ROTK Reviews (Spoilers Ahead)

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by IMAXPoe, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Just thought I owuld go ahead and start this topic before most of you wake up after seeing the midnight.

Personally I loved it.

Gollum was outstanding and the battle at Minas Tirith was the coolest battle I have ever seen. How cool are Oliphants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Reminded me a little of the battle of Hoth, except with a few more Orcs.
  3. IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Exactly what I was thinking except you have this awesome citadel (Minas Tirith) that they are trying to storm.

What a great show!
  4. GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I can't say that I thought of Hoth, or anything Star Wars, except maybe the thought of "Why couldn't Star Wars have been this cool"? LotR has truly seated itself as the Star Wars of this generation. It will be remembered and revered for decades to come, I think.

It was spectacular and sometimes overwhelming, though in a very positive sense. We laughed; we cheered; and a few of us even wept. What a wonderful finish to a truly delightful tale. Peter Jackson, I am in your debt.

I want to see it again...now.

Oh, and was it just me, or was anyone else waiting for the White King's Orc General to shout "Heeeeeeyyyyyy yyyyyooooooouuuuuu guuuuyyyyyyyysssssssssssssss!" 8-} Surely someone will get what I mean.
  5. IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling

star 2
    When I first saw him I actually yelled that out. The two projectionists watching with me didn't get it at first but when I told them later they thought it was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sam has always been my favorite character since I read the books. It was great to see him more than just comic relief.
  7. RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I couldn't help but become a little nostalgic towards the end. It seems just like yesterday that the FOTR came out. Jackson really has his work cut out for him now. After these 3 films, how can he do anything that doesn't pale in comparision. I think that it is warrented to recognize these works that Toliken did. As a StarWars fan, I am aware that there were many works that imspired GL. IMHO, the works of Tolkien has had a great deal of inspiration to the themes of SW.
  8. Maumi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Jake, Mike and I thought the same thing about that orc!!! All I have to say is WOW!!! That movie kicked some major butt!!! I hated that blond woman in the second one, because she goes for my girls man! But man she rocks!!! I truely have to say they were all very incredible in this movie! Loved it!!! This one is definly my favor one! I wanted to jump out of my seat and yell some bad things at Sam or Fido when Golem got the ring! Then when my elf girl came at the end and the king guy saw her and kissed her, I wanted to jump up and down for joy!!! I was so happy!!! She didn't die and they were together!!! And Sam got his girl in the end! And that blonde girl got her a man too, and it wasn't my elf girls guy! So I am very happy!
  9. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I enjoyed it a great deal. It's a shame the new SW movies can't be this epic.

Oh yea, and Jackson's next movie is King Kong, which he will be writing and he said he wants to make it even greater than LOTR.... i hope he isn't turning into Lucas and losing his damn mind.
  10. Kara_Jade_2002 Jedi Youngling

Well, Joe and I saw this movie on our anniversary and the only thing I can say is... WANNA SEE IT AGAIN!!!!!! The movie rocked and the only thing that I have against it is that it was the last one:( Weird or not I was sad that it was the last one even though I was happy with the way it ended. Don't know if that last sentence made sense to anyone else but basically just wanted to say that it was a awesome movie and I WANNA SEE IT AGAIN!!!!:0)
    Oh yeah, and I thought the same thing about that orc...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.