main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS Collectibles / Figures : Store Reports

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by civicsi99, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

It is a dark time for collectors. With the demand so high and supply so limited; it has put a damper on collecting, as well as taken the fun out of the collecting community for many. Currently, a store's SW stock changes in a blink of an eye, so reporting the stock of a store is pretty much useless.

I will give you an example:

This morning at 11:00 am, North Hills Target had the new Coruscant Wave. The only figures from this set left on the shelf is Anakin (2), Obi-wan (2), Griveous (2), and Foul Moudama (1). If you leave your house and drive over there, you might find one or two of these figures if you are lucky. As far as the Universal Galactic Hunt (UGH) figures, your best bet is on Ebay!

I went scouting from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm today. I checked out a few stores the day before, and these stores had nothing on the shelves. The first store I went to at 9:00 am, only had one figure from the Coruscant Wave, and they were only open for one hour! The more stores I went to I was able to get maybe one or two from the same wave. It was a successful morning for me, but I was NOT even able to get a complete wave after going to 11 stores!!! As far as the UGH figures, I did not even see a single one! (Thank goodness I am not collecting these!)

As you can see, there is no way to report stock at a store! If the stores around the Triangle made there SW section larger and got more wave boxes (and if Hasbro puts two duplicate figures per box), it may help with the demand of the Triangle Collecting Community. But that is not going to happen!

The only way to resolve this problem in our collecting forum is to PM TTF collectors with what you are looking for and see if they could pick one up for you when they go scouting. TTF condones scalping, but members helping out other members is allowed.

If anyone PM you with a list of figures for sell, PM me immediately! This will not be tolerated!

Hope this helps with our collecting forum. I know I have not posted in awhile (work has been really busy for me), but I do check the TTF forum everyday. I have enjoyed talking with our TTF collecting members for awhile and would like to see it keep going!

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx
    CR Raleigh, NC

2. Axelay

Axelay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    It's more competitive than I can possibly believe. I went out to North Hills at about 1:00 today not having known that any of the Coruscant wave had been put on the shelves. When I checked to see what they had, the only trace was a single Obi-Wan. I'd have never known they had any of them at all were it not for this one.

3. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Dear Raleigh area scalpers,

I'd like to take this opportunity to drop you a nice, big, nuclear f-bomb. I got mine before you could swipe them all up. :p

[image=http://www.axelay.net/Miscellaneous/VTSC.jpg]

Signed,

Axelay

Found 'em this very morning and couldn't be any happier. :D Had to talk a Target employee into getting them for me, and I'm not sure I'll be able to pull that same trick again. Didn't think to ask for the Skirmish battle pack, but it might very well be in some stores, too.

Still haven't seen a single Cody yet, and I'm increasingly getting pissed about that. Seriously, this is ridiculous now. I've seen the stores restock at least 3 times, and still nothing. If anyone has a lead or a trade, I'd be open to suggestion. I still want 2 so that I can open one and keep one. I haven't even seen a Firespeeder Pilot yet, and while I don't want one myself, I know someone who does.

4. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    hey guys........im in the same boat as you. i pretty much gave up hunting bc of 3 1/2 weeks straight of coming home empty handed and always missing cody and the fire pilot by minutes it seemed. with the price of figures up to around $7, i have decided to just order cases from EE. although i dont need em all (only collecting the ones i want from this line) im pretty sure i could sell the extras at cost or trade em. this route seems to be the best option right now with gas prices rising again and the time ive wasted hunting. at least this way im guaranteed a cody. good luck to you all and maybe the dark side will lift soon [face_worried]

5. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    hey axelay, i managed to grab an extra fire pilot today (no cody :_|) lmk if you need it. if anyone sees a speeder bike titanium, stash it for me and lmk where you put it. i already have one but i want to get one more so i can display 2 bikers w/ the luke on speederbike :) . any help is appreciated. thanks.

6. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    I'll keep an eye out for the Titanium speeder bike. I have seen them previously but didn't know you were looking for one. And ask Bodo Janx about the Firespeeder Pilot - he's the one who was looking for it when last I checked. He may have one by now, though?

7. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    I was able to find a Firespeeder Pilot. Still scouting for a Cody!

8. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    LOL. I just found a Firespeeder Pilot about an hour ago at the Wal-Mart on Wake Forest Road. I don't need it, but I figured I'd pick it up anyway since it's the first one I've seen. They had a TON of Utapau clones there, but not a single Cody. If anybody wants to trade for the Firespeeder Pilot, let me know.

9. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    HA that was you axelay......i saw you there. i had just finished putting all the clones on the same peg (i bet you wondered why they were like that :D) anyways, i have not seen cody or any UGH's ANYWHERE. btw, i found the speederbike titanium i needed so never mind. please oh great ruler of action figures..........let me find just ONE cody!!!! i beg of you!! LOL

PS...i found a non mint card Unleashed Dooku today, PM for location if anyone is interested.

10. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Hmmm, no, couldn't have been me? When I got there, all of the Utapau clones were still scattered throughout. My girlfriend thought I had lost a screw when I found the Firespeeder Pilot, and I wasn't even really looking to pick it up. I just figured maybe I could use it in a trade.

I also have yet to see a single UGH. It's a good thing I'm not collecting them or I'd be highly pissed. I always seem to be just late enough to have missed what I'm looking for, as I have seen almost everything in the wave now. Cody continues to elude me, though. I'd really, really love to know who's camping them out.

By the way, if anybody sees one of the Battlestar Galactica Titanium Vipers, please let me know. I really want one of these. They are apparently popping up on eBay already.

11. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    oh, i guess it was someone else then...lol. you really should open that firespeeder pilot man, its probably the best sculpt from this line so far. i love mine. keep the hunt alive guys!

12. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Heya Guys,

I know I've been away for a while but school will do that to you. There really isn't that much in terms of collecting down here in Pembroke, but I get what I can. I picked up that Episode III DVD release pack of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Mace last week as well as the new ESB Vader.

I'll report more if anything else comes out but we are way behind in the lines down here in Pembroke.

13. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Success! I finally managed to get my hands on 2 of Commander Cody this afternoon in Rocky Mount. I honestly don't know what I'm going to hunt for next now that I have this one. [face_laugh]

14. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Quick update - the Target on Glenwood has about a dozen Demise of Grievous figures. No Skirmish packs or anything else new.

15. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    One more quick update - Target Greatlands at Brier Creek has the new Saga packaging Jedi Starfighters. Hadn't seen them anywhere else. Absolutely nothing else new there, though.

Still looking for Titanium Battlestar Galactica Vipers. Have seen Cylon Raiders and the Galactica, but nary a Viper.

16. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    OK, yet another quick update.

Target on Capital has 4 Skirmish battlepacks left. Absolutely nothing else of consequence to report there.

Super Target on Capital has a TON of the VTSC figures. Not surprisingly, there is not a single Biker Scout among them. Once again, nothing else of consequence to report from there.

I haven't seen any more Saga figures restocked in as long as I can remember. It kinda looks like the Wal-Marts in the area got passed over for the endcap boxes. Maybe they're just running WAY behind with restocking...?

17. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    I figured I'd come on here and post about my finds yesterday. I had a meeting on Atlantic yesterday afternoon, and I had some time to kill before it so I went figure hunting. I found all 5 of the vintage figures. I was disappointed by the price, $12 is too much, but I want the George Lucas Stormtrooper, and it's cheaper than entertainment earth so I got them. I found the tusken, greedo, and solo at the Target at Triangle Town Center. I stopped at the one on Capital afterwards and found the Luke and Biker. They were in the clamshell so I had to rip the clamshells off to get the stickers to redeem Lucas. You don't have to break the bubble, but the clamshells have to be destroyed. I also picked up the All Silver Titanium Fett at Triangle Town Center. I could have gotten the Target Exclusive Grevious and Silver Titanium Vader at the Capital Target, but I opted out. I didn't like them that much. Has anyone seen the Sandtrooper Silver or regular yet? I want to get both of those. I am also looking forward to the 501st trooper in series 3! I'll be able to pimp my 501stness, ha ha. Anyways, I hope all y'all are doing well.

Will

18. FxWizard

FxWizard Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2006
    I found some of the new EP 3 H & V figs yesterday at Walmart. The one near Briar Creek.

19. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Astonishingly enough, I found my very first UGH figure in a retail store last night. The Wal-Mart on Glenwood finally decided to restock some of their figures, and I came across a Boba Fett UGH and a Snowtrooper UGH. Picked up the Boba Fett just for fun, but passed on the Snowtrooper. Now I'd really love to find an extra Cody so that I could try to swap his legs and maybe repaint him.

20. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Stopped by the Super Wal-Mart on New Bern Ave. last night on the way home and saw the new "Greatest Hits" figures. No black clone pilots, unfortunately, but there was still one Destroyer and one regular Clone Trooper.

21. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Oooooh! I saw the new Lego Star Destroyer and Jabba's Sail Barge over at Toys 'R Us in Cary. I am really dying to get that Star Destroyer. Does anyone know of any TRU coupons or specials which I might take advantage of?

22. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    mos eisley has hit in clt according to GH so be on the lookout guys! i stopped collecting the 3 3/4 line but id like to grab a single sandtrooper from that wave. i saw 3 complete sets of the new unleashed tonight at wal mart off wake forest rd. good luck!

23. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Bingo! Found the Tatooine wave at Target at North Hills today. Didn't see Luke or Cody, but the Sandtrooper ROCKS.

24. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Just came from Toys 'R Us over in Cary tonight and saw one Clone Wars Gunship left on the bottom shelf. No Hunt for Grievous packs, though. They also had 2 open boxes of Tatooine wave figs on the floor with everything but Sandtroopers. Finally got to see Luke, and absolutely passed since he looks like he's wearing lipstick. Ugh.

25. TKBIG

TKBIG Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    Is it just me or does it seem that Toys 'R Us is better at having SW toys. It takes forever for our Walmart stores around here (Lexington, Salisbury area) to restock merchandise.

LOL!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.