main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rotoscoper needed - For choreography comp

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Casious_, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casious_

Casious_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2003
    Ello lads, we are making a 5 min movie for the comp and need someone to do the sabers for us, heres a 5 second clip to try and show us what you can do.

Cheers for help.

Clickie

2. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    I'll give it a go, but just one question. Whats that music in the background? :confused:

3. Darth_Bone

Darth_Bone Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    I tried rotoing it but at that resolution and compression it is very hard to see the blades in most frames. Maybe you can provide us a high-res and low compressed file. I´m sure you´ll get better examples.

4. Casious_

Nov 24, 2003
    The music is from my mates room, dont worry that wont be over the full film, will do a higher res one later, sorry i have to go to work now.

Aye worjing new years eve, i finish at 8 am... Still 13.50 an hour aint bad for a bar man =].

Cheers

[edit]

Managed to get it up

high res Clickie

5. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Arg I already rotoed the first saber on the smaller version!

6. Goldleader23

Goldleader23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2003
    I'd like to help out, but I have my own entry to work on.

7. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Heres my version (ziped file). After one swing something went wrong and the saber jumps off the stick, just ignore that. ;)

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Just out of interest, what's the prize for the competition, and what will you give to anyone who helps you, should you win?

It just seems to me, that if YOU'RE entering the competition, then YOU should do the rotoscoping, otherwise it defeats the purpose

9. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    It just seems to me, that if YOU'RE entering the competition, then YOU should do the rotoscoping, otherwise it defeats the purpose

Yes but the competition isnt about how good the effects are its about the choreography so if they effects are done by someone else it doesent realy matter, it just looks better than two people with sticks.

10. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    I got twenty bucks that says no one you show this to ITRW will care about the choreography. ;)

11. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Wow...it just took me 3 minutes to figure out what "ITRW" stood for...I need some sleep! 8-}

12. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Wow...it just took me 3 minutes to figure out what "ITRW" stood for

I'm still trying to work it out.

13. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    LOL :D

"In The Real World" At least I think thats it

14. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I got twenty bucks that says no one you show this to ITRW will care about the choreography

Exactly, that's my point. People will be wowing over the effects, not really paying attention to the choreography, getting you extra marks

15. Casious_

Nov 24, 2003
    Well effects for me work together with choreography, good effects are nothing without decent choreography. And good choreography looks best when all fx'ed up.

What do we win? No idea, havent looked to be honest, i thought the point was to take part and try to have fun while doing it. Whomever does our effects will naturally be fully credited, more than that i can only offer my unending thanx and if we do, do well they can say 'i worked on that'. Of course that is presuming that we do well, which im not assuming as the competition it very good from seeing bits of what is around here.

Anyway thank you very much to odj_310388, looks great. Only thing i would say is that the glows looks abit wide but i may be wrong and my friend thinks the impacts are abit to big cause the fight is alittle distance away. Bar that the roto looks very acurate appart from that one bit but you knew that =].

Anyone else wanna give it a try? We would love to have a look.

Basicly we're looking for someone to do our enterance in to the comp would you odj_310388 or anyone else be willing to sign up for that?

I know its a heavy load and alot to ask as i have no doubt you have all noticed i havent signed up for these boards long, but i have been lurking for years. (Yes lurking, why? Cause i havent felt the need to input my opinion on maters that do not concern me, a problem which seems rather too common here =]) I asure you all that i have been around here and involved in fan films for several years, our choreography is some of the best i have seen, worked on for weeks and we hope to do well in the comp.

Anyway cheers for everything and i hope someone can help us out =].

16. Casious_

Nov 24, 2003
    Bumpie

17. AWBl989

AWBl989 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    I prefer IRL over ITRW. Took me a couple seconds to find out what it was, actually.

18. Egil

Egil Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2004
    So i guess that mean in real land

19. degobah1

degobah1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    haha i hope that was a joke! it would be In Real Life, not land. haha got a good laugh from that one, like the guy on the 3SA boards who asked when episode 4 was coming out! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.