us) walk off after the Ewoks, like all the other walkers did?

Or did he, as this photo suggests, take some shots at the rebels? Because if this last possibility is true, it begs the question of how Han, Leia, and the commandos made it out of the clearing and into the bunker. That walker should have blown them away before they even got near the bunker.

Any thoughts?

15. Jorni_Kavar

Oct 17, 2004
    *lol* Well, that was kind of just an idea I had, I noticed the trooper lying next to the standing one, and like I said, the first impression was that this was a scene where the rebels were on the winning side.
    Bad use of word maybe, but...well, nevermind that now ;)

It's difficult to say when this is supposed to take place *looking at the pic again*
    This has to be flipped, otherwise I wouldnt make any sense.
    The stationary walker must be the one on the picture, the reason I think the picture is flipped, since the stationary walker was standing on the right side of the bunker entrance.
    But did Han and Leia get to the bunker before it started to walk to the forest? Leia shoot the pilot, then it began walking to the forest chasing down rebels and ewoks...
    Then they get to the bunker and yells for R2.

D'oh! I'm too tired to think of this *lol* I have to check the movie out and get back to ya ASAP

Good night everybody!

16. Jorni_Kavar

Oct 17, 2004
    In my frustration I ran into this picture. Maybe it'll clear things up?
    http://www.kreysler.com/projects/jedi/jedi40.jpg

17. Rylis

Rylis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    That first image had to be doctored up from somewhere. The blaster bolts in the movie didn't look that detailed, so they were probably just meshed in with it. I mean, if you step back and look at it, the blaster bolts look very fake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.