main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY ROTS Collector thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Plastic, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimomchandra

jedimomchandra Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    I think that I'm actually burned out on collecting at the moment. I bought so much more this time around; it got to be like an addictive habit. Now that the thrill of the hunt has died down, I'll probably just pick up the ones that I really like when and if I come across them.

2. Darth_Plastic

Darth_Plastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2002
    The Hoth Wave is now hitting the stores. I found the Cliff Clavin, er Major Derlin figure tonight at Target. Still looking for General Veers, Power droid and AT-AT Driver.

3. Ben_Quadrineros

Ben_Quadrineros Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    I saw the Power Droid and General Veers at work today.

4. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Yeah, the only two I'm interested in right now are Major Derlin and General Veers.

Beyond them, I think the only other two this WHOLE year that I care about are the Republic Commando (can't think of his name right now) and Commander Cody.

I plan to have alot more money for other things this year! :D

5. jedimastercheetah

jedimastercheetah Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    The foosball tables are on ebay now.

6. jedimomchandra

Mar 26, 2005
    Did you all check out the R2-D2 Mr. Potato Head? I wonder what other characters they might try to do in the future. [face_thinking] But what I'm really excited about is the Clone Wars (animated) Gunship. That thing is just too cool! [face_laugh] I guess now I'll have to hit ebay and try to get some of the figures to go with it.

7. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    That thing is tooooo coooool! I was tempted to buy a regular one and paint it up like that already. If you notice on the box for it, they have at least one new animated clone trooper pictured, so I have a feeling they'll be releasing more of those.

Don't know how easy or hard they'll be to find, but it looks promising.

The R2-D2Tater looks pretty funny, I love the potato head characters. I hope they do a Spud Fett.

8. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    I love the new gunship. They are for pre-order now at amazon.com. I believe it is another TRU exclusive. With shipping it comes close to $60.00. I believe it supposed to be $45.00 in the stores.

R2DTater is cool. I will have to get one of those. I like the little spud Leia that comes with it.

Just when I thought 2006 might be a cheap year in the collectibles department. [face_worried]

9. jedimomchandra

Mar 26, 2005
    Yep! And I thought that I wouldn't be interested in much this year either.

A Spud Fett is a must!

10. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm from Lexington but live in Orlando. I'll be flying into Louisville at the end of the month. If I can get my host to make a couple of stops as I pass through I will. Any suggestions of places in town that I should hit? I've found some decent swag in The Great Escape at times.

Any help would be hot. [ducking to avoid thrown rotten pallies] - Campbell

11. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    As far store with unique collectibles, I would try Comic Book World, The Zone and Toy Crazy. THose are the only other places other than the Great Escape, that I can think on the top of my head.

12. Exar_Kun_The_Lost

Exar_Kun_The_Lost Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2005
    Try "Pulp Heroes" on Eastern Blvd in Clarksville. Right across the river from Louisville.

13. jedimastercheetah

jedimastercheetah Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    I've got to get one of those R2-D2 Mr. Potato Head for Rusty. He didn't like the Vader or the trooper, but he loves R2. Has anyone seen them anywhere yet?

14. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    I believe Thet are not scheduled to hit stores until around May. I'll let you know if I see them.

15. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Thanks Plastic and Kun for the shopping ideas.

Hasbro says the Artoo Potatoo is shipping in April or May.

16. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    Also you can pre-order the R2D2 Mr. Potatoe Head over at shopstarwars.com. I think it was $9.99. It says it will ship in May.

17. jedimomchandra

Mar 26, 2005
    I hit the jackpot in the Wal-Mart clearance aisle today! First, I picked up both of the Clone Wars DVD commerative figure sets. So now I have a good start to having figures to go along with the Gunship when it comes out. Second, I got the Early Bird Package for just $11.00, plus they have extended the deadline to send it all in. I'm a happy girl! :D

18. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Ah, I was wondering if they'd ever discount those early bird packages.

19. lostinryloth

lostinryloth Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2005
    Picked up the entire wave 3 set at Target in Lexington, off Man O War and I75 today. They also had the uta clone # 26. I guess he was aslo included in the cases. I cannot believe people are paying up to and over $30.00 for the Scorch commando on ebay.

20. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    I figured the commando and the Utapaun clone would be the two tough ones to find out of wave 3. There is only 4 figures I want out of this wave. The command, clone, Weequay jedi and Poggle the Leeser.

21. MasterJediTiger

MasterJediTiger Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    has anyone seen an Anakin transformer. I had one in my hand and put it back- then I went and got ob1 later on and now I am looking for ani.

How typical.

22. Darth_Plastic

Sep 21, 2002
    I haven't seen wave 2 yet. I know the Ani is in wave 2. I guess they are just now hitting the stores now. I will keep an eye out.

23. jedimomchandra

Mar 26, 2005
    I haven't seen much of anything in stores, but I haven't really been looking either.

24. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    I'm seeing the first wave of Star Wars Transformers pretty often now, but very few figures. The only figs I seem to be seeing are Bib Fortuna, Carbonite Han, Derlin, and Veers. And usually only one or two!

25. Ben_Quadrineros

Ben_Quadrineros Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    I've started seeing the Geonosis wave roll out this past week. I've seen the clone trooper, Scorch, Poggle the Lesser, Sun Fac, and Yoda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.