main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ROTS - A/P - Mustafar scene redux - New Post 7/1/06 - Final Chapter!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    A friend presented this challenge a while back and in the wee hours of a rainy night, this is what I came up with. This challenge, brought upon by Star_Angel and qingauk came from a discussion in the Defenders of the Love Story thread. Star_Angel has already posted her version and now I'm going to as well. :)

Here?s the gist of the challenge:

I also have to give you my opinion on the Mustafar scene, I don?t know if it has been discussed before I haven?t really had the time or the energy to read through 236 pages (I?ve read some) But when Padmé got to Mustafar and talked and showed her love for Anakin (even after she knew what she had done),you could just see that he started to calm down and almost came back, and he were so close, just a few minutes more and I have no doubt that he would have come back to his family, when Obi- Wan showed up and kicked him right back into the dark again.

I?d like to thank rhonderoo for her advice and insight on this piece. Thanks, darlin? [:D]

Mustafar

[image=http://arriss.skywalkerjourney.com/photogallery/photo26003/Mustafar.jpg]

Padmé had just landed on the fiery planet of Mustafar, her hand resting on her forehead and wondering about the turmoil surrounding her. Before she?d left Coruscant, Obi-Wan had told her how Anakin had turned to the dark side and the terrible deeds he had done as an evil incarnation of himself. Obi-Wan wouldn?t lie ? would he? No, he loves Anakin like a brother. What is the real truth? I have to know ? I have to know what has become of my husband.

Gazing out of the large viewport, she saw her husband ? and his rush to greet her. Without another thought, Padmé immediately got up from her co-pilot seat in her ship and went to meet Anakin.

?I saw your ship,? Anakin said as he embraced his wife. ?What are you doing here??

?I was so worried about you.? Padmé could barely contain her agitation as the thumping in her chest gained momentum. Her hands held onto Anakin?s upper arms, letting her know that he was real and right before her. ?Obi-Wan ? he told me terrible things.?

?What things?? Anakin asked in a strangely calm voice.

?He said you turned to the dark side.? Padmé had difficulty finding her words but she continued. ?That you?killed younglings.?

Anakin dipped his head to his chest for a moment, a pang of guilt on his face and then brought it back up. ?Obi-Wan is trying to turn you against me,? he replied in a sweet voice and a look to match.

?He cares about us,? Padmé answered.

?Us?? The ire began to rise in Anakin?s throaty response.

Padmé nodded. ?He knows.? She gently massaged his upper arms that her hands were still holding on to, not wanting to let go. ?He wants to help you.?

A smile spread across Anakin?s lips as he inclined his head and then looked back at Padmé again.

Padmé?s glassy eyes bore into her husband?s orbs. ?Anakin, all I want is your love.?

?Love won?t save you, Padmé. Only my new powers can do that.? You question all I?ve done for you, he silently thought as he looked at her irritably.

?At what cost? You?re a good person, don?t do this,? her voice softened and her eyes pleaded with him.

?I won?t lose you the way I lost my mother,? he said with determination. ?I am becoming more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of and I?m doing it for you ? to protect you.?

Padmé placed her hands on Anakin?s face. ?Come away with me,? she beseeched him, stroking his hair and face. ?Help me raise our child, leave everything else behind while we still can!?

?Don?t you see?? Anakin smiled, confident in his words. ?We don?t have to run away anymore.? There was a very slight pause and then he continued. ?I have brought peace to the Republic.? He continued in spite of the look of shock on Padmé?s face. ?I am more powerful than the Chancellor? I can overthrow him.? Padmé began to

2. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, wow. I agree - I think if Obi-Wan hadn't stepped out, perhaps Padme could have convinced Anakin to come back. Lovely viggie, and I'm especially glad that Padme didn't die and that she wasn't going to leave Anakin!

jazz

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Very nicely done. =D= =D=

I can't help but think Obi-Wan's suddn appearance fromt he ship helped fuel Anakin's anger more as well. He still has a long way to go in redemption.

4. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    This is wonderful. I like how you showed Anakin's inner struggle and then realization of everything and his return to himself. He was already in a specific state of mind by the time Padmé showed up and Obi-Wan only furthered it when he emerged from her ship. We can only imagine how different things could have turned out if Obi-Wan hadn't snuck on board. So, this is a nice "what if" scenario.

5. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    This was awesome Arriss=D= , I loved it[face_love] .

It?s great to see another one posting for the same challenge and yours is way better then mine, I?ll give you that cuz yours had the answers mine didn?t which made mine a terrible viggie, I really suck at writing one post stories, something I know that you are great at and this wasn't an exception, but I?ll survive [face_blush] :D .

Oh, and before I forget, I?m going to continue mine, just thought that you should know;) .

6. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Nice one, my friend. I remember seeing the spoilers for this scene when you posted them on our site--what was it, a year to a year and a half ago?--and thinking that Obi-Wan had to be the biggest idiot in the galaxy to stow away on Padme's ship like that. I understood why he did it, but at the same time, it was not one of his more brilliant ideas.

Great job on this. :)

[:D]

7. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    Hmmmm... Very interesting. I defanetly liked this outcome better than the movie. :)

-Commander Tharen-

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Excellent story.

I agree that given the time, Padme could have brought Anakin back from the darkside.

Wonderful response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    AH Yes my friend..nothing like a happy ending..now you need to continue their escape to Naboo with Palpatine in hot pursuit :) Perhaps once you have finished Whispers.. deal?.

10. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Jazz_Skywalker ? I think if Obi-Wan hadn't stepped out, perhaps Padme could have convinced Anakin to come back.

I believe that too. One of Obi?s definite ?bonehead? moments.

Lovely viggie, and I'm especially glad that Padme didn't die and that she wasn't going to leave Anakin!

Thank you! I tend to keep my favorite couple together. :D

Healer_Leona ? Very nicely done.

I can't help but think Obi-Wan's suddn appearance fromt he ship helped fuel Anakin's anger more as well. He still has a long way to go in redemption.

Thank you. :) Oh, yes, Anakin?s redemption will take a lot longer. He has to prove himself al over again and not just to himself, but everyone.

Daenarrah ? This is wonderful. I like how you showed Anakin's inner struggle and then realization of everything and his return to himself. He was already in a specific state of mind by the time Padmé showed up and Obi-Wan only furthered it when he emerged from her ship. TWe can only imagine how different things could have turned out if Obi-Wan hadn't snuck on borad. So, this is a nice "what if" scenario.

Thank you very much. Padmé, IMHO, is the only one who could have pulled Anakin back. Obi-Wan had a brainfart and emerged from the ship at the worst possible moment. I know he had a ?job? to do but he should have taken the time to talk to Padmé first. It?s not as if he didn?t have the time while stowed away. Men sometimes. :rolleyes:

Star_Angel ? This was awesome Arriss, I loved it.

It?s great to see another one posting for the same challenge and yours is way better then mine, I?ll give you that cuz yours had the answers mine didn?t which made mine a terrible viggie, I really suck at writing one post stories, something I know that you are great at and this wasn't an exception, but I?ll survive.

Oh, and before I forget, I?m going to continue mine, just thought that you should know.

Well, you inspired it girl!! [:D] This particular discussion has appeared in the Defender thread time and again. Thanks to you and qingauk we now have some alternate scenes to bask in. :D

Although I appreciate your praise very much, don?t sell yourself short! [face_shame_on_you] You wrote a beautiful story and I?m glad to see that you?re going to continue it!!! =D=

a_g ? Nice one, my friend. I remember seeing the spoilers for this scene when you posted them on our site--what was it, a year to a year and a half ago?--and thinking that Obi-Wan had to be the biggest idiot in the galaxy to stow away on Padme's ship like that. I understood why he did it, but at the same time, it was not one of his more brilliant ideas.

Great job on this

Hey darlin? [:D]! I remember those spoilers and all the discussions about it. How GL was supposed to have Anakin throw Padmé into a wall. :mad: I prefer another alternative instead. But we both know how Obi can be a buffoon. [face_laugh] Your Anakin Diaries attest to that. LOL.

And thank you ? I?m glad you enjoyed it. I?m also glad Sy gave you a little breather so you could read it. ;)

MoeTharen ? Hmmmm... Very interesting. I defanetly liked this outcome better than the movie.

Thank you. I?m glad you liked it. :)

KELIA ? Excellent story.

I agree that given the time, Padme could have brought Anakin back from the darkside. Wonderful response to the challenge.

Thank you very much. :D Padmé had more influence on Anakin than some give her credit for. ;) She could give him the guidance he needed that the Jedi didn?t really provide.

qingauk ? AH Yes my friend..nothing like a happy ending..now you need to continue their escape to Naboo with Palpatine in hot pursuit Perhaps once you have finished Whispers.. deal?.

Heehee, when do A/P not have a happy ending w/me? :p But then, in my current story, that may not be the case. Oops, can?t say anymore.

Continue this one, eh? I had

11. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Finally! Somebody wrote this and wrote it splendidly. what other outcome could therepossibly be? =D=

12. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Thank you very much, Leia. [face_blush] If only things could have turned out differently.

13. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Sigh, if only :(.

--MissPadme

14. sithhappens6

sithhappens6 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2006
    AHHHH!!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE CONTINUED!!! That would have been so awsome! I wish we could have seen what would have happened next!.....(sighs) It was still very good though.

:)

15. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    That was so great! I love the way you changed things around. :D
    Seriously, continue!!!!! [face_praying]

C @};- S

16. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    =D= Very very very good, Arriss... please continue this... this has to be a completed fic.[face_praying] I also agree that if Obi-wan hadn't shown, that Padme could've helped Anakin realize that what he did was wrong, but that he could come back to the light. I also liked, very much, the inner conflict between Vadar and Anakin inside him... very much of what I thought was happening.

Rachel Rose@};-

17. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    I had such a hard time trying to access the boards this last weekend. I finally gave up since everything timed out on me anyway. :(

ITA, MissPadme. :)

Thank you very much. I may continue this one - I'm not sure yet due to time constraints. I'm glad you enjoyed it though. :D

Thank you!! I have a tendancy of changing things from the PT/OT. [face_blush] As for continuing...all I can say is maybe. :)

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's nice to know I didn't botch this up. You've stated what I've thought all along. Obi-Wan made a bad choice, not to mention timing. [face_frustrated]

I have re-written the OT already if anyone's interested. There's a link in my bio. :)

18. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    A far better ending to that scene than the one we got from canon. I love it. :D The characterizations of A/P were flawless, but I expected no less. All in all, it's just perfect.

Well done, my friend. =D= :)

JD.

19. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    [face_blush] You flatter me, darlin'. Thank you. [:D] I hoped you would enjoy this one.

20. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Just thought I'd add an update here. :)

Originally I was going to leave this vig as is... Then my mind started swirling [face_whistling] and I finally relented so now I'll have an update, probably two. I'm still fine tuning it, but I'll post it when I finish. :)

Until then, MTFBWY. [face_peace]

21. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Sorry, but it took longer than I'd planned to get this posted. [face_blush] But there are at least 2 more chapters I'm still working on. :)

Many thanks to qingauk for betaing this for me. [:D]

As always, feedback is appreciated. :)

Part II

Meanwhile back on Coruscant

Obi-Wan stood on the empty platform and watched as Padmé?s ship disappeared among the stars. He had been too late.

?Captain Typho will know her destination,? he solemnly told himself.

It had taken some coercing, but Senator Amidala?s Head of Security ultimately relented to the Jedi Master of the Senator?s course but only once he had been convinced of the danger she had placed herself in. Obi-Wan felt just as much guilt over the betrayal of confidence as the captain had ? maybe even more so. As he sat in the cockpit of his ship, he dipped his head to his chest, pondering what he had done wrong and how Anakin could have turned into a Sith Lord. Unfortunately, he had no easy answers. Slowly, he brought his head back up only to stare at the console in his ship, the internal struggle he faced tugging even more relentlessly at him. His mind drifted to the happier times he shared with his former Padawan ? the laughter and camaraderie. In the blink of an eye, it was gone and in its wake was a very empty area in Obi-Wan?s heart. He took a deep breath?and then another. He was stalling and he knew it. Of all the Jedi, Master Yoda was the only match for a Sith Lord such as Darth Sidious. A fact Obi-Wan couldn?t deny. Even so, the thought of having to destroy Anakin, a man he considered a brother, made him recoil. He would rather face Palpatine than confront his former Padawan, but the choice was not his to make and he knew he couldn?t hesitate any longer. Anakin had to be stopped and Padmé was journeying into the heart of danger ? his choice was clear.

Reluctantly, he initiated the take-off sequence and was soon heading toward the endless sea of space.

?Mustafar,? Obi-Wan read on his display as he approached the fiery planet. Experiencing the searing heat from this world firsthand was not something he looked forward to. He only hoped he would find what he sought.

The canopy of his Jedi fighter opened and the lava filled air burst into his lungs. Obi-Wan used the Force to adjust to the sweltering air, but his throat still felt as though it were on fire. He immediately noted the absence of Padmé?s ship but couldn?t be certain if she had already been here or if he had managed to arrive before her. Stretching out his senses, the Jedi Master used the Force to search for the newest Sith.

He was surprised and curious when he came up empty.

Venturing forward, Obi-Wan soon found Anakin?s abandoned Jedi fighter. He continued on and before long discovered the lifeless Separatist leaders sprawled out on the floor. Not one was still breathing and Obi-Wan didn?t have to look very close to know their cause of death ? a lightsaber.

His shoulders sagged and he shook his head. ?Anakin,? he dismally muttered.

Mustafar ? on board Padmé?s Naboo skiff

3PO and R2 met the troubled pair just inside the hatch of Padmé?s ship. ?Set a course for Naboo,? Padmé tiredly instructed.

?You need to rest,? Anakin stated as Padmé leaned on him.

?I will, but we have to leave here first,? the Senator obstinately replied.

?3PO can take care of that. I need to get you to your quarters. No arguments,? Anakin kindly admonished her.

Padmé hadn?t realized just how drained she felt both physically and emotionally. Now that her rush of adrenaline had passed, she was on the verge of collapse. Silently, she nodded her head, giving in to her husband?s demands.

?Input those coordinates, 3PO, and get us out of here,? Anakin ordered as a chill raced up his back.

?Of course, Master Anakin.?

?And 3PO, accept no incoming transmission

22. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Just giving this a morning bump. :)

23. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Lovely, Lovely, Lovely. Add me to the pm list if you would.

24. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    :) I'll add you. Glad you enjoyed it.

25. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Hi :)

Can you PM me with updates? I like this story :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.