So NM ROTS DVD Release

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Norvon, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Have you contacted Alamogordo Hastings yet? If so, what did they say? I am going to contact Walmart this week to see if it would be okay to show up in costume, when the DVD is released. I have secured a life sized R2D2 drink cooler to bring to Hastings on 31 Oct. That should be pretty cool and help attract attention too. I should also have some other Star Wars related displays to bring along too.
  2. Wook Jedi Master

star 4

"A non-profit organization includes a club, society or association organized and operated solely for social welfare, civic improvement, pleasure or recreation, or for any other purpose except for profit, no part of the income of which is payable to, or is otherwise available for the personal benefit of, any proprietor, member or shareholder."

Many clubs raise their funds thru the use of dues and membership fees etc. It gets a bit sticky if you are soliciting funds from outsiders for your club. MosAlba hasn't started any dues or anything, we rely on whatever people can pitch in etc. to cover expenses. I'm not sure the official stance of FF, but I'd be on the safe side and raise money for charity only.
  3. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Thanks Wook, that is what I was thinking.
  4. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry I forgot to post this the other day. Hastings has no problem with us setting up whatever outside as long as we don't sell anything. So raffle tickets are out of the question but we still can pass out fliers and do little giveaways. They just asked me to call back next week to verify there will be no change to the release date, which we all know wont change but they don't realize that I guess. The other thing they said is that they don't believe there will be much of a turnout for the midnight release and suggested we do it during that day. I say still go with midnight, but I am off all day on the 1st so I good either way.
  5. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Thanks for contacting them. What time do you want to go up there? We can go earlier in the evening, in costume and set up the tables and go later in costumes to get the DVD. I will call Walmart tomorrow and see if it is okay to go up there and get the DVD set at midnight. There might be a better turn out there. I will also ask if I/we can hand out fliers too.
    How do you want to do the give-a-ways? We could take donations or can goods for the Red Cross and give them a ticket for the raffle. That way we aren't selling anything.
    If you want; everyone that goes to Hastings can come over to my house and hang out until midnight. We could watch a movie of play Star Wars Trivia. Let me know how that all sounds.
  6. Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi all, just wanted to ask if I brought my Qui-Gon lighsaber and my cape (it's black so it's more of a Sith cape) if that would count as dressing up, otherwise I got nuthin'!
  7. SWJaggy Jedi Master

star 4
    For Halloween I was going to dress up as FBI special unit (MIB) but instead I've decided to dress up as a SW character. I figure it's only right since the ROTS comes out at midnight. I'm going to hopefully dress up as Leia from ROTJ when she is in that cool military style vest when she is down on Endor and everyone see's the Death Star being destroyed. Bad part is I can only wear it for half the day as I have clinical rotations in the morning.
  8. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's costume enough if you ask me LJ. You don't even necessarly have to be in a costume if you don't want too. As for the everything else I really am good for whatever. I don't think the raffle thing will work anymore unless we set up shop at WalMart. For give-aways I still just say have some Star Wars questions and the people that answer them correctly get the prize. But now I am not sure where we want to be and when we want to be there. As for going to your place Everett, I know I am down with that once trick or treating is done on base. I have big plans to scary little kids and give them candy this year.
  9. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    LJ,
    That will work for a costume. I also have a spare Jedi costume you can borrow, if you like. It has a robe, tunic, pants and belt. It might be a little big for you but, part of it might work. Hope you can make it up to Hastings.
  10. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I don't know how to do a give-a-way. What time do you want to go up to Hastings? I want to head over to Walmart around midnight to get one of the special DVD sets. I checked them out on thier web site and they will cost $20.96 or close to it. The DVD alone will be $15.96. I will try to call the manager of Walmart tomorrow and see what he/she says.
    We can decide what time to be at my house once we decide on everything else.
  11. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    So we want to still go at midnight to Hastings? If so I would like to be at Hastings by eleven. As for the give-away stuff, I have it all covered.
  12. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Do you only want to go up there at 11pm or do you want to go up there earlier too? I haven't been able to get ahold of the Walmart manager. I will try again tomorrow.
  13. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think eleven is good. I will call them again tomorrow just to double check that everything is still going to be good for them.
  14. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Okay. I will see you tomorrow and we can talk more about it.
  15. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I talked with the manager from the Alamogordo Walmart and he said we could come up there in costumes but, couldn't hand out any flyers. I still want to go up in my Stormtrooper armor, just for the wow factor. Might change my mind later though. Let me know your thoughts.
  16. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Works for me, that way you can also get your copy of the dvd that night too.
  17. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Okay then. What time would you like to come over to my house on the 31st? I was thinking around 7pm or whatever you would like. We can leave from here to go to Hastings at say around 10:45pm to get set up. I have a few displays to bring with me now. Let me know what you think.
  18. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    If 7 is good for you, it works for us. Just PM me directions and I will be there. And LJ do you need a ride that night? Just let me know, I don't mind swinging in to pick you up.
  19. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Okay, 7 it is then. I will PM you the directions.
  20. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cool, I will be waiting. Question for you though. I plan on doing some painting of my face and rather than sit around your place for a while with it on, would it be alright to do it there before we head out to Hastings?
  21. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    That will be alright.
  22. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cool, thanks. I promise I wont make a mess. Mostly I just need a mirror and a place to wash my hands. It should be cool, I bought red and black face paint so I can do a Darth Maul inspired look.
  23. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    That's cool. No problem.
  24. Norvon ORFF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hastings is having a costume contest on Halloween night at 11:30. That should draw a crowd. Hope so anyway. I am working on the fliers and adding our web site. If someone has an electronic version they could send me; that would be great. It will save me some time.
  25. NM_Mandalorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    They didn't mention that to me. I am going to call them again tomorrow and double check that we can still be up there.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.