main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS Film Question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by swiftyboy2002, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swiftyboy2002

swiftyboy2002 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Just watched the film last night and i had a question. Maybe its something i missed but hey.

In the first 2 films when you see Sidious in the holograms hes got that whole ugly looking thing going on, but when he is Palpatine he looks normal. Then after the fight with Windu he gos all ugly again. Am i missing something here? Can he just choose how he looks or something?

Am i totally blind to something?

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Try the official ROTS thread here. It has all sorts of dastardly info.

3. gemking

gemking Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    In the EU, Luke is always changing his appearance to disguise himself by drawing on the force. Perhaps Sidious was doing the same to protect his identity until he was ready to reveal it.

TMaking himself look ugly probably helps to instill fear into his subjects!!

4. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Sidious always looks human. Perhaps teh shadows on his face and the hood make it seem like he's not, but his features are always the same until they get altered in RotS.

5. Darth_Roadkill

Darth_Roadkill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    G-Level(George Lucas from the source) canon states that Sidious's "True Face" was revealed. Personally I think "True Face" is a metaphor for the darkness in his soul. Revealed when he let fly the full "Unlimited Power" of the Dark side to save his life and stall Mace until Anakin arrived. He just didnt plan on having all that energy redirected back at him for a bit.

Some argue that Luke did it so why could Sidious do it?

Luke used the force to make people around him ignore him or see someone else when they looked at him, he didnt actually change his appearance. If someone took a holo of him, it would show his real appearance.

However if Sidious really does know how to manipulate midichlorians, it is possible he gave himself a "Force Facelift" to hide the "LITTLE" disfigurement he had gotten from using the Dark Side over the years. But I believe he was not nearly as ugly as after that fight until he let the dark side flow through him so violently.

Of course G-level canon worshippers will tell you that his "True Face" was just that, and he hid it and finally he didnt have to hide it anymore. That is way to simple an explanation for my taste, but it works I suppose.

DRK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.