main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS Collectibles / Figures : Store Reports

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by civicsi99, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidiously-Darth

Sidiously-Darth Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2003
    Hi all!

Did anyone manage to make it to a Target today? I didn't but I've already picked up one each of the 2 lava figs, plo's starfighter & Coruscant 5 pack. I have a friend who's a manager in toys at a Central Florida Target. He says the Shadow Clones are not in any warehouses let alone stores. It's possible they may be around for the Nov. 1st release of the DVD.

Has anyone seen a Gunship lately? They seem to be popping up again. I would really like to get one before they're soaked up by the scalpers. I would much rather pay $30 than $50+.

I picked up #57-63 about 2 weeks ago at the Super WM in Smithfield. I have yet to see #64-68. I'll post here if they show. Hopefully, these will show in bulk to closer we get to Christmas.

Happy Hunting!

2. Axelay

Axelay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    I checked out the Targets and Wal-Marts on Glenwood, and I found two new things: jack and squat. LOL. It would seem that they have not restocked, but are likely going to any day now. I am very skeptical about whether or not any of them will have the Tactical Ops Troopers (particularly since I haven't even seen Bly and Gree around here yet), but people on Rebelscum are reporting that they have seen them on the pegs already. My friend who works at the Wal-Mart on Glenwood has said that there are currently NO new items in the stockroom, but they are expecting a very large shipment before November 1. They've already set aside a new section solely for Star Wars things beside the entrance to the garden center.

I have not seen a Gunship in a very long time now, but I'll keep my eyes open.

3. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    i saw several 12" figures at crabtree TRU yesterday.....they had greivous, bariss offee, shaak ti, and a few others i havent seen in a while. good luck!

4. Sidiously-Darth

May 19, 2003
    Hi all!

I had a very nice surprise at Target this morning around 9:45am.

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6394/imag03548yu.jpg

I found these at the Target just past the I-40 on-ramp on Hwy. 70 in Garner. I consider myself very lucky. There was one R4 left. So everyone, keep your eyes open. They're starting to hit and hopefully in abundance as we get closer to Christmas.

Good Luck!!!

5. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    Nice scouting!!!

6. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    WOW. I am insanely jealous!

7. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    Sidiously-Darth, if I come over to your house dressed as an Imperial Officer with two stormtroopers will you hand them over? If Vader came, would you? Ha ha, congrats on the find. Now if I can only find those two holographic figures and the 501st clones.....[drool], lol.

William

8. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    :_|

Made the rounds tonight to the North Hills Target, Glenwood Target, Brier Creek Target Greatland, Glenwood Wal-Mart, and Brier Creek Super Wal-Mart, and the only new thing I found was the new large-scale Titanium X-Wing and Republic Gunship. (At Super Wal-Mart.) I STILL have yet to see Bly and Gree! And now I just have this sinking feeling that as soon as the Tactical Ops Trooper hits, they are ALL going to get ganked. Ah well, it's still fun to be in the hunt.

Hey, did y'all see the pics of the upcoming Saga Hoth wave on Rebelscum? Some of those look GREAT - especially General Veers.

9. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    In what might be the strangest restock I've ever seen, the Glenwood Wal-Mart finally put out the #57-#63 wave. However, they only put out ONE box of them. Here they have an entire section set aside by the garden center for new Star Wars items and there was a grand total of about 15 figures in it, which meant one of each of #57-#63 and the rest were previously released figures. What... the... hell...? Well, at least I finally got a Bly and Gree, so I can't be too displeased. It's funny though that I've been eyeing that section for the past few weeks now just waiting for what looked like a tidal wave of Star Wars restocking. Now it looks like that tidal wave was nothing more than a squirt gun! Well, I'm still hoping that it may just get slammed full again after all. There seems to be no pattern whatsoever to how they unpack and shelve their boxes.

So... any more Tactical Ops Trooper sightings? [face_praying]

10. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Yet another day of non-Tactical Ops Trooper sightings. But I did see some other interesting things!

- The Target on Glenwood has the Lego Ultimate Space Battle set. Look for it on an endcap in the girls' toys section.

- The Wal-Mart on Glenwood has the DVD 3-packs, but they only got 6 of them. If you want these, better hurry.

C'mon, peeps, give me a hot tip on some Tactical Ops Troopers! :p

11. Sidiously-Darth

May 19, 2003
    Nothing new to report. I was at the Clayton Super WM today but nothing new. I must agree that the local WMs are dropping the ball with these new displays. A huge lack of product does not help sales. Maybe they have something big instore for the 1st of November.

12. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Nothing new to report yet, unfortunately! I'm still hunting for the Tactical Ops Trooper. If you see 'em, please do let me know.

13. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Lego Collectors:

Right now, Online retailers are having some great deals for SW Lego Collectors! Walmart.com has several large Lego Models (including Y-Wing and Star Destroyer) with shipping costing only 97 cents! And Toysrus.com is running a $10 dollars off special on their exculsive "Lego Stories and Action Star Wars"!

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

14. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    i was in charlotte today and grabbed 2 holo emperors from TRU there, so these should be hitting the triangle soon. any word on the final 5 yet? ive been hitting stores like crazy and coming up w/ nothing. oh what a glorious day it will be when i am done w/ this line 8-}

15. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    So frustrating. I hit almost every Target and Wal-Mart in Raleigh and Cary yesterday and found absolutely nothing new of interest. I'm ready for the floodgates to open any time now!

16. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    FINALLY found the new clone evolutions variant w/ the super filthy sandtrooper tonight at north hills target......there were only 2 left but ive heard reports of these showing up at targets and wal marts so keep an eye out. i acquired a tac ops trooper and holo plo koon by trade so now i only need 3 more basic figures and i am done w/ ROTS (besides the target shadow trooper) maybe we will see these final 5 hit soon - i know im tired of looking every day and not finding anything[face_hypnotized]

EDIT - forgot to mention they had the clone 3 pack w/ the GREEN clone......first time ive seen this version anywhere (got mine through a trade so he is still there).

17. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    saw several more of the new clone evo sets around targets today. i used the dpci and got 2 shadow troopers so they are out there just ask! also, TRU crabtree had at least 3 dozen holo emperors so there are plenty to go around. final 5, why do you elude me so? :_|

18. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Anybody know when the "Separation of the Twins" figures hit Walmart?

19. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Dal-Interpid:

I have not seen a street date for the Walmart Twin Separation set. I will see if my contact at Walmart can ask that question with their Hasbro rep, and I will post if I get any word from them. Your best bet to find that information is the rebelscum.com, galactichunter.com, and yakface.com for street dates on SW items. So far, there has been no word of a street date on these websites.

How is SW collecting in the Greenville area? Are you planning to go to the Toy Show in Greensboro?

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

20. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

I went scouting last night around the area (mainly the Garner area), and I wanted to post my finds. I really did not find much, but the information I have is important for a lot of collectors who post here.

The Target Exculsive Utapau Shadow Troopers are in the STOCKROOM at one of the two Target stores in Garner! I asked a Target Team Member when this item was going to be put on the floor, and the answer was Sunday, November 20th.

I did pick up the new Galactic Heros at Walmart-Clayton and the new Evolutions clone tooper variant at Target-Garner.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

21. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    To be honest, I've slowed down my own collecting quite a bit so I don't make the regular toy runs I used to do. I did notice the TRU Holographic Emperor was warming the pegs here in town last week. Other than that I haven't seen much lately.

Greensboro is a bit far for me for a toy show. Raleigh is about my limit for driving for toys. I missed the last Raleigh toy show due to a family function, so I hope to make the next one.

22. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Words cannot express how annoyed I am today with the Target Greatlands "customer service" desk. I went in there at about 10:45 this morning and thought I'd see if they had any grey Evolutions sets on the shelves. There were none, but the handy DPCI scanner was right at the end of the aisle and so I got the number off of the shelf tag. The scanner indicated that the item was "in stockroom." I looked around but didn't see anyone in the toy department, so I went straight to the front desk. I explained to the guy that I was looking for an item, had used the DPCI scanner on the aisle to see that it was in the stockroom, and that I'd like to ask if someone could please bring me one. He said OK, called the back, and then said I'd need to wait. No big deal. I waited for 10 minutes and the guy came back with a box of Battlepacks. I explained that that was not what I was looking for, and that this set was actually called an Evolutions set. I gave him the DPCI number once again so that he could confirm that the correct object was being looked for, and he asked me if I could go bring him the shelf tag. I thought this was highly unusual, but I said OK and set out to pull the tag. After doing this, the guy was completely gone from the service desk. I waited for another 15 minutes for him to come back, and then finally broke down and asked another lady if she could please find out where he went. She said she didn't know but that she'd try to help me instead. I gave her the tag that the guy said to pull, and she also thought that it was very unusual that he had asked me to go take it. She did a search and found that they did have the item in the stockroom, and she called back for someone to get it. By this time, one of the store managers is curious as to what's going on and he comes to see what the holdup is. He is baffled as to why I had the shelf tag and I explained to him that I was specifically told to go get it. When one of the floor managers hears that I had the shelf tag, she got rather pissy and said that I did not ever need to be pulling tags off of the shelves. I explained to her once again that I was only doing what the first guy told me to do. About 15 minutes later, another box is brought to the desk... and it's more Battlepacks. I couldn't believe this, so I asked them to check and make certain that they were searching for the correct object. One of the girls at the desk looked at the inventory and realized that the Battlepacks are apparently one digit off of the DPCI for the Evolutions sets. When she called back to the stockroom a THIRD time to ask them to look for the correct number, the guy in the back just told her that they didn't have any and that they sent up the "next best thing." I asked the manager how it could possibly be that the DPCI scanner said they had the item and the inventory computer said they had the item, but yet the stockboy said they didn't and so he just thought it would be OK to send up the next best thing. The manager completely didn't know what was going on. The girl at the desk said that she could see that some of the other stores in the area have the Evolutions sets and that she'd call them and find out, but then I asked her how could she know that for certain if the computer in their own store was telling them that they did and yet the stockboy was arguing to the contrary? I was so annoyed by this time that I just said I'd deal with it myself and walked out. I can't believe I wasted almost an hour for this crap and walked away empty handed.

23. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Ah, the story's not over yet. LOL. I was out running errands all over Raleigh last night and decided I'd go hit up the Wal-Mart on Wake Forest, the Target on Capital, and the Super Target at Triangle Towne Center. After seeing absolutely nothing new at the first two places, I was thrilled to find a lone grey-colored Clone Trooper Evolutions set at TTCST. Strangely, it looked like the box had been attacked by a wolverine, as chunks of it had been torn off of the front and sides. I didn't care, though, since I was planning on opening it anyway. I took it up to the checkout and was surprised to find that it was not a valid item in the inventory computer. The cashier said that someone must have put it on the shelf before it had been inventoried, and that he had no idea how much it cost. He asked me if I knew, and I told him $19.99. He said that was fine with him, and just rang it up as general merchandise. I joked that if he wanted to make it $9.99 then that'd be welcome, but he just laughed and said "that's what you get for being honest." Hey, I'm just glad I got one! :D

24. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Sorry to hear about your collecting pains.

Are you still interested in going to thetoy show in Greensboro? If you are... PM me.

25. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    I'm still not sure if I am or not? I am trying to get up with a friend in Greensboro, and I may well stay the night there if I do go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.