main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTK: Charge of the Rohirrim?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Black-Tiger, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    I'm thinking yet again about getting the beautiful music heard in the charge of the Rohirrim in ROTK. Thing is, after the movie came out I seem to remember looking for said music on the official CD but couldn't find it anywhere on the disk! I tried again on the SE CD but I couldn't find it there either! :eek: :( Can anyone tell me if it is on any of the ROTK soundtrack disks? Did I just miss it or did they leave it off all the CDs for some crazy reason? [face_shame_on_you] Don't get me wrong, all the soundtrack is great, but this is the make or break track!

2. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    It's "The Battle of the Pelennor Fields" on the Complete Recordings.

3. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah, I know that. I only named the thread after the part I wanted. In our local dealer they give you the ability to check out the disks before purchase, but on listening to the part in question I just couldn't hear the music from the charge itself, which is really strange.:confused:

4. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Are you confusing the original soundtrack album ("The Fields of Pelennor") with the Complete Recordings? It's on the latter.

5. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    I know I listened to the one with the movie poster on the front and couldn't seem to hear it on there. However, I think I listened to the SE two disk edition but I don't think I heard it on there either, but I can't be sure. Could you show me the cover of the one you say has it on? Is it the SE two disk one?

6. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    No. I think that "SE" set is the same as the one-disc original soundtrack album but with some extra screen savers or something. I'm talking about the four-disc Complete Recordings:

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Return-Complete-Recordings/dp/B000V6BE6M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1241399422&sr=1-2

This is a mammoth set with the complete soundtrack on four CDs as well as a surround sound version on DVD. It's got everything except for alternate and unused music.

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes, Cerrabore is right.

8. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    Blinkin' 'eck, for that price it should tuck me up at night and make me breakfast in the morning! :eek: Well, at least they allow you to buy separate MP3 files for individual tracks. Thanks for the help! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.