main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq ROTS DVD Events

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Jon posted this earlier:

2. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    I know for midnight we're doing the coors and montano Hastings but I think during the day is wide open... gecko bob?...

-lor

3. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Actually, the Hastings that Jen works at is the one up on Rio Rancho near Intel. I still need to contact the manager there.

The day is free and we haven't worked anything out with anyone else, so Toys R Us might be good. I know you guys got good response at the last TRU event...

4. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I talked with Jason at the Walmart on Eubank last night and he said the Managers would be interested to have us come by again on Tuesday the 1st.

5. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    ROUND 2. Let's Get it on!

6. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
  7. Lorithavon

Feb 10, 2003
    so why are we moving hastings? we got such a good response from the westside hastings the last time... I kinda' helped set up the last DVD release there and they actually wanted us to go to their wyoming and montgomery store as well... but we didn't have enough people with costumes to split up... now we do...

again just wondering...

-lor

8. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    The Gal who was the contact there is no longer at that store....I would prefer to stay at that one as well...I have the District Managers card at home...I will call him....

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Darth_Jen was the one who asked me about the DVD event at the Hastings she works at which is the one in Rio Rancho. We haven't obligated ourselves to any Hastings yet, or anywhere else for that matter, so it's still up in the air.

And no offense, but I don't think we had a great response (an ok response, but not a great one) at the Hastings at Coors and Montano, but then again, we didn't have quite the numbers we do now and there wasn't any advertising for it. If the store(s) we go to advertise us being there, then, yeah, I expect the numbers to be better.

10. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    We will have fun no matter where we end up!

11. Lorithavon

Feb 10, 2003
    I agree gecko... that is how you build up a good reputation, by standing by the people that helped you out in the beginning...

-lor

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I completely agree with both of you. And for that reason, I think we oughta stick by who you suggested, Lor. Hastings at Montano/Coors. Perhaps we can work something out with them to make it a bit more fun. Get some advertising done. Something?

13. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    hum.. gonna be rude here (not like i am gonna loose anything for it) but as someone who is usually only observing - you guys need to mingle more and not stand together in a group as much if you want more of a response. there was some mingling at the last dvd event but most of the time it was just standing in a gorup BSing... course then some people showed up not until right before it ended so that doesn't help either.

and if you have enough people in costume then you could possibly do 2 of the hastings the same night. You don't need huge numbers but maybe 2 - 4 people at one and 2 - 4 people at another...

14. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    :_| It is hard to let go of the umbilical cord....someone hold me now! :_|

15. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    [:D] It's OK Jess...I'm sure Yvonne will cuddle you after work.

16. Lorithavon

Feb 10, 2003
    varza is right we need to get out to the people and ask them for ID or if your dressed as rebel scum maybe hid among them so the imperials can't find you...

and it'll be ok gecko you all growed up now... your a big sandtrooper now...

-lor

17. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    I agree with the Lor and Varsa. At the Last DvD event we did just stand around and wait for the DvDs to go on sale. But with the numbers that we have now... especially all the armor... Getting to interact with the customers will be a lot more easier this time around. We did farly well at the EP:3 release and impressed almost everyone there (Execpt that one guy that got into an argument with pretty much the entire group) And this DvD release aswell as Bubonicon will give us plenty of expirence for those who haven't really trooped that much (me included) so future events will be that much more memorable!

18. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I would like to participate in these if I could, but I really can't. So I have already reserved my copy at the Hastings in Los Lunas, and will try to be there at midnight.

19. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I probably won't be able to go if it is at Coors/Montano (yea, I am whining about how far it is). Plus it is on a Monday/Tuesday night and my kids would be dragging if I had them out late and then have an almost hour drive home.

20. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    good thing they do an event during the day as well - and I think the toys r us would be awesome, you cold walk there!

I am not gonna go in costume, I am going to wear my absolute sith t-shirt

21. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Ooh, that's right I forgot about the TRU thing. Lily is dying to wear her ANH Leia deal. I got her hair extensions so her buns will be big enough and everything.

22. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003

Where in the heck do you live? The hastings is the one that we met at one day for a DVD exchange! Remember? 8-}

23. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    lets just say she walked to the winrock theater for opening night... in fuzzy slippers!

24. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I know, but my family was out of town that week. I live a block from Winrock.

25. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    I'm in...just say where and when

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.