main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS Easter Eggs - at the OS!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    OSB - there is literally a kitchen sink when the Republic Cruiser fires the blue laser along side the Federation ship.

The Wilhelm - when an exploding space cannon throws a Clonetrooper.

There's some interesting ones, including the Millennium Falcon.

Check it out here: SW.com

2. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    heh heh talk about simultaneous posts!! anyway I did catch GL and the falcon

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Heh heh.

I noticed the Wilhelm, George Lucas, Rob Coleman et al (but not Pablo Hidalgo).

Haven't had time to notice the background figures really. Didn't think too many of these were "Easter Eggs", more like great background detail. [face_thinking]

4. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    I can't believe I missed the Star Destroyer. Wow. Gives a good sense of scale there.

5. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    The scale seems off to me. How do those Star Destroyers compare to the OT ones? Are they much smaller? I'd hate to think that the Trade Federation battleships dwarf an Imperial Star Destroyer in size.

6. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I noticed the Wilhelm, Jeremy Bulloch, the impaled Clonetrooper (the theater cheered when Yoda did that), and I noticed Bene & Cin Drallig.

I was looking for the Falcon, but I missed it. :(

7. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    The early Republic Star Destroyers are a bit smaller than the Imperial Star Destroyers. The Databank has the "attack cruisers" at 1,137 meters long and the ISDs are 1,600 meters long. Seems like there should be more difference, though. Trade Federation Droid Control Ships are 3,170 meters diameter. You're right, that does seem weird. At least we know that's nowhere near the size of a 12,800 meter Super Star Destroyer, or the Death Star at 120,000 meters in diameter.

Woah, the second Death Star was much bigger than the first! 160 km instead of 120. Never noticed that before. I should poke around the Databank more often.

8. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Wow. The TF ships are 2 times the size of a Star Destroyer. I really don't like that at all.

9. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    At least we know that's nowhere near the size of a 12,800 meter Super Star Destroyer, or the Death Star at 120,000 meters in diameter.

Woah, the second Death Star was much bigger than the first! 160 km instead of 120. Never noticed that before. I should poke around the Databank more often.

FYI, those numbers are wrong, and haven't been corrected in the Databank yet. By using the movies, better measurements have been found, and the most recent EU sources have those fixed measurements.

Executor - 17.6-19.2 km (the larger figure seems to be the one in use)
    Death Star I - 160 km
    Death Star II - 900 km; so not just a little bigger, but absolutely enormous

10. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    That means that Lando and Wedge would have to have flown through 450 km of those pipes and tunnels with TIE Fighters chasing them, and then another 450 km back out with the explosion behind them!

11. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Interesting that Vos was explained, especially since his likeness got a cameo in TPM.

12. gbonkers

gbonkers Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2004
    In the original screenplay, he has a little bigger part....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.