main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS DVD

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Stuey, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    Anyone know of any shops in the Cardiff area doing a midnight opening for this?

if so anyone fancy a meet-up?

If they're doing it i'd like to go to WH Smiths cos they always give you free mugs and you can't knock that

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Blast!

Unfortunatly I shall be away that weekend at a Halloween/Birthday party in Bedford.

It's a shame as this would have been the perfect opportunity to arrange a meet.

But by all means, it should still go ahead, even if your glorious and beloved overlord isn't there to keep things in check.

P.S. If there is a free mug going, get me one!

3. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Just realised that ROTS is being released on a Monday, so I will be back then, so a meet is still a possibility.

Anyone still interested?

4. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
  5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Good Good!

Stuey? Are you there?

You still up for this?

Sakara? This sounds like the kind of thing you might find fun. You interested?

Maybe we could meet up earlier and have a pizza or something, then hang out till the midnight release.

Provided that is that they are doing a midnight release in one of the stores in Cardiff.

6. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    that is one thing we need to find out

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I'll just go and have a check on a website or two.

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Nope, couldn't find anything. Guess we'll have to phone them up and ask directly. Or if someone on this forum works or lives in Cardiff, then maybe they could pop in.

9. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    HMV cardiff will be doing a special opeing sunday 6 November. I know this cos they were asking for costumed people

10. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    would love to go but got no way of getting there plus i wish i had a costume for it as well makes me want to get a job in kfc

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Are you sure that's the right date?

It seems a littel odd to be doing a special opening a week after the movie comes out?

12. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    I'm still up for this, is it the 31st October or 1st November?

i'll go have a scout around the city centre tomorrow and see if any shops have any info

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Good work Master Stuey. Go and flush out this Bounty Hunter and get the information you need.

You have the Welsh Councils bidding to use whatever force is necessary.

Report back your findings so we can sort something out.

14. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    No signs or info anywhere in town, i asked in HMV and he said that they wouldn't know until nearer the time if they would do midnight because of the laws involved but he expected they would. it's also £18.99 in there, i think it's RRP is £25 or something silly

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok then, I guess the only thing we can do is keep an eye out and keep checking.

But it does sound as though this could be a possible meet!

Only the second in the history of the Welsh Chapter. Ahhhh, what a grand day it would be.

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Any further news on this?

17. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    Ummm... i'm going in town tomorrow, i'll have a look

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Sweet

[face_dancing]

Look forward to hearing your report.

19. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    anything i can do to help dear

20. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    You wanted a report and i'm really bored/trying to avoid work so here you go

*****FOR GEEK EYES ONLY*****

Field Report From Agent Red Sheep, Operation: Sith hits the fan

14:00 Hours: I depart the saftey of my quiet suburb of Roath to enter the dangerous chav-infested waste-ground of Cardiff City Centre on a Saturday afternoon

14:30: after brief surveillance I identify my first target, the lawless complex of Virgin Megastore. I thought I must strike quickly else i shall fall prey to it's 3 DVDs for £20 offers which at first seem a bargain but you always end up with something you don't really want or need. After failing to track down any documents pertaining to the release I cornered a member of staff and after the limited use of force managed to discover that he didn't believe there would be any such midnight opening. After recovering from his indignant stare that anyone would be so geeky as to get up in the middle of the night for a DVD I left for my next target.
    Virgin Verdict: No opening

14:40: In it's new premises exactly two doors down from where it used to be HMV has become a massive hive of scum and chavery. With a queue longer than the ones for Jeremy Bulloch at a small, local convention and no advertising I decided to abandon the mission for HMV. I did however notice they're selling Darth Taters

14:50: After a wise suggestion by Agent Stuey's Girlfriend we decided to check WH Smiths which was plagued by an army of parent's with pushchairs, we broke through only to find a mediocre DVD section and also no news of the upcoming momentous release/Welsh FF meet-up

At this point I abandoned my post and went AWOL to get some cheap jeans from Primark (£4, very nice) and then went home and had sausage and mash for tea

In summary nowhere appears to be doing anything but i'll have another look in the week when it's quieter and you can actually move around shops and find members of staff, apologise for the stupid post but i'm afraid i'm a stupid person

21. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    dunno why HMV are doing those promos those dats but they asked for some UKG people to be there for those dates...
    The Mall, Bristol............Saturday, 5 November
    Broadmead, Bristol........Saturday, 29 October
    Cardiff..........................Sunday, 6 Novemeber
    Swansea.......................Saturday, 5 November (preferably)
    Yeovil...........................Mon. 31 Oct to Weds. 9 Nov (anyday)
    The Oracle, Reading.......Saturday, 5 November

These are promos for the dvd as itll already have been released.

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Nice information gathering there guys! You do us proud.

If no store is having a midnight opening, then it might be a good idea to attend the HMV event on 6th November so we can get some pics of us with some stormies.

Ok, that sounds like a plan. If we can get to a midnight opening then we will, but if there isn't one we'll meet a week later at the UKG event.

Sorted.

By the way, don't you just hate it when parents take prams into shops!

They completely block the isles, get in everyones way and keep on running over people!

For god sake, leave the bloody thing at home if your going to go shopping!

23. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, there's only a week to go now. So has anyone had any updates on any midnight openings that may be happening?

24. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    i don't think so, i had a quick scoot around today and it didn't seem like it, such a shame :(

25. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well if they're not doing the midnight opening for the DVD, then we'll have to go the following week when they're doing the UK Garrison thing.

That ok with everyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.