main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY ROTS at MCC

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Moleman1138, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    Chewie's a definate. Mark me on the list.:)

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Updated volunteer list from Ayka's 11/23 post.

Definites:
    Akayeon - Stormtrooper
    Ayka - Stormtrooper
    Moleman1138 - 4pm-8pm
    Doc_Bev - Jedi/RFT
    JediMaster1610 - Chewbacca
    TX4277 - Stealth Trooper

Tentatives:

Unable:
    KnightShade
    Dar_Solo
    SWF-JPB

I think this should be plenty of people for this event, since I don't really know what the turn-out will be. However, if there are more folks interested/able to attend - by all means - join us!

~Doc_Bev

3. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    TX plans to be there

4. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Did we/someone get directions/locations for this "forum 3-130" place? If so can you post or pm me details?

How early are folks getting there to armor/wookiee/RFT/etc up?

Mike

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm going to try to get there at 3pm at the latest, but I have an errand to run in Penfield first (hoping that won't take too long).

I'm also hoping I won't end up wasting 3pm-3:30pm trying to find where to park and where I'm supposed to be as I don't have a clear picture of where this forum room is either.

This is the closest I've gotten to directions so far:
    I found a map of the campus online, but it doesn't exactly help. My plan is to try parking in lots K, A or B then head into the Administration building and hope I can find someone to direct me to where I need to be.

I'll have my cell phone and I'll try to remember my phone list so that hopefully we can all get to where we need to be without too much hassle. I think I'm going to wear my Jedi sans lightsabre and pack everything for the table into a backpack so that I don't have to lug stuff around too much.

~Doc_Bev

6. Akayeon

Akayeon Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2005
    Ok, Easiest way.

3-130 is the Rooms Monroe A-B, of which they are commonly Called.

Best to park in Lots M/G, the Back lots. From there Go in the 2nd Floor doors ( Theres a big concrete Slab that says MCC on it, thats the stairs =D ).

Once inside, Turn Left, Then straight acorss the cafeteria. The room right over there is 3-130/Monroe A-B.

If you need help still ,ill have my Cell ( 1-585-269-8959 ). Call and ill meet you outside. =D

7. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Can come down for 10-15 minutes to say hi. Got sucked into going to work today. :(

8. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    So how'd this go?

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I have a few pictures, but I probably won't post those until after the VGTS.
    It went OK. The roundtable "discussion" was really more of a lecture, but I suppose I should have expected that at a college. We didn't stay for the film, but instead went out to Buffalo Wild Wings.

I didn't really have a chance to talk to the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Club's president (which was one of the main reasons I wanted to attend) but I did give her a Rochester Fandom card, so hopefully we can get some communication flowing that way.

We didn't really get too many questions about the Star Wars groups, but some considering the size of the audience (maybe 25-ish people including us and the panelists). Poor TX4277 got jumped by one of the attendees though. Thank goodness he was standing next to a table or he probably would have gotten knocked flat on the ground. [face_beatup]

I'm glad I went as I think that we made at least a few more people aware of our presence, but I'm glad we didn't have more than 3 costumers as that would've been overkill.

One other good thing is I did get a couple copies of the Monroe Doctrine - the campus paper that has an article and picture about our event at Media Play for the EIII DVD release. I'll try to remember to bring it to VG. Although I only have a few copies so priority goes to those in the picture and others can get a scanned copy (unless I can get my hands on more hard copies).

~Doc_Bev

10. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Hope you guys had fun. I was expecting more questions. There were a few things I wanted to say about the PT, but by the time I knew it I had to go to work.

I have 20 spare copies of the MD for you guys in the Midnight Madness - Greece Article. I'll get them to you ASAP. Maybe the December meeting in 2 weeks.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Thanks Moleman for getting more copies of the Monroe Doctrine for us.

The few pictures I took from this are now up. I unfortunately was totally unprepared (as was TX) for getting a shot of Joyful leaping onto TX4277. :eek: In fact it doesn't look like a got a decent shot of the audience at all unfortunately...

~Doc_Bev

12. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    No problem. I do the circulation of the MD, so it was pretty easy.

The pics are pretty good. I hope the Sci-Fi Club and FLAC does a follow-up to this in the Spring.

13. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Unprepared almost begins to describe the flurry of thoughts and emotions :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.