main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga ROTS - A/P - Mustafar scene redux - New Post 7/1/06 - Final Chapter!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Oh my..I have a bad feeling about this... Anakin is not to die.. keep in mind this is a happy alternative so he must kill Palpatine with Obi's help and then return to loving the kids and Padme.. [face_praying]

2. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    I hope anakin doesn't kill himself. [face_worried] Keep me posted! [face_dancing]

3. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Your bad feeling may be warranted...you'll have to wait and see. I don't want to give anything away.

I don't think Anakin is about to commit suicide. ;) He's the last person I would draw that conclusion on. Still, his future is kind of foggy right now. ;)

I'm still writing the next part but between work and trying to sell my house I'm not afforded much writing time. :_| I'm still working on it though and I'll send out PM's when I'm ready to post. Stay tuned. :D

4. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Just a quick update...

I haven't forgotten about the story - I just have alot to juggle right now. I'm still writing so don't give up. :)

5. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    * NOTE *

[face_blush] =D= [face_blush] Ok, I've got the last chapter written - I'm just going to fine tune it and then it'll get posted. I still have the epilogue to write but hopefully that will go smoother.

Hope to see ya'll back for the final posts. :D

6. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Of course you will! (Well, me anyway!)

7. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    I was hoping you would be. :D

8. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Good news!! Just going through the final stage of betaing and the post should be up soon. =D= :D

This will be the final chapter and will contain an epilogue as well. **Warning** it's pretty long (12 pages in word) so if everyone would rather I broke it up into 2 parts, let me know. Otherwise, be prepared for a long, but thrilling, read. :D

9. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    The time has come...

My sincere thanks to leia_naberrie for acting as my beta on this final chapter. J - you're awesome!!!!!!!!!! =D= [:D]

Due to the size of these final pages (13!), I?ll break them up into 2 posts ? the chapter and the epilogue. I hope you agree that this was worth the wait.

MTFBWY
    :)

Part VII ? Luminous Beings We Are

Two more transport changes brought Anakin closer to his ultimate goal. He stayed to himself and no one seemed to care one way or the other ? their agendas were their only concern. Senator Organa had kept his promise and delivered the counterfeit identification via couriers he trusted implicitly. Obviously, Anakin had never given the Senator of Alderaan enough credit, for his connections were noteworthy. Had he remained Darth Vader, the Senator would have made an admirable adversary. However, he preferred to call him his friend.

Anakin awoke from his meditation as the announcement filtered through the ship.

?On approach to Imperial City. Prepare for docking.?

He felt neither apprehension nor self-assurance. He had just emerged from the Living Force and his mentor?s words of encouragement and confidence. Qui-Gon assured the young Jedi that the forthcoming battle would not be easy and to take nothing for granted. His instruction also included to ?feel the moment? and not let issues from the past or events of the future cloud his actions. Anakin had to accept what was and what would be.

Sequestered in the small quarters on board the transport he had managed to acquire, Anakin again closed his eyes, relaxed and put his mind at peace. He knew tranquility would be paramount to success. Darth Sidious would test all of the Jedi?s resolve to the limit, and wouldn?t hesitate to use manipulation of any form.

Within his mind, Anakin could see his wife and children. Their smiling faces embodied the love in their hearts and he could physically feel his lips curl upward. He pondered how he had let them down before, along with many others. It was time to set into motion the events that would shape the future.

Darth Vader had vanished. Anakin Skywalker had re-emerged. The Sith Lord had no apprentice.

Anakin opened his eyes and sat up on the bed, recalling Qui-Gon?s last words to him, ?No matter what the outcome of this battle is, the Force will be with you, always.?

Anakin wasn?t completely sure what the Jedi Master meant, but he didn?t want to dwell on it either. He felt the Force flow through him, his arms and legs, his torso and up his spine. He felt exhilaration without the adrenaline rush. He was?the son of the Suns.

In spite of it being early evening on Coruscant, Anakin had donned his dark glasses and mingled with the crowd as they departed the transport. He didn?t want to stand out, but rather be like anyone else visiting the planet. He followed a small gathering of humanoids as they walked away from the open docking area and soon after disappeared into the shadows. Considering the ship had docked near the Industrial Area, Anakin found it all too easy to disappear.

It didn?t take the Jedi long to remember his way through the streets and he was soon walking through the underbelly of the city. The run down buildings and brash nightclubs attracted all manner of low-life aliens and humanoids, not to mention panhandling droids and oversized rodents. The scene brought back memories of a particular chase involving the Clawdite, Zam Wessel, after her failed assassination attempt on Padmé. Before long, he strolled past the Outlander Club and a light snicker escaped his lips. Had it really been that long ago since he and Obi-Wan had chased Zam into that club? No, it hadn?t but the memories were still fresh as if it had happened yesterday.

?Obi-Wan,? he said just above a whisper as he continued walking and then added, ?You are miss

10. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Epilogue

?The prophecy has been fulfilled,? stated one authoritative voice.

?He has much to atone for,? added another.

?And that process had already begun,? came yet another voice.

?Will it continue? Does he have the fortitude to continue?? a skeptical Jedi Master asked.

A Jedi Master who had not expressed herself as of yet nodded her head, ?Yes, he has proven his remorse and learned that life is a precious gift.?

?Masters, his penance has been decided,? Qui-Gon Jinn stated. ?In time, the Force will come back to him.?

Dazed, Anakin opened his eyes and stared in wonderment at the scenery around him. ?Am I back on Naboo?? he quietly asked himself. The greenery all around, the scent in the air, and the sound of waterfalls nearby nearly convinced the Jedi that he was back home. But then he recalled Palpatine, his one time mentor and friend, and the battle they had fought. He knew the Sith Lord was dead and that his life was now no longer his own.

?Am ? I?within the Force?? he asked even though he was alone.

Suddenly a hand touched the young man?s shoulder from behind. ?Yes, Anakin, you are where you should be.?

The Jedi knew that voice and slowly turned around. ?Master Jinn,? he respectfully said and bowed.

?Greetings, my apprentice, although you have grown beyond such a position,? the Jedi Master replied.

?Indeed you have,? Master Windu added as he approached.

?The galaxy is grateful for your triumph,? the beautiful Jedi Master Adi Gallia said as she joined the group that was forming.

?But your reparation is not over,? Ki-Adi Mundi stated as he filled an open position of the circle that was taking shape around the Jedi Knight.

Kit Fisto now approached and took his place among his fellow Masters within the circle. ?The circle will soon be complete.?

Anakin slowly turned, transfixed by the Jedi Masters all around him ? each of them one with the Force.

Master Jinn spoke up. ?The future is unclear but you have taken the first steps to make amends for your transgressions. Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker it has been decided that you may return to your corporeal form but your Force powers will no longer be a part of you.?

Anakin stood stunned. He had been prepared to give his life to the Force once he defeated Darth Sidious, but this was not what he expected. ?H-how? I don?t understand. You said I had to give my life for my children.?

Master Jinn nodded and replied, ?As Master Mundi said, your reparation is not over.?

Anakin was mystified and euphoric at the same time. ?But the Force ? it?s always been a part of me. What will I do??

Master Gallia stepped forward and walked up to the confused Jedi. ?Anakin, you have done a great deed, but you now must experience a new life. You will go back to your family and teach your children about the Force, and support Padmé in the Senate. She will be a great leader.? Adi gave him a smile and then went back to her place within the circle.

?It is done,? Qui-Gon ordered. ?May the Force be with you.?

Anakin turned his head, moaning something Paddy couldn?t understand and then awoke. Dazed, he glanced around as water sprayed his face.

?Wh-where am I??

Paddy looked back over his shoulder. ?That must?ve been some dream.?

?Dream??

?Mmmhmm,? was all Paddy said before he turned back around to steer the skiff as it soared across the lake.

?Naboo!? Anakin shouted excitedly and scrambled to his feet. Shielding his eyes with his hand, he could see the Lake Country retreat coming into view. ?Home,? he jubilantly said.

Padmé stood waiting as the skiff pulled up to the dock, the excitement on her face barely contained. To see her husband coming back to her unharmed gave her an enormous amount of relief and happiness. She knew from the HoloNews that the Emperor was dead, but nothing of the final battle itself.

?Oh Anakin,? she exclaimed, rushing to embrace him just as his feet touched

11. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, yay! Palpatine's dead and Anakin's powers have returned to him! I was hoping that they would before too long... Lovely story, Arriss.

jazz

12. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    This was a gorgeous ending, and so well worth the wait. I love how Anakin was so in tune with the Force and the peace he found with it while fighting Palpatine.

I had a feeling he was going to die (which had me in tears) but the twist at the end - to return but not have the Force with him - was fantastic and a nice touch. He had done what he was meant to do. I was so happy to see him get the Force back, even after learning to live without it and do so much.

This was a lovely fic.

13. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Absolutely amazing Arriss-- perfect ending to this wonderful story.

14. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    OMG!!! What an ending to a wonderful story!!! I loved this, Arriss! Especially how Ani really became the Living Force... that was exceptional!!! and then he got his Force powers back in the end... I was crying!:_| Tears of joy!

Rachel Rose@};-

Uncle Obi!! Priceless![face_laugh]

15. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    What a wonderful ending for a beautiful story! =D=

Anakin has shown true nobility of spirit here - returning to life without the Force. The Force has always been a part of him, and it must have been difficult for him to live without it. I'm so glad that his abilities returned to him![face_dancing]

Palpie is dead!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

And now they live happily ever after. :p

Thanks for the PM!

CrazyAni

16. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    What a nice ending :).

--MissPadme

17. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Jazz_Skywalker ? Oh, yay! Palpatine's dead and Anakin's powers have returned to him! I was hoping that they would before too long... Lovely story, Arriss.

Thank you very much!! [:D] I had a feeling you?d like how this turned out. ;)

Daenarrah ? This was a gorgeous ending, and so well worth the wait. I love how Anakin was so in tune with the Force and the peace he found with it while fighting Palpatine.

I had a feeling he was going to die (which had me in tears) but the twist at the end - to return but not have the Force with him - was fantastic and a nice touch. He had done what he was meant to do. I was so happy to see him get the Force back, even after learning to live without it and do so much.

This was a lovely fic.

Thank you very much. [face_blush] It was important for me to make sure this final piece detailed everything I had planned. [face_thinking] There was a lot for Anakin to learn even before he confronted Palpy and Qui-Gon was very instrumental in that. I?ve often wondered if Qui had lived, would Anakin have turned at all?

I always knew Anakin would ?die? (which as a Defender is a total shock) but he wouldn?t be actually ?dead?. The real death I intended was of his Force powers. Although he paid the ultimate cost to fulfill the prophecy. Anakin?s most difficult road was to live w/o the Force and prove he was worthy to have it back one day.

FitJedi ? Absolutely amazing Arriss-- perfect ending to this wonderful story.

Thank you very much. :D I?m very glad you enjoyed it!

AnakinLuver ? OMG!!! What an ending to a wonderful story!!! I loved this, Arriss! Especially how Ani really became the Living Force... that was exceptional!!! and then he got his Force powers back in the end... I was crying! Tears of joy!

Thank you very much, my dear ? on all counts!! [:D] Sometimes it?s hard to put into words what I envision in my mind but I think I was able to pull it off. I?m so glad you enjoyed this fic.

Uncle Obi!! Priceless!

[face_laugh] So true!

CrazyAni ? What a wonderful ending for a beautiful story!

Thank you so much! This was a fun story to write and it kind of took on a life of its own.

Anakin has shown true nobility of spirit here - returning to life without the Force. The Force has always been a part of him, and it must have been difficult for him to live without it. I'm so glad that his abilities returned to him!

It was hard for him but he also realized that it was necessary and a just punishment. He was able to return to his family and also have Obi back in his life again. His powers are what got him into trouble in the first place. ;)

Palpie is dead!!

LOL!! [face_laugh] Yep, lizard breath bit the dust.

And now they live happily ever after.

Thanks for the PM!

LOL! Too funny! And you?re very welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read this story! :D

MissPadme ? What a nice ending.

Thank you, milady. :)

18. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    *wipes eyes*

that ending was...just amazing!!! Aww...proves that love does conquer all.

Great job Arriss!!!

[face_flag]

19. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    *hands over a kleenex* [face_devil] That was my intent - to tug on the emotions. I know, evil. ;)

Glad you enjoyed it. This was fun to write.

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Yay! I love a happy ending!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

What an amazing story from beginning to end. I really enjoyed it.

Bravo on a job well done

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Thank you so much, my dear! [face_blush] I enjoyed writing this.

See, ;) the happy ending was there the whole time. [face_whistling] From a certain point of view...

22. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    You had me there for a while but yay for Anakin, I?m so glad that he fulfilled his destiny.

Awww, what a wonderful ending for a wonderful story.

Thanks for the pm.

23. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Incredible story!

So imaginative, and original. I must confess that I expected Anakin to die, but what you did was soooo good. I am very impressed.

If you write anything else, would you be kind enough to add me to the PM list? That would be cool.

Once again, great job!

EG

24. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
  25. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    [face_devil] Sorry, that was my intent. I just had to turn it around on everyone. :) But thank you so much for taking the time to not only read this but offer the challenge w/qingauk in the first place! *bows* [:D]

Thank you very much!! :D I'm so glad you found my story. Originally it was only a one post vignette, but before long it evolved into these many pages. [face_blush]

Anakin was intended to die - from a certain point of view. [face_whistling] I just had to try and get the wording to match the images in my head. :) I'm glad I pulled it off.

And thank you very much for your interest in my fics. I do have a story currently in the Beyond the Saga forum (the link is in my signature) and my bio lists many of my stories. You can also find all of them on my personal site, which is also in my signature. :D :D

Thank you again for your wonderful comments. :D

Thank you, my dear! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.