main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[ROTS] Anakin's body parts...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by KAL-OW-SKI, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    That would explain the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    Vader: "Where are my lungs? Are they alright?"

Palps: "It seems that in your anger, you destroyed them. I had them removed."

Vader: "They were alright, I felt them. AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

3. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I was thinking more of Vader taking his first stumbling steps and thinking something doesn't feel right... then he thinks "Hang on, where's Captain Winkie?" :eek:

{||||| ?||} ---NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!---

4. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    That explains it! :p

I always knew he was trying to compensate for something...

5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    [face_laugh]

Of course, there is a darker explanation; that Sidious actually had a few bits taken out during surgery. To make him more dependent on his suit, and therefore more of a servant and less of a threat...

Seriously, I've often wondered about this myself. I read one particularly well-done fanfic in which Vader found out the sole reason he was on life support was Palpatine's medics had given him an implant to make him that way, and I think ever since then I've been enamored with the idea. It certainly would make sense. Perhaps Anakin had smoke inhalation, but we still don't see any evidence that his lungs have been permanently damaged. I had sort of hoped we'd see him break his neck or something. That would at least create a medical need for a heart-lung machine.

6. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    Assuming he had smoke inhalation damage, (which I don't think he had...he was exposed to it minimally) then his lungs would be damaged...it wouldn't matter whether or not the suit breathed for him. Its not a question of ventilation, it would be an issue of oxygen transfer. Now if he were paralyzed, then he would need to be assisted.

Maybe Lucas should go back to the OT and remove the breathing sound effect so it makes sense, because he clearly did not severe his spinal cord. Of course I'm not serious, George please don't mess with the movies any more. Other than replacing Ep. I Yoda with CG Yoda who freaking rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.