ROTS Collectibles / Figures : Store Reports

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by civicsi99, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKBIG Jedi Youngling

Is it just me or does it seem that Toys 'R Us is better at having SW toys. It takes forever for our Walmart stores around here (Lexington, Salisbury area) to restock merchandise.

LOL!!!
  2. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I find that the one remaining in this area (Cary) is on a decent pace, but they don't seem to get enough of the new stuff to be available for very long. Case in point - they only had one box of Tatooine figs, and only one of the Clone Wars gunships. I have to say that they have been very good about the VTSC figs, and their prices are a whole lot better than Target. And another thing, they're the only place which has the Lego Sail Barge and Star Destroyer. It's driving me up the wall trying to find a coupon or some kind of discount so that I can consider picking these up for less than $200. :_|
  3. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you have a list of your needs/wants? Please post them here.
  4. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, let me think. I guess all I'm really wanting immediately would be the Lego Turbo Tank 7261 and the Lego Star Destroyer 6211. I'm still on the fence about the Star Destroyer - I don't know where I'd put it - but if I could find something like a "buy one get one 50% off" deal like Toys 'R Us periodically does with Legos, then I'd jump all over it. Some prices on eBay are currently better with shipping than the $100 TRU is asking.

I haven't really decided if I want a Hunt for Grievous battlepack or not yet. I think I want to see it in person before I decide.

Oh yeah, I'd like to find a replacement Saga Scorch, as the one I kept in package has a big dent in the bubble. If anyone wants an opener, I've already got another one open. I also really would like to get some more loose Shocktroopers #41 which came with the Skirmish in the Senate battlepack, but not at $20 for another whole pack.
  5. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    I have Star Wars collectibles at my shop! check us out!
  6. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is a list of the Star Wars Toys we have available. Please feel free to PM me if you are interested.
    Star Wars The Power of the Force Jabba the Hutt's dancers Rystall, Greeata & Lyn Me 1998
    Star Wars The Power of the Force Jabba the Hutt and Han Solo 1997
    Star Wars The Power of the Force Cantina Showdown Dr Evazan, Ponda Baba & Obi-Wan Kenobi 1997
    Star Wars The Power of the Force Cantina Aliens Labria, Nabrun Leids & Takeel 1998
    Star Wars The Power of the Force Boba Fett 1995
    Star Wars The Power of the Force Bespin Luke Skywalker with light saber and Blaster with freeze frame action slide 1997
    Star Wars The Power of the Force Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper disguise with Imperial blaster 1996
    Star Wars The Power of the Force Stormtrooper with battle damage and blaster rifle pack includes Comm Tech chip 1999
    Star Wars Rebel Alliance Deluxe Luke Skywalker's desert sport skiff 1996
    Star Wars Attack of the Clones R2-D2 coruscant sentry collection 1 2002
    Star Wars Return of the Jedi Endor Rebel Soldier collection 2 2002
    Star Wars Power of the Jedi Luke Skywalker in Echo Base Bacta tank 2001
    Star Wars Battle Pack Jedi Temple Assault Darth Vader with 3 clone troopers and a clone pilot 2005
    Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Toys R Us exclusive Holographic Emperor Palpatine 2005
    Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Darth Vader #11 2005
    Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Clone Commander #33 green 2005
    Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Clone Pilot with firing cannon #34 2005
  7. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Saw 1 of Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter as well as 1 of Darth Vader's Tie Advanced at the Super Target at Triangle Towne Center this evening. Nothing else of interest to report. I'm very anxious about the new Snowspeeder now.

The same Target also had a very beat-up Lego Turbo Tank on clearance for a whopping $75.00. That's really absurd considering the condition it was in. I still want this very badly, so if anyone has seen one cheaper, I'd love to hear about it.
  8. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK, all of the new things revealed at SDCC are simply amazing. I think I'm going to have clone overdose.

Y'all let me know as soon as you see the new Snowspeeder and X-Wing.
  9. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Found the Endor wave in Rocky Mount, but haven't seen a single one of them here in Raleigh yet. The Death Star Gunner is a susprisingly good figure! Only other new things I've seen lately were the Unleashed battle packs with the Hoth retreat and Snowspeeder, both of which were at Target.
  10. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    For any of you collectors out there looking for vintage figures, check out our E-bay store, Cary's Sports Zone. We have quite a few of some of the Power of the Force and Power of the Jedi figures.
  11. Sidiously-Darth Jedi Padawan

Hi all from the mecca of Johnston County, Smithfield. I think I've posted here in the past but it has been a while.

I ran into Brad (aka Bodo...I think) tonight at the SuperCenter in Clayton. We talked for a bit and he caught me army building, 1 Shock, 4 501st & 4 Tank Gunners. Not to worry though, they still have 3 cases each with 2x 501st and 2x Tank Gunners plus assorted figures from the Greatest Battles Wave. I'll get in touch if I find those cars you are hunting.

Hey Stacey, are you with the store who's table I've been keeping safe from the last toy show until it can be returned? If so, I was going to bring it by the show this weekend and drop it off.

If anyone catches wind of the TRU AT-AT or X-wing, lmk. I'm after each of these and since we have one TRU locally, it may be a pain to track down.

Also, my WM received several cases of the Tatooine Revision case with 2x Scorch and 1x Cody. I'm not sure if this is a sign of what's to come or just a bump before the next waves.

If I can help anyone, please don't hesitate to send me a message. Happy Hunting!
  12. Sidiously-Darth Jedi Padawan

NVM Stacey. I had you confused with someone else. My apologies.
  13. stacey113 Jedi Master

star 4
    no worries! see you at the show.
  14. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK, in the "WTH" category, I don't get why it's taking every Wal-Mart in this area so long to reset. I don't think they are supposed to leave out the printouts of the layouts on the shelves, but I noticed that one of them said the reset was supposed to have been completed by 8/7. Ah well.

Regardless, I had the most pleasant surprise tonight while visiting the one on Glenwood. I found a lone 501st trooper in completely the wrong aisle, but it was the only one I could find. Still, though, that's great for me since it's only the SECOND one I have EVER seen in a store anywhere. I just can't believe the Greatest Battles figures are going for $7.00, so I guess this will be the last of those I'll ever bother with.
  15. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just saw 2 Death Star Gunners on the pegs at Target North Hills. Better grab 'em fast if you still don't have any.
  16. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just came back from a late-night run to Wal-Mart at Brier Creek and found 2 more 501st Legion troopers which had been freshly pegged, but I actually left them there because there were TWO checkouts in operation, and there might have been 25 people all with shopping carts full of stuff. It was so completely not worth my time to deal with that kind of crap, so I hope one of y'all scoops them up.
  17. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Toys R Us in Cary currently has TSC figures on sale for $5.99 instead of $6.99. I normally wouldn't bite, but I managed to find 2x Scorch yesterday. Still no sign of the X-Wing there.
  18. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Toys 'R Us in Cary has the new Lego 6212 X-Wing fighter with Wedge.
  19. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    If anybody's army building the 501st, TRU in Cary has about a dozen of them on the pegs now. The bad news is that they're $6.99 apiece...
  20. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    North Hills Target has the new Target-exclusive Unleashed Grievous and Boba Fett, if anyone's interested.
  21. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Toys 'R Us Cary has the new Dagobah X-Wing and several more Clone Wars gunships.
  22. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    First new find in a long time now. I picked up a Force Action lightsaber at the Super Wal-Mart on 64 last night. They weren't out yet, but I luckily managed to find a palette with a single box of them. I asked an employee if it was OK to open it so that I could get just one, and he didn't mind. Read my review here: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2197063&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#2197063

(For some reason, the board is screwing up this address. There should not be a space between =&fpar and t= at the end of the link.)
  23. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Target exclusive Unleashed Grievous is warming the endcaps here in G'ville. Marked down to half off now and still about 10 of them on the endcap two days ago.
  24. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Toys 'R Us in Cary has a bunch of the new grey Tie Fighters. They also have a few TAC collectible tins, but only in AOTC and ROTS.

Target at Crossroads has several Saesee Tin JSF's, and 3 Rogue Two Snowspeeders.
  25. Axelay Jedi Knight

star 1
    Managed to pick up a Mace Windu's Attack Squadron Battlepack yesterday from the Target at Crossroads. Had the DPCI number and gave it to a very helpful employee who was happy to get a fresh case from storage. He said that he hadn't seen it before then, and was happy to get one for himself while he was at it. This really is an extraordinarily good battlepack, as I love the airborne trooper. The paint apps on the other clones are amazing, and for some reason I had never noticed the extra shoulder pauldron they wear. Mace is the weakest part of the pack, but since I didn't have one before now, it's all good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.