main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson ROTS DVD Thoughts

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I was having some thoughts about the deleted scenes.. and figured a thread on it could not hurt anyone... Figure this is a good way to start.. it will either cause a lot of thought provoking chatter.. or a riot .. either way.. can't be bad for the group

[face_thinking]

anyone other than me think the Shaak Ti scene was lame?

Anyone other than me wish the Yoda scene was longer?

Liked the missing Padme' scenes brought back.. still think not enough of Padme though.. and still disgruntled at the way her character was treated.. and felt that should have been dealt with more.

The scene with Mace .. I have to go back over that one... rather confusing.

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I agree on all you proint, the MAce scene was included (in dialog) elseware.

Anyone else notice that when putting Vader in the iron lung they didn't fix the fact that he didn't have the neck brace on but next shot he did and the helmet was being lowered onto him?

I still wanted more shots of Order 66

3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I miss a lot on the props aspects of scenes.. but I am getting ready to watch the movie in the next hour.. so I will pay close attention.. I have not actually watched the DVD movie yet.. only the deleted scenes. I am watching the whole movie this evening.. anyone wants to join me you still have time [face_idea] You know me.. always wanting company!

4. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    YOU ARE AN EVIL LITTLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the Shak scene...I did think it was lame. I mean she was captured...(doing what?) Did she attempt to free Palpatine herself? Pride took her down if that was the case...and you know where Pride leads... [face_skull]

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    well if pride leads to the dark side.. we are all in trouble eventually..

oops.. my cell phone is ringing... have to go get that..

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    just watched the movie with the audio commentary.. can not believe with all the references to all the other five movies that were made.. no one dared attempt to explain how Leia remembers Padme' since Padme' is supposed to have died... I'll not get started.. but this is my one dark spot on an otherwise wonderful three decades.. I even loved all the acting.. even enjoyed Jar Jar.. no complaints.. other than the shabby treatment of the deaths of the Jedi.. and the even more shabby treatment of Padme' in the end

7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I don't know if any of you noticed this.. but the twin suns.. two suns.. was mentioned more than once in the audio commentary as such an iconic part of the series.. I mean of course we already knew this.. but it just makes our name that much more a part of the whole Star Wars Universe. We picked wisely and joyfully [face_dancing] :cool:

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. watched again last night.. still having issues with some of it.. and yet.. love the movie.. and have silent tears through a lot of it.. though still not as much crying as on ROTJ.

waiting for the rest of you to check in with your thoughts

9. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yea, the Ewolks made me cry also, I hate them little fuzzy things

:p

10. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Okay, let me steel myself before you guys start hurling things at me...

I have YET to buy the DVD.

*ducks flying objects*

I have no excuse, I just haven't done it. Probably tonight, though.

BUT! I have seen most of the deleted scenes. I'll comment on those that I have seen:

1. Yoda - HILARIOUS. We all knew Yoda could do some wild stuff after we saw him flipping, jumping, twirling likc Jackie Chan on speed, but who knew Yoda could get jiggy wid it? It took me two viewings to realize that he was also "singing" the song. Which, in its own way, is rather ... creeeeeeeeepy. I thought it would've been cooler to see some of the clones start break-dancing or something. Or at least the robot. That would've been good.

2. Shaak Ti - ummm... CRAP. It was lame. At first, the whole Anakin/Obi-Wan baseball signal-style communication was humorous, but then I realized that George Lucas was trying too hard to make that bit funny. Which it shouldn't have been. I mean, here they are, boarding Grievous' flagship, trying to rescue the Chancellor, and I'm just waiting for one of them to motion to steal second base. Isn't there supposed to be some "bond" between a Padawan and his Master? Even if Anakin is no longer a Padawan, both Jedi have been with each other for so long, they OUGHT to be able to communicate by thought, or just plain intuitive sense. And then Shaak Ti's line. I've seen a log of bologna deliver lines with more emotion. From the reports that Lucas' favorite direction is "Faster, More Intense", he must be at a loss for words when it comes to the slower, less intense scenes. Then again, perhaps the actress had a hard time doing what she had to be doing within the confines of her costume. From every Shaak Ti costumer I've seen (still haven't seen any pics, Cathie!) then I understand. Too bad the effects for the escape into the fuel tanks wasn't completed. The animatics were too ... well, animatic.

3. The Beginning of the Rebellion - I wished that could've been reincorporated into the film. It was GREAT to see Mon Mothma be more than set dressing. Organa got more speaking parts, which is always good. But it's good to see the beginnings. However, I do understand it being cut - you don't see anything else about the Rebellion in the film, and it just didn't fit.

4. Confronting the Chancellor - again, I thought this was good, I'm glad to see Padme's Peacock dress put to use, and it was nice to see Palpatine get a bit ... impatient ... with the Committee. However, again, it didn't fit with the flow of the rest of the movie.

5. Yoda's Exile - this would've fit in the finished movie. More of a nod to the OT, wasn't 100% necessary for the film, but then again, neither was Chewbacca. But it was still great to see Chewbacca, just as it would've been great to see Dagobah.

That's all I've actually seen. But like I said, I hope to pick it up tonight and see all of them (and some of them, again).

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    wow!! great input for not having purchased your copy yet. and yes.. I have to agree with all you say.. minus the fact I do think putting the rebellion scenes in could have helped the movie along.

I have yet to see Yoda do the jig.. no sense in how to make the darn easter eggs work.. I try and try.. and no success.. I'm still waiting to see bloopers from the other films. no luck with those easter eggs either.

I have definite issues with obi wan and anakin not knowing what the other was thinking.. in the movie even.. obi wan nearly cuts anakin down in the elevator.. that close to his former padawan and he did not know it was anakin climbing into the elevator with him.. definitely issues for the link they were supposed to share.

12. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I think the same thing every time I see that part. Also, Obi not feeling that his Padawan is in Dark Danger...I mean, Master Yoda felt it, and so did Mace..but then again...they are Senior Members.

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    but you think that Obi Wan could sense something like that.. or perhaps he did sense it and just did not want to admit it.. perhaps the dark side was clouding his mind to it specifically.

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    One thing I didn't like (even in the book) was I wanted Obi-Won and Anakin/Vader to talk more during the fight, I wanted some dialog, not just fighting, maybe have each of them try to explain their point of view and what they expected or something, I don't know, I just felt it was lacking

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I agree.. I could definitely have used more dialogue with one attempting to convince the other..

16. Jamesmorbidia

Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    OK where can I find the secret easter eggs? Help a brother out!

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    help you I would.. if I knew the secrets.. but do not do I

18. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Well, the Clone Wars cartoons has Shaak Ti with a group of four (I think) others who are protecting the chancellor, the other Jedi are killed and Grievous takes Palpy and leaves Shaak Ti bound up in...I don't know what it was...so I was more confused by that scene than anything else.

I too wish the beginning of the rebellion had been included, although the scene in the chancellor's office Padme looked like a bell and so I am glad it was not included.

My absolute favorite deleted scene? --Obi-Wan and Anakin doing baseball signals!

Anakin's runs a finger over his eyebrow
    Obi-Wan: Oh, good idea.
    They cut through the floor

[face_laugh]

Oh and the easter egg--options menu, highlight the THX icon and enter 1138. Or on a computer DVD player (I do this in Windows Media Player) Title Three under chapter 8 I think is how I found it or something like that.

19. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    The Anakin/Obiwan baseball signal thing was tantamont to George playing "Whose on first?"

20. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    Please, Lady Jada!! You are refering to what is, in my opinion, the greatest comedy routine of all time! Remember, Abbott and Costello were INTENTIONALLY funny!

21. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    So, I got my DVD over the weekend. I was thoroughly dissappointed in the Deleted Scenes. First of all, not enough. Secondly, three of them didn't even make sense. The ones about the formation of the Rebellion should not have been cut. They were what, a grand total of four extra minutes to the movie, should have been in. The scene with Yoda landing on Dagobah, very important, and about thirty seconds long, could have been in there. The others, did not make sense in the context of the movie. Based on the costumes and scenery, I can't even place them in the film. The Shaak Ti scene was weird because Obi-wan and Anakin have their first meeting of Grievous on the bridge. (Though the signals thing was kinda cute, yeah I said it, cute). The scene with Padme in Palpatine's office made no sense, Anakin went there to tell Palpatine about Obi-wan on Utapau, not to witness a meeting with his wife. The others are just as bad. I wuld have enjoyed seeing more fighting or even more about the formation of the Rebellion, but no we had to get junk deleted scenes. That's about as far as I've watched because I just got it and don't want to be spending the next week watching one movie.

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    yes... I agree with the confusion of the first deleted scene in context with the rest of the movie.. made sense to delete this scene.. but the other deleted scenes I felt should have been put into the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.