main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO rotk

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by dudeman, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    rotk comes to video on may 25!! i just found it a minute ago

2. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    yep...a late birthday present for me

3. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    the extended version doesn't come out until november though

That's when I'm buying the full set.

4. PrincessArwen

PrincessArwen Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2004
    YES!!!! EXTENDED EDITION!!!! yes precious...yessss, we wantsss it yesss, silly hobbitssesss. Ok, that was awsome! I cant wait until the extended edition comes out. That will be the best Thanksgiving present ever! lol. Hi dan!!! This is christina, just in case you're wondering *winks*

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I heard about this, now I have a dilemma. Do I wait for my birthday in September or do I get it in May? I'm really poor now, no paying job and all. Guess I could do what I usually do, get Randy to buy it and just steal it. Man, I'm just wrong.

6. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Yeah...we have an arrangement with a friend. We buy the one in May and then when the EE comes out he buys the original off of us (at a slight discount).

7. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    hey christina what's up?

8. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    first... dudeman, this is a thread about RotK... if you just want to chat with Arwen use AIM, another IM thingy, or PM her. Thanks muchlies :)

and just so y'all know.. it's called renting in May and Christmas pressie for Tabee :D

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I've been thinking about this movie lately. Can't wait until it comes out.

10. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I heard of something that will be on the extended edition as an extra. Okay...picture this: For the Berlin opening of ROTK the cast is there, except for Elijah who is in NY doing Saturday Night Live. So, they decide to do a live interview from Germany. Elijah has to get up at 4:00am in his hotel so that he can do the interview by live video. Elijah can hear the interviewers and his fellow cast but cannot see them, but they can see him since he has a camera on him. Apparently, 1/2 way through the interview Dominic and Billy (not sure who else) get the idea to play a joke on good 'ol Elijah and they begin to ask incredibly outrageous and embarrasing questions to him in their best German accents as if they were the interviewers.

Peter Jackson said it was the funniest thing he has ever seen in his life and that he intends to include it on the EE.

11. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    oh man that is going to be hysterical! i cant wait, i might actually go and get the EE this time. this would be my first one

12. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I'm pretty excited about the Extended Edition. I don't know why I always end up getting both versions, oh well. I just couldn't wait, hehheheh...man, most movies seem so mediocre compared to rotk....pwnage

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    pwnage
    Is that a typo or does it mean something? I think yodaismygod typed something like that a couple days ago. Catch me up on the lingo here.

14. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    it's a slang version of "ownage", which means you've been insulted.

15. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    cept in my case I meant rotk owns all movies

16. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    tsk, I meant to rent that the other day so my mom could see it... maybe next time

does anyone know what the little gift thingy will be with the EE? (yeah, is early to ask, but maybe someone knows something)

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I thought it was alright, though I do need to see it again. I'll buy it if only to complete my collection. Just not enough Legolas in that movie.

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, I watched ROTK, got it a week ago with the Trilogy pack. Still the best movie ever since Return of the Jedi. Not much bonus features, but the movie is all the reason to get this one.

Dajuan, Legolas isn't what the saga is about!! ;) You and my sister and mom need to have an Orlando Bloom discussion sometime. [face_laugh]

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I know that JCF, but it helps. Been a little Bloom crazy lately. I always get into the hotties this time of year. Guess I just have more time to care in the summers. Year before last it was Tobey Maguire, last year it was Ewan McGregor again (Down with Love, nice!).

20. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Yeah...I'm gonna get myself one of those t-shirts that says "Pervy elf fancier".

21. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    [face_laugh]

all guys will be happy to know that my Orli fascination is... um... whats the word.. shrinking? receding? something like that.

It's all about Dommie now ;) (he be Merry, in case y'all didn't know :p)

22. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Dom is also in that new tv show "LOST". Looks cool.

23. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    You guys always are always focusing on the "stars" of this movie. If you ask me, the guy that played Orc #7 stole the show hands down! Does he get any kudos? Absolutely not - no justice.

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Funny today Tim! I'm still laughing about your Beer Meeting post, now you go and type this. [face_laugh]

25. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    You guys always are always focusing on the "stars" of this movie. If you ask me, the guy that played Orc #7 stole the show hands down! Does he get any kudos? Absolutely not - no justice.

LOL!!! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.