main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS Burger King/Merchandising Discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Captain_Typho, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    ok, unless you guys want to be spoiled and see what General Grevious finished form looks like as well as a new picture of Emperor Palpatine, stay away fromt eh burger king pictures on the tfn main page! The devil they are! HUGE spoilers about Grevious so stay away!

2. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I don't mind the pictures so much as long as I don't know the plot and the twists of the movie. I'm guessing you have not seen the trailer?

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I would assume anyone hardcore spoiler free about ROTS would be smart enough to stay away from the Ep 3 page on TF.N...

4. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Damn it, now my interest is piqued. How spoilery are we talking?

EDIT: Well, I looked. Yes, I can see why people might not want to look at that. But from what we saw in the teaser, it's pretty much expected. However, people may not want that much detail.

Does Grievous seem a bit off to anyone else? His proportions, especially around the bottom of the mask, look different from the other pictures we've seen of him, like the databank one.

BTW, topics like this really do bring more attention to these things than if nothing were said.

5. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Not to bad.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Huge spoilers? Not really, at least not to me.

Not after the trailer. Sure, there's a finished shot of Grievous, but we've been seeing so many pics of him, it's not exactly blowing me away in the spoiler department.

It IS a nice finished shot though, far superior to the one on the OS, IMHO.

7. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Little bit melodramatic aren't ya there Typho.. :p

I really don't see how they're THAT spoilery. Reading the captions is a perhaps more so.

8. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Those are some pretty sweet ads. I might start eating at Burger King, just to get the toys...

I'm not terribly impressed with those action figures, though. Likenesses aren't very good.

9. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    um, i'm sorry but Grevious with Naboo scenery in the BG is quite a bit spoilery. And those images also confirm that Palps will look very much like Palps from rotj.

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I didn't think the Burger King ad was very spoilerish...

11. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Well that isn't necessarily Naboo, it could be a different planet, Alderaan perhaps... or maybe it's just a promo image. We have no idea.

And I'm really not suprised by Palpatine because of what the OS has been saying about him all along and the image from the trailer.

Sorry you felt so spoiled though.

Love those Burger King toys... even though it's totally part of the marketing machine (the 4th horseman of the apocalypse)... but they do look fun, and little things like that will help draw people to the movie.

12. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Well, I wasn't spoiled about it until we started naming planets here...

13. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    See, I'm a nervous spoilerfree fan, and I didn't even have much apprehension from looking at the pic. Probably because its going to be all over the place in a few months anyways. Burger king, cover of every magazine, and on toy racks. Its the back of the packages of the toys I have learned from the last 2 movies not to look at.

14. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I'm diggin' Palps in the fancy robes. I wonder if they might be ceremonial? Perhaps Vader's official knighting or something?

15. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    Ya I like the fancy robes. Perhaps they are ceremonial or something...
    They look like something Palpatine would wear as chancellor too. I just hope he wears the basic sidious/emperor palpy robe with the brooch. I'm sure he does.

16. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    By the way...Yoda looks VERY serious in this photo. I like it. And Vader has a lit saber. Hopefully that is an indication he'll use it in the film.

17. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Palpatine looks awful. And I don't mean he looks awful as in physically awful, the costume/make up is TERRIBLE.

Grievous looks stupid, too.

The trailer showed more than enough cool things to counter these minor issues.

18. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I think the robes are great, and I think that his face is too brightly lit, it will look cool in dark shadowy lighting, which is how I assume he will appear in the film.

19. zap2012

zap2012 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2002
    i question the efficacy of creating a topic to warn about spoilers, and then give away the spoilers we're supposed to avoid... GG with naboo in the BG indeed...

andy

20. zap2012

zap2012 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2002
    oh god, i need the toys!

andy

21. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    "Palpatine looks awful. And I don't mean he looks awful as in physically awful, the costume/make up is TERRIBLE. "

ARE YOU MAD! Palpatine looks great! He looks like Palpatine from rotj only a tad younger...... it really looks wonderful!

22. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    I think he looks right. The large picture is just a bit awkward to some of you, because of the hood/robes and lighting. Plus he looks a little more robust and less withered than the OT, which makes perfect sense. The small picture of him on the action figure with his normal robes looks very good. We've seen very little, I'm sure it'll be fine come May to those of you who aren't sure of it. I'm pleased.
    I guess this explains the "brown" robe we see in the trailer

23. durga2112

durga2112 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    Agree with Captain_Typho - I think it's really remarkable how they are able to take Ian, who is 20-some years older than he was in ROTJ, and make him look 20 years YOUNGER in ROTS. :)

24. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    i question the efficacy of creating a topic to warn about spoilers, and then give away the spoilers we're supposed to avoid... GG with naboo in the BG indeed...

I agree. I guess it's only HCSF threads for me from now on. :( [face_plain]

25. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    The title of the thread probably ought to be changed, because it's not exactly a spoiler warning anymore.

And what is with Palpatine in that picture?! :p His face looks like a cheap plastic mask. You can see the un-madeup area around his eyes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.