main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS DVD Anniversary

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Kassy, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Hard to believe that it's a year ago today that ROTS was released on DVD and a number of us queued outside HMV in Oxford Street to see Anthony Daniels and be the first to get our hands on the DVD.
    Was a fun day meeting with Darkshredi (Charlie), Richie, Matt (Lord Tice) of course, Jedi Jimbo, even Raj and Serj were there!!! Of course we were entertained by the mad autograph collector from Scarborough and his wig! One of us was even sad enough to be first in the queue also!!! [face_blush] Do you all remember the goodie bag of posters, T-Shirt and Darth Vader Mask etc. ? Does anyone have any pictures of the 500 odd Darth Vader mask wearing fans at the event?

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/The_Day_of_Darkness/?action=view&current=hmv_vaders.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch8

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/The_Day_of_Darkness/?action=view&current=hmv_group.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch9

Also, check out :-

http://boards.theforce.net/london_uk/b10419/22092410/p1/?80

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I never managed to get hold of a press photo of all the Vader masks sadly, just our personal ones:
    [image=http://london.ff-uk.org.uk/london/hmv_vaders.jpg]

Was a good day and I remember it well, especially Mr.Scarbourgh and his friend, lol.

3. DARKSHREDI

DARKSHREDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2001
    Ah memories. I fear it wasn't a wig though Steve ; )

4. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    I believe that it may have been a Shredded Wheat actually!!!! After Charlie saw Mr Scarborough at MI III in Leicester Square, I forgot to mention that I saw his friend at Wimbledon on Ladies final day (although he only came in for free as we were all leaving at about 8pm!!! he recognised me, but I managed to escape without harm!

Good to hear from you Charlie (P.S.have not forgotten your DVD :) )

Hey Matt, surely with all your influence and contacts you could track down the press photos of all the Darth Vader masks?!!!

5. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    And the photo of the shredded wheat one, hahaha.
    The public must be warned of such a threat such as he.

6. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    No camera was insured against his image Koren, however I do have some video somewhere of the event and I could always do a screen grab for a laugh! [face_thinking]

He was a danger to himself and others - however it is an important point you make and the Public must be warned ;)

7. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Queuing up for the release of ROTS? Hah, I spent hours in the cold and wet to get my hands on...The Phantom Menace video... Oh the shame! The shame!

8. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    And I was on my own...:_|

9. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Nothing wrong with TPM, the shops were all open at Midnight to sell it here and lots of people were about and got a free Darth Maul poster from Virgin also [face_peace]

ROTS dvd launch was cool though, shame Koren and Matt couldn't make it

I wonder if it will be Serj's last public appearance?!!!

10. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I orderd mine online and got it early...

muahaha

11. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Where's the fun in that Ellbobin?!!!

Besides, we all had the DVD internal rip release on the 19th May anyway!!!

12. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Kassy! I'm back .... again :p The DVD release was great - I remember the incredulous look on my contract law tutor's face when I walked in late with a Darth Vader mask!

13. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    always good to see that Raj is back on the scene.

I expect that your tutor was only jealous and I am surprised that he didn't confiscate the Vader mask for himself :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.