main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY ROTS Collector thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Plastic, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimomchandra

jedimomchandra Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    Finally got Cody today! Nick was soooo excited about that one. I also saw the Target Exclusive Boba Fett and General Greivous full sized Unleashed figures today.

2. Darth_Plastic

Darth_Plastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2002
    I have only seen COdy in the stores 3 times. Oddly enough one of the times was in Kroger's. I finally scored the new dagohbah X-wing from TRU yesterday. Man it was an expensive day. I heard the new wave of Endor\Naboo figures are now out. The hunt never ends. By the way, it looks like Ciruit City has the best price on the Trilogy this week. It was $14.99 there along with 3 free exclusive lithographs.

3. shivelycore

shivelycore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2002
    I've seen Cody tons of times.

I picked up the DVDs, the AT AT and Lego Star wars II over the last week.

4. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    I'm on the fence about purchasing the AT-AT. I did find around 7 at the Dixie TRU Sunday, but I do have the one that was released around 8 ye3ars ago.

5. shivelycore

Jul 20, 2002
    This is the first AT AT I've owned. I think I'm going to just buy a case for Entertainment Earth for the next wave of clone figures. I doubt I'd ever find them all in stores.

6. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    The next two waves are pretty clone heavy. I am considering just buying the cases from EE myself. Since most of the figures are army builders.

7. shivelycore

Jul 20, 2002
    I grabbed another shocktrooper to actually open at Target on Westport yesterday. It was "hidden" along with a Cody.

8. Gen-Kenobi

Gen-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2006
    Has anyone seen the new Wal-mart exclusive Battle pack Treachery on Salucemi in Louisville yet? I have hit 3 wal-marts so far the past 2 days and no new figures/sets to report out. Also waiting for them to clearence the tin sets at Target and Wally world...if you see that happen let us know!

9. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    THe tin sets are being clearenced out at the Target on Dixie.

10. MasterJediTiger

MasterJediTiger Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Wal-Mart in LaGrange, KY. Just picked up Clone Commander Neyo.

From the official Star Wars Databanks: The command identified Allie as an enemy of the Republic. Carrying out the order, he braked his BARC speeder bike, falling in behind the Jedi. He and a wingman opened fire with their speeder-mounted laser cannons, killing Stass Allie and destroying her speeder bike.

The bikes look great. They had 7 of the two packs there yesterday. I took the eighth...hehe.

11. jedimomchandra

Mar 26, 2005
    I haven't been out to the stores lately. We have been picking up the Titanium Series ships as we come across them. Nick is now getting more into the "collecting" side of it all. We did find out that our old neighbor is thinking about selling his collection (he's 12), and we're first on his list to call! We've got most of the same things, but there are a few pieces that I wouldn't mind having.

12. MasterJediTiger

Apr 4, 2005
    I've seen the new packaging fo the figures with the coind. 30 year anniversary. Whahoooooooooyah. [face_dancing]

So far I've seen Mace Windu, R2-D2, Super-Battle Droids, and the collector case at walmart. I've seen the battle packs at Target. The rebel blasters are also at walmart.

Great to hear from you all.

13. jedimomchandra

Mar 26, 2005
    Well, I'm off work today and after I take the dogs to get their shots, I'm going shopping! Well, as far as the hubby knows, I'm shopping for Easter gifts for our neices. But I figure that I deserve to have an Easter gift too. I let you know if I find anything good out there.

14. jedimomchandra

Mar 26, 2005
    Nick now has 6 new vehicles to add to his Titanium Series collection, as well as the Airborne Trooper and Mustafar Lava Miner (w/coins). I also picked up a Hailfire Droid (I know it's been out for awhile, but I didn't have it yet).

I haven't decided yet it I'm going to try and collect all of the coins or just get the characters that I like. In the meantime, I'm on the lookout for Mace Windu (for Nick of course) and the McQuarrie Stormtrooper.

Happy Hunting!

15. MasterJediTiger

Apr 4, 2005
    Im on the lookout for airborne trooper and the McQuarrie Trooper too. Where did you get the airborne trooper at?

16. jedimomchandra

Mar 26, 2005
    Russ - I got it at the Target in New Albany. It was the last one there. I was also at the Wal-Mart in NA and the Target and TRU in Clarksville, and they didn't have much of anything new.

Nick mentioned that he had seen a picture of a different McQuarrie Stormtrooper somewhere, so maybe we'll be lucky to have more than just the one. I wonder what other McQuarrie figures that might come out with?

17. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    I think the McQuarrie Starm trooper will also ship with wave 3. I have been just buying cases of the figures online, so I would not have to worry about finding them in the stores.

So Far in Mcquarrie Line:

Concept Stormtrooper-wave1
    Concept Fett- wave 2 (also out now)
    Concept Chewbacca- wave 3
    Concept Vader-wave 4
    Concept Luke- wave 5
    Rumored Concept Han

And of course R2 & 3p0 (C4 exclusives)

18. jedimomchandra

Mar 26, 2005
    Thanks for the update. I can't wait to see the Chewie one. I'm going to dig up my old cards so I can remember what the McQuarrie's looked like.

If anyone is going to C4 and wouldn't mind picking up an extra 3PO/R2, please let me know and we can make arrangements.

19. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    It looks like The Concept Luke is also going to be another CIV exclusive. Another one I will have to resort to the secondary market to get.

20. jedimomchandra

Mar 26, 2005
    I know. I hate paying out the nose for "exclusives" on ebay or other sites. I tried to convince the hubby to let me just charge the trip to LA so I could go, but it's just not going to happen. Oh well.

21. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    CIV would just be too expensive. The hotel costs were outrageous. Plus if it was like CIII, a lot of the stuff was a repeat of what was at CII. The new stuff that was there hade to do with ROTS. I was afraid that might happen again, especilly with no new movie to promote.

With a lot of the props and models being on tour with the traveling Sscience exhibit that was up in Columbus last year and in Chicago this fall, there would be very little to intrest me out there, unless all of a sudden Harrison Ford, Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson, and Ewan McGreggor does a signning session, which is highly unlikely.

I figure, wait for about 6 months and the figures should be in a decent range. If you do a search for the CIII Vader now, it goes for close to what you could purchase it at CIII.

22. shivelycore

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm pretty much collectibled out. I think I have everything I want, most of it is in boxes from our move anyways.

23. jedimomchandra

Mar 26, 2005
    Other than the ships spread out all over the basement, most of our collection is still in boxes from when we moved in November. I'm not sure what to do with it all at the moment.

24. jedimomchandra

Mar 26, 2005
    Picked up Mace and Galactic Marine the other day at Target. They also had exclusive two-packs (main character & trooper) at the front check-out lanes.

25. jedimastercheetah

jedimastercheetah Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    Man, it seems everyone's stuff is in boxes! Ours too! I wish we had more room so we could display them. I got russ one of those exclusive two packs from Target, the one with the emperor. And a friend of ours was cleaning out his closet and gave Russ his AT-AT, he was as happy as a school boy! It was still new in the box!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.