main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RotS Debate/Discussion (**spoilerific**)

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Dex1138, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Some things I've picked up from the Visual Guide & the novel so far...

I just started the novel. The prelude chapter pretty much shows how the average citizen views things. We all know Palpy is evil, but the public at large loves him! They think he is the greatest and the war would have been lost without his guidance. He also has some of the Senate in his pocket, so it's easy to see why not many people were resisting him in the beginning.

Obi & Ani are heroes of the galaxy, all over the HoloNet thru the war. All the cool kids want to be them.

The story on the HoloNet is that Senator Amidala was killed by the Jedi when they attempted to overthrow the Chancellor. If you notice, in her funeral procession, she still appears pregnant. Likely to convince everyone the baby died with her.

Vader will never use Force Lightning due to his mechanical arms.

And now a question or two for debate:
    * Doesn't Coruscant seem awfully calm for a planet that just had a major space battle take place over it? Once Dooku was killed did all the Sep ships just leave the planet? Labyrinth of Evil shows Palpy's abduction and describes there being lots of collateral damage from Sep and Republic fighters engaging within the city, but we never see anything like this. Looks like just another day on Coruscant. The novel does mention people watching the war in orbit out their windows.
    Also, Clone Wars shows lots of city damage. But it doesn't jive with the continuity of Labyrinth as far as how Palpy was abducted so who knows ;)

* Conceivably, Windu could have survived. Yeah, Moby, I know he didn't. But for arguement's sake, we know he's capable of Force feats and we don't see a body. All I'm sayin is it's possible.

* If you're going to kill someone because they are a threat to the very galaxy, freakin DO IT! Don't talk about it, don't discuss it. You can justify it afterwards.

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    More novel stuff:
    The Sep fleet jumps away once Grievous makes it to his escape ship.

Anakin's call sign during the Battle of Coruscant?
    Red Five ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.