main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO ROTS at Skyview Drive-in/ in Belleville (takers???)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by twilek69, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I don't know for how long, but ROTS will be showing at Skyview Drive-in theatres starting tomorrow at midnight. Well since most of us have plans for Wednesday and Saturday, maybe we could get together and try and go on Sunday. Any takers?
    This would be so much fun. Those of us with kids could let them play and we could all sit around with our drinks (soda, beer, whatever) and popcorn in our lawnchairs. How much fun would this be???

Here is a link to Skyview's website

www.skyview-drive-in.com/secondpage.htm

I will try and get through to someone at some point at the theatre and see if you can buy tickets in advance or if you have to wait in line and hope you get in. Let me know if you are game.
    Leash

2. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I don't know about Sunday, but I had talked to my wife about going to see it at the Skyview sometime soon.

I'm hoping it will be playing for at least a couple of weeks. Actually, I was hoping they might do a Star Wars marathon!

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I SAW THAT TODAY! It sounds so cool, I hope I can get to it sometime soon, maybe next weekend. It would be so awesome to see it at the drive-in.

4. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Yeah, Sunday is a school night. How about next weekend? I would love to go then!! (If someone could tell me how to get there...)

5. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    You just come to my house Christina...I'll take care of you. :)

6. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Sounds good! I'll do that! :D

7. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Okay, It is running until the 26th. Maybe the drive-in pick it up again. I can't really go on Sunday either. I forgot kids have school. I was just so excited. Oh well!
    Leash

8. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    This might be redundant, since I posted a reply to Christina regarding this on another thread, but just to make sure to include anyone who wants to go. Skyview Drive-in in Belleville will be showing ROTS until June 2nd. Saturday would be the best day for my family. Any takers??
    Leash

9. mskeezer

mskeezer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm planning on going tonight with the wife and kids. How is the theater? I've actually never been to drive in, so what should I expect? How is the sound? Do they window speakers or what?

10. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I have not been there in ages. But they have a new system where you set your radio dial to a specific number for the sound. They no longer have the speakers you stick on the windows. Only thing I would suggest is if you plan to sit outside bring a portable radio with batteries. Have fun and let us know how it was.
    Leash

11. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    We're going on Thursday night. Teaguen really wants to see the movie, but I don't think that he could handle it in the theater. We figure this way we can distract him when need be and turn the volume down if needed.

Also, Patrick and I both saw RotJ at a drive in, so it's kind of got that family continuity thing. :)

12. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    this could be a possibility.

13. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Danielle,
    Who old is Teaguen? Let me know how it goes. I have a 3yr old daughter and she wants to see it and has never before been to a movie theatre or drive-in. I think this is something she could handle.
    Cursed is playing afterwards, which I would like to see (Werewolf movie), but don't think we will stick around for that one. Kids do not need to see that one and probably won't fall asleep before it starts. Oh well!
    Leash

14. titania7

Mar 28, 2005
    He turned 3 on April 27 and this will be his first movie going experience. I'm hoping that he falls asleep during RotS so we can stay for the second movie. I'll let you know how it goes.

15. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    We wouldn't be staying for the last movie either...

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I wish I could go but I'm in the negative dollars again :(

17. kancerman

kancerman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    ack ... I'm open to this one, too ... live right down the road from Skyview :D ... I did the 12.01 am wednesday night showing opening day :D

18. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Amy, Leash and I are all planning to go. Possibly Tim. If anyone else is interested we are meeting at 8pm. PM for directions.

Danielle, did you guys make it the other night? How was it? Is the drive in big or should we plan on getting there early to get space?

19. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I'm still hoping to make it. Where are you meeting?

I've got a busy day planned on Sat. (but at least I'm not working for once!) and I hope the MRS and I can still make it.

20. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    We are meeting at Amy's. I have my fingers crossed that you can make it Tim.

21. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
  22. titania7

Mar 28, 2005
    We had an awesome time! It wasn't very crowded at all, but it was a Thursday night.

Bring batteries and a portable radio because they don't have the speakers on the polls like they did when I was a kid. It's broadcasted on a radio station.

You can't beat the price! We spent $25 total and we got admission, hot dogs, hamburgers and fries all around. I popped a bunch of popcorn and we munched on that. It was a lot of fun.

23. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Wow! Sounds like great fun. Cheap too. That is good to know. I can't wait till tomorrow...

24. RodianGreedo

RodianGreedo Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I want to come, but I don't know any of you. I don't know where you are meeting. I live in the city, so maybe I should just meet you guys there. Tell me what car(s) to look for. I've never been to a drive-in, and have always wanted to go to one. This sounds like the perfect opportunity to go.

25. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I will have a green Toyota Previa(sp?) minivan. Hmmm, we will be arriving around 8. Join us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.