main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY ROTS at MCC

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Moleman1138, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Star Wars and Culture:
    A Roundtable Discussion on the Star Wars Trilogies

A viewing of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith will follow the discussion.

December 1st in the Forum (3-130)

Agenda:
    Roundtable
    3:30-5:00 pm
    Viewing of Episode III
    5:30-8:00pm

FREE

Presented by the Fantastic Literature and Arts Collective (FLAC) and the Science Fiction and Fantasy Club

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm not sure how many folks will be free on a Thursday afternoon...
    And, I didn't even realize MCC had a Science Fiction and Fantasy Club... o_O

~Doc_Bev

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    5:30 eh?
    I get outta work at 5:30..:cool:
    Too bad it wasnt later in the day. Recruiting Drive heh

Maybe the twins would be interested?

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah, I figured the roundtable part from 3:30pm-5pm was more important as that's where recruitment/promotion could take place. If I can get a babysitter, I might try to go.

~Doc_Bev

5. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    If folks are going to try to make this work then I can probably make it

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Let's see if we can get a couple more people on board by Sunday evening and then I'll make a call whether this'll be an "official recruitment event". ;)

~Doc_Bev

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Dont forget the brainwas---errr orientation videos.....[face_whistling]

8. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I'd attempt it, but I'd rather be at the toy show that weekend and I'll only be able to fund one trip.

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    HothGirl I don't think it would be worth it for you to make the trip up just for this.
    Plus this'll be on a Thursday afternoon. We'd much rather have you up for the Toy Show! :D

~Doc_Bev

10. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    Actually, remember that Book I was telling you about? This is part of that!

Akayeon and I already have our Offical Invites from the Professors hosting the Event, I didnt think there would be much other Interest from others, but if there is, Im more than glad to pass on the Information and act as a Point-man on this one.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think it might be a good idea for The Rebellion/Rebel Legion/501st to have some small contingent of representatives present at this "roundtable".

So, if you could let us non-MCCers know how to get to Forum 3-130 and any other pertinent info that would be cool. I still have to work out a babysitter before I know if I could attend for sure.

Oh, and I'm not sure that we'd have an "orientation" video done in time (although if I remember to get more tapes we could start filming Sundays activities), but I could at least bring our photo album and other assorted paperwork.

~Doc_Bev

12. Ayka

May 12, 2005
    Alright, I've been trading back-n-forth EMails with the Professor running the event.

This is the latest:

I was just wondering if you plan on attending the Star Wars roundtable
    as Stormtroopers. I've mentioned the possibility that you might be
    there to several people and there is a tremendous amount of enthusiasm.
    I just wanted to extend the invitation to you again and to let you know
    that you and anyone else from the 501st are encouraged to come in
    uniform. Again, the event is on December 1 (Thursday) in the MCC Forum
    room at 3:30.

I've asked him if It'd be ok we set up a Recruitment Post with our Propoganda to try to recruit, althought Im positive the answer would be yes, I'm asking just to be sure.

As for that, I'd like to see if we can get an Offical Headcount going on this. I know both Akayeon and I are Definates.

13. Ayka

May 12, 2005
    Definates:
    Akayeon - Stormtrooper
    Ayka - Stormtrooper
    Moleman138 - 4 to 8 (Costume?)
    Doc_Bev - Jedi/RFT

Tenetives:
    Knightshade
    Dar_Solo

No-shows:

14. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I'd love to, but since I have Friday, December 2nd. off, the likelihood that I can get out early on Thursday is probably slim these days. Someone in the lab has the tendency of finding a major problem (or at least telling me about one) around 4:45 p.m. or as I am going out the door so I get stuck there late the day before a day off solving it for him. :mad: (I have to stop being such an enabler I guess.)

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm coming for sure, but KnightShade will probably be home watching Connor or at work.

Make sure to let me know whether or not I'm bringing all the table paraphenalia.

I can come as Jedi (assuming I get my costume back from Marty) or Rebel Fleet Trooper.

~Doc_Bev

16. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    I'll be there. I have a lab until 4, but I am a definite from 4-8.

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm still going to need directions to the Forum room at MCC. I don't think I've ever been on the campus before...

And, I don't think Moleman1138 has a costume.

~Doc_Bev

18. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I will be working and moving that day / night.

19. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004

Actually I am bringing my lightsaber since I have to recreate Anakin vs. Obi-Wan for lab. I'll probably just have my ROTS shirt like I had up in Greece. My other ones are packed away.

As for directions. If you come from the front of the school. Take the ramp leading you to the lowest floor. Keeping going straight, you'll end up in the campus center. Go past the bookstore on your left and follow and jagged hallway till you make it past the break room. Go a few feet and it should be on your left.

If you park in the loop near the front of the school near the flagpole, you have to pay like .50 per hour. I'll keep you posted.

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Still need to know if I should be packing up and bringing table paraphernalia. After the BPO event we are now out of 501st & Rebel Legion fliers. I can try to get more printed by Dec 1st, but I can't guarantee they'll be done in time.

~Doc_Bev

21. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    I really don't know how many people to expect. It could be 20. It could be 100. I think after reading the MCC newspaper, they may have an idea about us ;) I don't talk to the Sci-Fi club there. :(

22. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    I might be able to make it, but if i did im gonna come as chewie...i dont get out of school till 2ish and that wouldnt give me enough time to do maul makeup. ill let you know by tommorow if im going for sure.

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Chewie's perfect as I think KnightShade will either be working and/or at home watching Connor.

~Doc_Bev

24. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    I always loved seeing the Chewie walk around. One of the big highlights I remember from my first time.

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Going under the assumption that we have permission for a recruitment table I will gather up our usual table paraphenalia and try to get enough 501st & RL fliers printed up tomorrow to cover this and the VGTS.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.