main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG ROTS Charity Premiere Roll Call

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilikebartsimpson

ilikebartsimpson Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2004
    Hi,

I never said anything about the President..but i did tell u that it was postponed to May 16.

Right now, i have only 2 free tickets for Wayne, Fatimah.

I did not forget u Yazid.. =)

I will try to get more if I have more...

For the rest of u fans, your big day will be on May 19 SW line party at Shaw Centre.

I will arrange for tickets and for u guys to maybe go on stage also on that day.

Let u know more details as soon as I can

Regards
    Lord Tyranno (Reno)

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    When will we will able to start buying tickets?

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Good question....and I have no idea. :(

Frankly, guess we got to come to the conclusion to wherther those paying want to go for 35mm ($150) or Digital ($180) first. Then I or another who can get the tickets have to meet those interested to get the money before choosing to buy from Children's Charity or Film's Society. Then meet to pass to each person their ticket.

Frankly, maybe we leave it till the first week of April in case anything else, more infos etc pop up?

4. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    weehee! u rock reno! u got pm

5. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    I am in too for the Charity Premiere! Hope we can get gd seats. :) I would prefer a non-digital format for golden village cinema thought, got quite a few bad exprience such as the screen seems like a darker shade and tone at GV marina and GV grand.

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So what's the verdict? Digital SGD180 or 35mm SGD150?

Think we should get the tickets in the most 2 weeks' time. Both Children Charity and Film Society said they won't sell the tickets over the counter and I'm not sure if I should contact GV to ask. Apparently, both societies mentioned my name to GV, and GV asked my "future" supervisor at SSC about who is this girl who bug them about the tickets. :eek:

Oh! Since I'm not rich, those interested got to pay in full first and after I gotten the tickets, it'll be a good idea if you get them from me ASAP. ;)

7. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    I'm fine with non-digital as well. Pls PM me your bank account details.

8. B0baFett

B0baFett Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Wow, it's been almost 3yrs since i visted this forum & i still rem my password too;)

The great costuming events were really enjoyable. It seems like a distant memory. In hindsight, I was advanturous to to strunt my garbs. It's admirable that u guys are keeping up the costuming.

It's a pity that there is no Boba in EP3. I may not don my suit anymore but I'll still BobaFett at heart. I am still training physically like him too ;p

Recently I took out my suit packed away & found a cache of cockroach eggs!

9. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Hey Man welcome back Boba! Dont worry they r going to create a comic bk for u. A teamup with the one and only darth vader.
    Hope your costume still can savage.

10. benTantilles

benTantilles Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2003
    won't be able to pay that much for ANY movie screening, especially if i'm going to try and come for the show in a costume. They DO have non-charity screenings on the day itself, right? I remember going to Lido for the Episode II opening. Everyone was in costumes there, too, and it was great. Thoroughly enjoyed that screening... hoping to go for the same sort this year. they will still have such things, right?

11. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi guyz!!!!!

I missed everyone soooo much!!

How are all of you?? :)

YES YES YES, pls count me in for the Premiere... how could anyone miss Episode 3?!??

Lukedecop, you rocked on TV tonite!

Jazz, thanks for asking me back... I had almost forgotten how much I enjoy being here, thanks for the reminder.

Gosh, who else is back??

Oops, this is supposed to be the ROTS Premiere Roll Call thread, and I'm just chatting away already... LOL! ;p

Ought to punish myself!

Cheers,
    JediJean

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Welcome back, B0ba! [:D] Hope you are well and will be back as Boba. ;)

BenTantilles wrote:
    > They DO have non-charity screenings on the day itself, right?
    I remember going to Lido for the Episode II opening.

Unfortunately there isn't tho' something may be cook up this May 18 and/or 19th. :D

Unless you're refering to the evening of the day AOTC was released and many of us both in and not in costumes march down Orchard Road to Lido and watch AOTC. ;) We also had a little photoshoot in front of the screen at Lido as we wait for our screening time.

JediJean, welcome back too! [:D]

13. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Big Welcoming Party!

I thought we had lost BObaFett and JediJean for good but looks like the force has guided them back!

;)

14. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Welcome back guys and gals !

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, since the news about the Charity Premiere had been given to those who attended the Midnight Release of SW Toys on Fri/Sat and no possibility of getting discounted tickets, we have to get the ticket next week onwards. :(

So far, the selection is for the 35mm one, SGD150 each. So for those who are Confirmed able to go to the Premiere, please add your ID to this List and how you can pass the money to me:

Yazid, maybe you have to get the tickets since yours is not confirmed. Unless you are willing to risk it and just come to the event in costume and pray hard you'll be given a free ticket on the day itself or hide under someone's robe/cloak. [face_laugh]

Frankly, with the pricetag rising again and badly, and the organizers not intending to sell the tickets off the counter, think the chance for empty seats is possible.

And I hope this time they also bring along the MINDS/Special kids and Orphans; I had a great time interacting with them during the Charity Premiere of AOTC, making the dressing up part more meaningful. ;)

Now if only the ticket holder is like the ROTK Premiere one, comes with 2 Film Cel from the Trailer or something. :p

16. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey Darh Eagle,

Thanks for inviting me here and letting me know about the premier!
    I'M IN!!! I AM SO IN!!!

>>Let I said, NEVER let this happen again.<<
    >>Only two fans waited all night to be the first to buy the charity tickets, and some seats in the first row went unsold.<<

On another note, yes!!! Being one of the two singaporeans they were talking about in the article, I say NEVER let that happen again man! Let's show this U.S. punks what local fans can do! And WTF?!?!?! They didn't even let us choose the seats ourselves, and they complain front row unsolded? Then again, I'll most probably not want front row either. Not that my seats were any good too. Damm it! I was 2nd in line and stayed the whole night and they gave me crappy seats. NOTE to whoever is buying the tickets this time round, ask if we get to choose seats.

17. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Darth Eagle wrote:
    >>Okay, since the news about the Charity Premiere had been given to those who attended the Midnight Release of SW Toys on Fri/Sat and no possibility of getting discounted tickets, we have to get the ticket next week onwards.

So far, the selection is for the 35mm one, SGD150 each. So for those who are Confirmed able to go to the Premiere, please add your ID to this List and how you can pass the money to me:

1. Darth Crovus
    <<

Alread have the money set aside, I can pass it to you anytime, anywhere. Name the time and place, I'll be there!

18. GetzJedi

Jan 21, 2005
    Darth Eagle wrote:
    >>Okay, since the news about the Charity Premiere had been given to those who attended the Midnight Release of SW Toys on Fri/Sat and no possibility of getting discounted tickets, we have to get the ticket next week onwards.

1. Darth Crovus
    2. GetzJedi (Fund Transfer)
    <<

19. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    *sigh.... sheesh, if i cant get the charity ticks, which probably IS the case, then i'd probably not go then. :(
    I'm really short on cash anyways :(

20. GetzJedi

Jan 21, 2005
    I'm getting a little confused... Are we involved in the charity premier on 16 May or in the Line Party on 19 May?

21. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    We'll probably be there for as many events as we can attend... same as when Episode 2 came out.

But right now, I believe that DE is referring to the 16 May Premiere that costs $150 per ticket at GV Grand.

Right, DE?

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    We are now talking about the May 16th Charity Premiere. ;)

May 18th/19th Line Party will be another thread and discussions altogether. Need to draft out the activities based on the location and time and date (which for the first 2 is still in need of verification) first.

23. benTantilles

Apr 13, 2003
    "Unless you're refering to the evening of the day AOTC was released and many of us both in and not in costumes march down Orchard Road to Lido and watch AOTC. wink We also had a little photoshoot in front of the screen at Lido as we wait for our screening time. "

Well, i'm talking about the Midnight (ie. Wednesday/Thursday) screening of the movie at Lido. not really the evening per se. A cousin of mine arranged everything- i just hopped on for the ride. I'm going with friends this year, though- as much of my class I can bring!- so I'm going to have to find out all the details about buying the tickets before hand. She claimed it was an online ordering of tickets at the shaw website or something- which, by the way, is giving me a lot of problems with registration. You guys going to be there then? And what's all this about a Line Party on May 18th/19th?

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    > Well, i'm talking about the Midnight (ie. Wednesday/Thursday) screening of the movie at Lido. not really the evening per se.

Oh! For the AOTC one back in 2002, some of us were the culprits too. :p We just came from the AOTC Launch Party at Zouk and later went for the Midnight Release of the movie at Lido. Ya, 3 of us also did the little Jedi vs Sith battle before the movie starts. ;)

Maybe I'll upload the photos from that nite at Photobucket soon.

25. benTantilles

Apr 13, 2003
    haha, yeah, that's what i was talking about. honestly, that was the best movie screening i've been to before... i'd never been prouder to be a star wars fan. that was a sweet little battle you had going, i remember. are they going to have a similar screening this year for ROTS? and a launch party at zouk too, perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.