main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ROTS - A/P - Mustafar scene redux - New Post 7/1/06 - Final Chapter!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Here's the newest chapter. Enjoy. :)

Part V ? Lake Country Resort

Padmé couldn?t stop the images from visiting her dreams in spite of fighting against them. He?s not a Sith anymore! she pleaded in the confines of her mind. I?ve seen how he looks at our children! He would never hurt them!

But could she be sure? She never thought he would commit the atrocity at the Jedi Temple, but he had.

That was different. He was under the influence of Palpatine, she continued to argue with herself. He?s changed. The love in his eyes as he looks at Luke and Leia? A Sith could never emit such love. No, the Sith is dead.

The first few weeks following the birth of Luke and Leia were filled with laughter as well as weariness. Not to mention the numerous calls to Padmé?s mother and sister for guidance. No sooner would one babe be hungry that soon after the other chimed in with the same request. Diaper changing was no small feat either, as Anakin experienced firsthand.

They both soon realized that sleep was a gift and not to be taken for granted. Anakin tended to marvel at the amount of clothes each child would go through in a week?s time ? especially since he helped C-3PO do most of the laundry. Padmé took naps whenever she could, realizing that her Senate duties were miniscule compared to caring for infants. R2?s diligence in watching over the twins had him squealing loudly whenever one of the babies whimpered. It didn?t take long for Anakin and Padmé to make R2 realize that he didn?t need to whistle erratically at every sound.

Yes, it was a trying time in the Skywalker household as they adjusted and patience took on a completely new meaning.

However, before long, they developed a routine as the children continued to grow and thrive. Padmé and Anakin couldn?t help being the proud parents and loved their children deeply.

4 months later

?Anakin, no,? Padmé argued as she held baby Luke in her arms while his father held Leia. ?You don?t have to do this now.?

Anakin gazed lovingly at his daughter?s bright eyes before answering. Finally looking up, he replied, ?You?ve told me how Sidious is dispensing his own form of justice. Who else will stop him from this madness?? Anakin shook his head and found it ironic that he nearly followed the Dark Lord down this path. ?No, I must confront him before he becomes too powerful ? and then unstoppable. The fact that he?s still alive tells me I may be the only one left to destroy him. Besides, he?s going to find me soon enough. I?m surprised he hasn?t already.?

Padmé re-positioned Luke over her shoulder and gently patted his back. Although she didn?t want to admit it, she knew her husband was right. ?When?? The trepidation in her voice was obvious.

Anakin paused for a moment. ?As soon as Master Jinn grants me permission.?

At the mention of Qui-Gon?s name, Padmé took a deep breath and looked directly into her husband?s azure eyes. ?There is still no news of Obi-Wan or Yoda? I?m sorry.?

Anakin placed his hands on his hips and breathed in deeply. ?If they live, they?re shielding themselves in the Force. I?I haven?t tried to find them.? Another deep intake of breath. ?I?m not ready to face either of them ? not yet.?

Padmé stood up and placed Luke in the nearby crib before holding her arms out to her husband for their daughter.

Still leery of feeding the twins, Anakin handed over Leia to her mother. Changing diapers was one thing, but holding them was daunting enough, let alone trying to feed them. If they coughed from getting too much out of their bottle, Anakin tended to panic. Padmé found herself repeatedly amused by her husband?s actions. The warrior Jedi had faced insurmountable odds in battle and triumphed but he still had a tendency to be a wreck around his own children.

The twins had been born almost five months before and in that time; Anakin had done even more soul searchi

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Wonderful update Arriss=D= and thanx for the pm[:D].

If they coughed from getting too much out of their bottle, Anakin tended to panic. Padmé found herself repeatedly amused by her husband?s actions.

[face_laugh] LOL! Well, I think that I would be just as amused.

Oh, I hope that Anakin will be alright and that he kicks some Sith behinds[face_devil] ;).

3. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    The Jedi have to evolve in their ways. If not, then yes, they are doomed to extinction.

4. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    I loved Artoo's over-protectiveness with the twins. I can see him being like that. Both him and Anakin being like that.

And now Anakin is ready to face Sidious. I remember you said not to forget about Qui-Gon's words. Well now they're sticking with me and I fear a bit what's going to happen.

I liked Obi-Wan's last thought about having his brother back.
    This was a great chapter.

5. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    I have a feeling things are going to get very interesting very soon.

6. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    I just read this and caught up. Quite a interesting story line. I really like it. I love how Anakin was able to turn himself around and realize how terrible he had been. You've written it in such a way that I really feel how much that hurt him, the agony he was going through.

Now he is prepping to face Palpatine. I look forward to that. Please add me to whatever PM list you have. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Wyo

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I just loved the beginning with Anakin and Padme adjusting to parenthood.

It's so heartwarming to imagine how easily Luke and Leia can completely un-nerve The Hero With No Fear.

I'm so glad to see Qui-Gon reappear to help Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Wonderful update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    I just love how you have Anakin becoming more and more like the Jedi he was meant to be... qui-gon and soon in time, Obi-wan, will be proud of him... Padme's a regular parent... so cute... I truly hope that Anakin will fulfill his destiny... update soon!

Rachel Rose

lol... I still can't imagine Anakin with a beard... sorry![face_laugh]

9. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    wanthttp://boards.theforce.net/post.asp?brd=10476&topic=23485817

Artoo is [face_love]

?His wife succeeded where the Jedi failed. A lesson the Jedi need to learn and apply in the future if they are to evolve and prosper.?

Amen, Qui-Gon Jinn. Amen! :D

*rubs hands together in anticipation* I can't wait to see the showdown!

10. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Anakin did a pretty good job there ;). I'm glad he wasn't grossed out as most men are by these things, heh heh.

--MissPadme

11. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Star_Angel ? Wonderful update Arriss and thanx for the pm .

If they coughed from getting too much out of their bottle, Anakin tended to panic. Padmé found herself repeatedly amused by her husband?s actions.

LOL! Well, I think that I would be just as amused.

Oh, I hope that Anakin will be alright and that he kicks some Sith behinds

You?re welcome. [:D] I would be amused too. LOL!! Anakin has to do something else first before he gets to Sid. ;)

Ladynaye ? The Jedi have to evolve in their ways. If not, then yes, they are doomed to extinction.

Absolutely!!

Daenarrah ? I loved Artoo's over-protectiveness with the twins. I can see him being like that. Both him and Anakin being like that.

As close as R2 grew to Luke in the OT, not to mention Padmé in the PT, I can very well see him reacting this way.

And now Anakin is ready to face Sidious. I remember you said not ot forget about Qui-Gon's words. Well now they're sticking with me and I fear a bit what's going to happen.

I wouldn?t say you should have fear?but something is coming down ? that?s for certain. :)

I liked Obi-Wan's last thouht about having is brother back.

Thank you, dear. :) In the OT, Obi had 20 years to harbor ill feelings for Vader, however, he doesn?t have that much time to dwell so I imagined him being more?forgiving, you might say. Everyone makes mistakes ? even huge ones ? but it?s how you learn from it and redeem yourself that shows your true character. Geez, I sound like a shrink. :p

FitJedi ? I have a feeling things are going to get very interesting very soon.

Oh yes. [face_mischief]

WyoJedi ? I just read this and caught up. Quite a interesting story line. I really like it. I love how Anakin was able to turn himself around and realize how terrible he had been. You've written it in such a way that I really feel how much that hurt him, the agony he was going through.

Thank you. I?m glad you found my story. :) As I mentioned to Daenarrah it?s all in how you behave/react afterward. If Anakin hadn?t cared in the least it would?ve made him less redeemable.

Now he is prepping to face Palpatine. I look forward to that. Please add me to whatever PM list you have. Thanks.

I certainly will. :) And thank you for reading.

KELIA ? I just loved the beginning with Anakin and Padme adjusting to parenthood.

It's so heartwarming to imagine how easily Luke and Leia can completely un-nerve The Hero With No Fear.

I think the hardest job out there is being a parent. [face_tired] Even Anakin can?t be immune to its effects. ;) :D

I'm so glad to see Qui-Gon reappear to help Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Wonderful update

Qui is a very useful character and I like to rely on him in certain areas. He?s a rogue, but a knowledgeable one. If anyone can get through to Obi-Wan, it?s Qui-Gon. ;)

AnakinLuver ? I just love how you have Anakin becoming more and more like the Jedi he was meant to be... qui-gon and soon in time, Obi-wan, will be proud of him... Padme's a regular parent... so cute... I truly hope that Anakin will fulfill his destiny... update soon!

Anakin had/has so much potential. The Jedi just never tapped into the resources available to them and allowed Anakin to achieve great heights. Just because Anakin was powerful doesn?t mean he had to be feared. The Jedi neglected to turn one of their best assets into a true Jedi. :( But that?s where Qui comes in. [face_mischief]

As dedicated as Padmé is to her duties as a Senator, I couldn?t imagine her having the same (even more) passion for her own children.

Anakin?s destiny ? I hope that will be a surprise.

lol... I still can't imagine Anakin with a beard... sorry!

LMAO! It was hard for me at first too but I?ve gotten more used to it. [face_love]

12. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    This chapter brings warm feelings to my heart as a little master said one time! I feel new hope..no pun intended.. and am looking forward to Anakin destroying Palpatine.. this would be a pathway to a definitely enlightening alternative future for the whole saga. I am still confused about the Qui Gon message concerning the children and the penance. Perhaps you could IM me the explanation?

13. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Awww. [face_blush] Thank you very much. :D
    Unfortunately, I can't answer your question w/o spoiling the story. [face_worried] If you still want to know I can PM you. :)

I apologize for not getting the next post up yet. :( I've had some very pressing DRL issues and they've been taking precedence. I haven't even had a chance to write. :eek: I'm hoping to get the new post up soon. Thanks for understanding. :)

14. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Sorry this took so long to post, it?s been a very hectic week. Oh, and this isn?t the conclusion yet either. ;)

Part VI ? Departure

Palpatine?s hold on his new empire was strong, but it centered more on fear than confidence. Senators that dared to challenge him did so very carefully, yet only to relinquish their dispute in short order. Even those loyal to the new Emperor had a hidden agenda. Their goal was wealth and an abundance of it. Therefore, committing themselves to Palpatine was continually advantageous. The new breed of Senators had fully erupted ? coercion and greed encroached, leaving all else to the wayside.

Coruscant, now known as Imperial City, had become the polestar of corruption in the universe.

Padmé knew nothing of the sacrifice her husband would make once Darth Sidious was defeated. Had she known, she would have done anything to stop him from leaving. For that reason, Anakin hadn?t told her ? he couldn?t. He even considered pleading within the Force during his many meditations, but alas, he never did. He accepted what was to come and found solace in the fact that Padmé and their children would not only be free but safe.

Rays of sunlight bursting through the windows warmed the bedroom as Padmé awoke. She lazily stretched and reached over to nudge her husband only to find his side of the bed empty.

She glanced around the room and softly called out, ?Anakin??

When he didn?t answer, she directed her attention to the baby monitor on the table beside her bed and noticed it was turned off.

Throwing aside the bedcovers, she got out of bed, grabbed her robe, and put it on as she briskly walked out of the bedchamber.

Changing Leia?s diaper had been easy but Luke proved to be more difficult. He was quite the squirmier one this morning and Anakin had had to use the Force to redirect his son?s morning release or else risk being doused.

Luke giggled as Anakin quickly got the diaper on and mockingly shook his finger at the boy. ?Reserve that for Uncle Obi-Wan one day,? he playfully told Luke without realizing what he had just said.

Holding one child in each arm, Anakin carried them into the kitchen and set about making all of them breakfast.

The twins sat good-naturedly in their high chairs, giggling and making noises that made Anakin laugh quietly. He kept his eye on them while he attempted to make their meal, pacifying each with finely chopped fruit they could stuff into their mouths until he was finished.

That was his first mistake. He didn?t know who started it first but when turned around, ready to serve their food, fruit was everywhere. Some bananas pieces were stuck to Luke?s head as well as the floor and all over his chair where it mingled with apples and strawberries. Leia didn?t fare much better ? there were red stains on her face where she had smeared the strawberries, a piece of apple sat on top of her ear, and she was mashing some bananas in her hands.

Anakin just stood with his mouth hanging open for a minute, shocked by the mess. ?Uh oh,? he finally muttered. He glanced down at the eggs he had prepared and wondered if he should have just given them something simpler, like cereal. With a shrug of his shoulders, he walked toward the twins carrying the food and suddenly slipped. Using the Force, he caught himself but not before peels of laughter erupted. Looking down, he saw what had made him nearly fall ? pieces of banana. In fact, fruit littered much of the floor. ?We?re in trouble,? he playfully chided, glancing at Luke and then Leia.

While they were still eating, C-3PO had wandered into the kitchen and his sharp intake of breath was unmistakable. Luckily, they were about done and Anakin decided they should make a hasty departure. One didn?t need heightened senses in order to hear 3PO grumbling about the mess Anakin had asked him to clean up

?Looks like I still need mo

15. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    wow... just wow... this was one of the best posts yet... Anakin spending his last moments with his kids... and Padme...:_| it was pretty sad, yet happy... he was so happy... He's so determined... and when he saw Obi-wan... I was about to cry again, but restrained myself... Obi-wan must be torn apart and Anakin too... please don't kill off Anakin, Arriss... please![face_praying]

Rachel Rose@};-

I can kinda imagine Anakin with a beard now!! It's really faint, though!:D

Rachel Rose@};-

16. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    Ani must ditch the beard!! Other than that, awesome job yet again!

17. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Such sweet moments between Anakin and the kids. Cuteness all around. Interesting that Anakin would run into Obi-Wan on Tattione. I wonder what's going to transpire with that in the future posts. Can't wait for more, keep up the great work.

18. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh wow, that was an amazing update, I loved it.

Aww, I feel so sorry for Anakin, it can?t be easy to leave your family after everything that has happen.

I pray that Anakin will be okay and that he will not have to see his family from the other side but for real, Just curies but will this have an happy ending?

Anyway, thanx for the pm[:D], I?m looking forward to read more so please update soon[face_praying].

19. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Great update! I loved seeing Anakin with his kids. It reminded me so much of the fun I had with my children at that age. You really presented some wondeful and emotional images.

And the meeting between Anakin and Obi-Wan was quite interesting. If Qui-Gon is behind it then there must be more to it than meets the eye... This keeps getting more interesting. Amazing job! Can't wait for the next one!

Cheers,
    Wyo

20. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    I loved the morning scene with Anakin and his children. It was so sweet to see the three of them like that - just being the typical family going through a morning routine. Even if it becomes a messy one.

I could feel the pain when he had to leave. :(

I like the way you set up the various stops and identities for him as he makes his way back to Coruscant.

Then to run into Obi-Wan on Tatooine. That was more than just coincidence. Like was said - Gui-Gon had to have had a hand in that. It was sad they couldn't talk to each other yet but the time isn't right. There's more there than meets the eye, isn't there? We'll find out eventually?

21. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    ?It is you,? Obi-Wan said with a mixture of sadness and unease as he slid the hood from his head, his steps never faltering. ?Until I heard your voice I wouldn?t have known.?

Oh, man, I started bawling here. Great job, very lovely chapter! I really hope that Anakin doesn't die in the next one!

jazz

22. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    hello!:)

I've just found this story, and I already adore it to death! The last chapter was so sweet and sad at once - Anakin spending some time with his children, and had at last met Obi-Wan.

I don't like the prophecy about a sacrifice being made.[face_worried]

Please, tell me that Anaki will shave off his beard! Please please!:D

Could please add me to your PM list? Thanks in advance!:)

CrazyAni

23. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Save that Uncle Obi-Wan? [face_laugh]

Very poignant ending with Padmé :( .

--MissPadme

24. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww...I just loved Anakin's morning with the twins.

What a perfect way to begin his day...[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I admire his determination to do anything he has to in order to destroy Sidious, even if it means sacrificing himself - which I hope it won't! [face_praying] [face_praying]

Wonderful update

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

25. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    AnakinLuver ? wow... just wow... this was one of the best posts yet... Anakin spending his last moments with his kids... and Padme... it was pretty sad, yet happy... he was so happy... He's so determined... and when he saw Obi-wan... I was about to cry again, but restrained myself... Obi-wan must be torn apart and Anakin too... please don't kill off Anakin, Arriss... please!

Thank you! :D I?m glad it tugged on the emotions! :D

I can kinda imagine Anakin with a beard now!! It's really faint, though!

LOL!! [face_laugh]

Ladynaye ? Ani must ditch the beard!! Other than that, awesome job yet again!

LOL! [face_laugh] Thank you. I?m glad you enjoyed it. :)

FitJedi ? Such sweet moments between Anakin and the kids. Cuteness all around. Interesting that Anakin would run into Obi-Wan on Tattione. I wonder what's going to transpire with that in the future posts. Can't wait for more, keep up the great work.

I felt he needed some one-on-one times w/the twins and a chance to say goodbye.

I kept to ROTS and the OT regarding Obi-Wan where he exiled himself to the desert planet.

Thank you. :) I?m very glad you?re enjoying the story.

Star_Angel ? Oh wow, that was an amazing update, I loved it.

Aww, I feel so sorry for Anakin, it can?t be easy to leave your family after everything that has happen.

I pray that Anakin will be okay and that he will not have to see his family from the other side but for real, Just curies but will this have an happy ending?

Anyway, thanx for the pm, I?m looking forward to read more so please update soon

No, it can?t and wasn?t easy for him to leave, but he didn?t have a choice. :( A happy ending? [face_thinking] We?ll just have to see what happens once he reaches Coruscant. ;)

WyoJedi ? Great update! I loved seeing Anakin with his kids. It reminded me so much of the fun I had with my children at that age. You really presented some wondeful and emotional images.

And the meeting between Anakin and Obi-Wan was quite interesting. If Qui-Gon is behind it then there must be more to it than meets the eye... This keeps getting more interesting. Amazing job! Can't wait for the next one!

Thank you very much. :D I draw upon my own experiences w/my kids when I write and it helps immensely.

[face_thinking] One never knows w/Qui Gon.

Daenarrah ? I loved the morning scene with Anakin and his children. It was so sweet to see the three of them like that - just being the typical family going through a morning routine. Even if it becomes a messy one.

I could feel the pain when he had to leave.

That scene emerged from my kids when they were young and how messy they could get. :p But Anakin needed his time w/the twins before leaving and I couldn?t take that from him.

I like the way you set up the various stops and identities for him as he makes his way back to Coruscant.

Then to run into Obi-Wan on Tatooine. That was more than just coincidence. Like was said - Gui-Gon had to have had a hand in that. It was sad they couldn't talk to each other yet but the time isn't right. There's more there than meets the eye,isn't there? We'll find out eventually?

The last thing Anakin wants is to put Padmé and the twins in danger ? thus his incognito disguise and the circus ride to Imperial City. Their safety is paramount to him.

After all the mistrust and such, Anakin and Obi-Wan need their own healing time ? apart from one another. I wanted to portray their meeting as an uncomfortable one. But, again, who knows what?s up Qui?s sleeve. ;)

Jazz_Skywalker ? ?It is you,? Obi-Wan said with a mixture of sadness and unease as he slid the hood from his head, his steps never faltering. ?Until I heard your voice I wouldn?t have known.?

Oh, man, I started bawling here. Great job, very lovely chapter! I really hope that Anakin doesn't die in the next one!

*hands ov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.