RotK Tickets

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by pinata242, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    The time for this dicussion is drawing nigh. I think it would be prudent for us to decide how we want to ensure we all get tickets for the same showing for those of us going to the midnight screenings. I'm sure we all agree that we're going to Tulsa's only true theater experience at Cinemark, right Heath? We need someone on the inside who knows when the tickets will go on sale and maybe can reserve them for us and make sure we get the best theater in the house (IMAX excluded).

Easiest thing would be a mass purchase, I would think. Like I know I need 4 tickets and would be more than happy to either give the money to someone who would buy for the group or would offer to buy the tickets for all of us myself. I would need the money prior to purchase, of course.

I'm really looking forward to this night and want as many of us that want to participate to not be left out.
  2. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have a conference call today with the Vice President of Booking so I should know when tickets will go on sale. I will also know if I will have a Midnight show on the IMAX. I will keep you informed and post more later today.

Heath
  3. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    My wife could barely sit through the 2 hour Episode II in the IMAX seats, there's no way she'll sit there for 4 hours for RotK. I personally will be going for the 35mm side no matter what. I hope I won't be the only one :(
  4. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    We may not have a midnight so there may not even be a choice.

I am sorry your wife had problems when seeing Ep II. Did she have a problem with the relationship of the seats to the screen? or just the seats in general? Just curious.
  5. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think that was a combination of everything. Seats were kinda uncomfy, big screen to crane her neck at, and some nonsense about 'too loud?' She's not like me and completely numb to everything else going on when engrossed, but I have to deal with it :) Plus, she's not what one would call a "fan" of Star Wars in general.
    We may not have a midnight so there may not even be a choice?

I hope you're only referring to the IMAX screen here and not the whole theater! That would be tragic.
  6. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, just the IMAX. Sorry ....I meant not have a choice between IMAX or the regular theatre.
  7. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I already know this movie is going to be good. Cute men, action, sword fights, etc. And I'm sure most of you guys are going to be seeing it more than once. Soooo, since I have finals on the day of the release and the day after, I was wondering if all of you/some of you would like to go see it again, maybe Saturday afternoon or evening.
  8. Maumi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I would like to go Saturday, but Mike works, so it will be a Sunday for us.
  9. AladdinSane Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well! You know we're there! Once, twice, thrice ... Midnight, Noon - 35mm / IMAX - we're easy.
    Money in advance for mass purchase: Fine - I'm up for that.
    Waiters/Catering in the movie, OK (as long as your short and can read my mind for my orders)?
    Other bottles for, well - nevermind.

Can't wait - BUT, I'll bet my excitement is shadowed greatly by Amanda's -
    so if I don't seem excited it's because she has more than enough for both of us.

And what's this about too loud? Is there such a thing?
  10. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sunday would be ok for us as well. I don't have to worry about staying out too late cause I won't have school the following Monday. Billy and Kenzi came over tonight to watch the special edition of TTT and told me they would go with me already. You all discuss it and we'll see what we come up with. But I'm going to see it, with or without you guys. :)
  11. AladdinSane Jedi Knight

star 1
    Shelbi, I can not believe they won't reschedule your finals for an event as important as this.
    Did you explain the significance to them?
  12. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Any news from Corporate, Heath?
  13. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    I sent out an email Friday so when I go in at 5 PM today I should know something. I will post either way later tonight.

Heath
  14. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay here is what I know:

1. Tickets will go on sale Nov. 26th for all Cinemark theatres.
    2. The Tulsa will definately have at least 1 Midnight showing in the large house. They might possibly have another in the other large house so either one would be in our best houses.
    3. I have been approved to move my schedule around so that I could have a Midnight in the IMAX but they have not yet signed the contract on my print. So IMAX tickets may be on sale the 26th or the day after. I will edit this post when I know for sure.

This is all I know for now. If you have questions, feel free to ask and I will try to answer them or at least get the info you need.

Heath
  15. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    All right, since as of right now there is only one planned showing it may not be necessary to do the mass purchase but I'm still down for it if anyone wants to. Like I said before, I won't be attending an IMAX showing for this if it does end up playing there.

Anyone who is interested, please chime in. Thanks a lot for the info, Heath!
  16. FaceLoran Jedi Knight

star 3
    I know I am interested. Kenzi is still deciding if she wants to, as she works the next morning, but I am there.
  17. Sentinel_Vash Jedi Knight

star 2
    I count me in may have another too
  18. banditajs Jedi Knight

star 1
    Russ and I wiil be there for sure
  19. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Unless it is revealed that tickets won't go on sale tomorrow, I'm planning on going by there and pick up the 4 I need. I don't have a specific time in mind so if anyone wants to meet up or do a group purchase, I'm open for any suggestions. I'm sure I'll call the box office just to verify their availability before I drive all the way down there.
  20. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cinemark.com has them on sale now so I guess everything's all good. I'm still going down there for to have my copies in hand.
  21. GENERAL_FEL Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Cinemark.com has them on sale now so I guess everything's all good. I'm still going down there for to have my copies in hand."

When I went to the website, I got the following message:

ON-LINE ticketing is currently NOT available at this theater.
  22. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I didn't try to actually purchase, so you might be right. But I can get to the selection no problem.

I did however get my tickets. Mine are in theater 17 in case they end up having other showings. Or in case you just want to avoid me :_|
  23. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    You can get them online now. Sorry the server was down.

We are going to have a Midnight on the IMAX but tickets won't go on sale until around the 5th. The OneRing.net fan group here in Tulsa will be having a Line Party from like 8:30 PM till the show in the IMAX lobby. So feel free to come early. They will be seeing the show in the IMAX in case you wanted to watch with them.

This is all the info I have right this moment. I will post again when I get a firm date IMAX tickets will go on sale.
  24. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    So, is anyone planning on joining me on the 35mm side Tuesday night? It sure would make my line wait much less painless.
  25. FaceLoran Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was planning to, but tickets are sold out. :_|
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.