So NM ROTS DVD Release

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Norvon, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Greetings All,
    I haven't seen anything on here concerning the ROTS DVD release or the new toys being released by Burger King. So, I thought I would start a new thread to discuss these two topics. Are we going to try to have two or more groups, for the DVD release? If we are going to have one here in Alamogordo; where would we like to meet at? I think we discussed gathering at Hastings in Alamogordo. That would probably be the best place to do it. Let me know what you think. I wouldn't mind contacting Hastings and setting something up. We could go down there in costumes and spread the word about our group. Being in more than one place would increase our chances of meeting more people and getting our group some exposure. Just an idea.
    As far as Burger King goes; the new toys are being released on 7 Nov. Are we going to try to set something up at BK? Since it is on a Monday, it might be difficult to all meet in one place. What does everyone think we should do? Just putting this out there. It would be cool to go down there in costumes and hang out meeting people and spreading the word about our group.
    I hope I am not out of line starting these discussions. Have a good day and weekend.

Everett
  2. mandy_djo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't worry about starting this discussion. It's in no way 'out of line'. We're all friends here. :)

As for the DVD release, I haven't really given it much thought since the meeting on Sunday, but I did realize something else. The night it's released at midnight is also the night of Halloween! So it works out perfectly for costuming purposes! Anyways, you have a good weekend too!
  3. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am totally up for some midnight release fun here in Alamo. The only thing is I already preordered from Hastings. It is not a big deal if we change our minds and go to Wally World but I will disappear for fifteen minutes to go grab my copy real quick. As for costumes, the wife is getting together a far from official Vader costume for Halloween that I am sure she will just stay in for the release. I on the other hand am without right now. I am looking into creating my own little Sith character for Halloween that can also continue on for the release. Just let me know what I can do to help with it all. I have already told my work I need off on the 1st so I should be in no hurry to get home that evening.
  4. SWJaggy Jedi Master

star 4
    You know, I hadn't even thought of that! Nice catch. I have nothing to worry about as I pre-ordered my widescreen copy in August! Anything for the love of Star Wars right]-}
  5. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I was thinking that Alamogordo Hastings would be the best place. We can always hit Walmart after we hang out at Hastings. You know, spread the word. Let me know if you would like me to contact both places or what.
    If someone can email me one of Outer Rims' fliers; I will make some copies to hand out.
    I just picked up a Jedi costume from ebay. I got it at a great price too.

Everett
  6. Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Master

star 1
    I am going to pre-order ROTS at Hasting's. I havent' done that yet, but I will. I was thinking, does anyone know where I can buy the second season of Clone Wars? I looked at Wal-Mart, but it wasn't there. I have the first season. Anyway, back to SW and the ROTS DVD release. I'd be up for doing costumes or whatever. I'm down for that.
  7. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I don't think Clone Wars Vol. 2 is out until Dec. I thought I heard it was already out, but not yet. I don't know if I will reserve a cope of ROTS at Hastings or not. I usually get mine at the base.
  8. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright I was thinking about this all yesterday night. I think we should set up a table maybe with some of our more prized collector pieces. Then we should do like a trivia contest with some kind of small Star Wars prize. Now I don't know if you all might what to have a raffle as well. For that I think we should maybe get something a little more expensive but we can also charge like fifty cents or a dollar per raffle ticket for that. I do have the Luke collector Hamilton plate that I wouldn't mind donating towards a raffle. It is far from one of my prized items. To be honest I was given it by a person on ebay after my Slave 1 plate took forever to ship. Now I think if we charge for the raffle tickets that is something else we need to get approved by Hastings to do. But the money can go towards something for the fan force. Just some thoughts, let me know what you all think.
  9. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    That sounds like a good idea. It would kinda tie someone down to a table, but then again, what would we do there anyway. If you didn't really want to part with the plate, I could pick up one of the Titanium Series Ship sets from Walmart. They have several there and they aren't all that expensive. I don't know if hastings would let us do a raffle or not. We need to figure out if we are "for sure" wanting to go there and contact them and see. We would also need to figure out who to donate the money to as well. Let me know what you think.

Everett
  10. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will pick up some figures and other little things if we want to have some contests. As for the plate or the Titanium Series stuff, I am fine either way. Raffling off the plate is just fine by me as long as we do something productive with the money. As for definite word of Hasting, I will say right now that I will definitely be there and am more than happy to help run a table. So as long as somebody is with me, Hastings it is. Just let me know what I can do to help. I have a small card table and chairs that I can bring along if they are needed. I also don't mind making a banner or creating any kind of games or give aways we might want to do.
  11. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hastings sounds good to me. Whatever games or raffles you would like to do is cool. Do you want to contact Hastings management or would you like me to. I will be there in armor and would let you and/or your wife borrow my Jedi costume or Clone trooper armor. Let me know if I need to pick up the ship set. I also have a folding table and a few chairs. I might have a few things to set up at the table too. Anyone else going to be there? Sound off! I think this will be allot of fun. I might need to head over to Walmart to pick up my DVD. They are adding a special DVD with it there. Maybe I will bring my DVD player and we can view it. I might contact Walmart to see if it is okay to show up in my armor. I could hand out a few fliers. I need someone to email one to me so I can make some more. I have my own copy machine. Hope to hear from everyone else to see what you all think.
  12. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I found a set of Clone Trooper armor on ebay, if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7547915161&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thought I would pass it along.
  13. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Here is a Boba Fett set from ebay as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7548177485&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

14. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sounds like we may just have this planned. I will go ahead and get with the manager at Hastings if you haven't already. This way you only have to deal with WalMart. It sucks that they are doing the extra DVD, I already preordered from Hastings. Oh well, hopefully they will have something cool too. As for what we have planned, I will go ahead and see what restrictions Hastings might have and go from there. I don't mind bring my card table along but I warn you all now it isn't very big. So I suggest if somebody has a large one to use that or maybe just bring a second. Also if we want to do a trivia contest, I would prefer to get some questions from everyone. You can just put them up on the boards. Oh and Everett, I appreciate the costume offer. I will check with my wife but I am working on just getting some pieces together for an original sith look for Halloween and will just keep wearing that. That trooper armor you put up went for cheap on Ebay. It is a bummer I was not back in time to try and win it. Thanks all the same though.
  15. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    If you want to contact Hastings manager and I will contact Walmart, that is okay. I have 4'X 8' folding table I can bring too. I should have some display items by then too, i.e. posters and such. I am also working on getting an R2D2 drink cooler. I'll let you know if I get one. I have something for a contest or raffle. If you need trivia questions, I have Star Wars trivia pursuit. Let me know if I can do anything else.
  16. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    I totally forgot about using the questions for the game. So never mind on questions, I have the new version and the old one so I think we should be good there. The two tables also should be enough. I think I am going to bring up some vintage figures and some hard to find ones. Right now I am debating on bring my C3 Vader or not. But I will call Hastings today and see if and what we can do there that night. Did you ever get a flier? I have the older one that I can make copies of if we need them. So is anyone else going to try and join us or what? I hope more can show up.
  17. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Sounds good. I think a raffle would work best. We need to come up with a charity too. I can make some fliers but, need someone to email one to me. Are you willing to part with a C3 Vader? What other figures are you looking to part with? Email me offline and maybe we can talk.
    everettb@gmail.com
    I found a Vader balloon at Lowe's on 10th street. Thought about getting one for the table display. Looks pretty big. Hope others can join us. Is someone thinking about doing something in Cruces that night? Hope to hear from others on this matter.
  18. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well I am not planning on parting with the C3 Vader, just thinking about bringing it to display. The only thing I am really okay with getting rid of is the Luke Hamilton plate. But I am going to go buy some stuff for the raffle and stuff. Right now I think I will probably go pick up four or five figures and maybe some Mpire figures and Attacktics sets. I think that would work.
  19. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I understand. I will bring the series 1 Titanium ship set and maybe some other stuff, for the raffle. I can pick up some raffle tickets from Staples, unless you have some already or another idea. I could always make up some on my computer. Any ideas for a charity? I am going to contact Walmart and see what they say about making an appearance when the DVD is released.
  20. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hello Everyone,
    Here is a link to some ROTS DVD deleted scenes. Enjoy!

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21422

21. SWJaggy Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for posting that Norvon. I saw them and they are great. I kind of wish there had been more interaction with Padme & Anakin or Padme & Obi-wan though but oh well.
  22. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I'm hoping there are more than just what was shown there. Less than a month and we will find out.
  23. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, thank you for the link. I will take care of the raffle tickets for Hastings it is no problem. I was thinking about the whole charity thing this weekend and really thought maybe it would be a good idea to start by funding our fan force a little. That way in the future when we do these types of things we can just take money for the group fund instead of everyone paying out of the pocket. We just have our treasurer open an account just for the group. If anyone doesn't think this is a good idea, just say so. I was also thinking if you do go with a charity that the Red Cross might be the smart choice this time around due to all the work still going on after the hurricanes.
  24. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    That sounds good but, I don't know if we can keep part of the money we raise for ourselves. Does anyone know if we can? I know other clubs that are simular are not allowed to keep any. Most fan clubs are non profit. I don't know if the Fan Force clubs are or not. It would be good to have some money for next time. Just my thoughts here.
    The Red Cross sounds like a good charity. What does everyone else think?
  25. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Charities work than. I didn't know that with earning money but it is understandable.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.