main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RoTS Finally on Terrestrial TV?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Just a shame Hayden being a poor actor couldn't convey Lucas' great vision properly.
    Then again, the scripting was pretty dodgy so it wasn't entirely the fault of the actors.

2. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Most of the acting in Hollywood's golden age is of a pretty poor standard. Goes to show that great acting/dialogue does not necessaryly make a great film :)

3. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    What makes you think it was his acting rather than Lucas' dialogue?

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It was both. That is why credible actors like Portman & Neeson & McGregor seemed so uneasy with the lines they had as well as the characters in general.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, after a week off due to football, ITV1 resumes showing the SW Saga. First up is ANH, next Saturday from 4:25 pm - 7:00 pm, with the obligatory news break from 5:45 - 6:00 pm.

6. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    Have ITV ever shown the DVD version of the OT? I noticed they played the DVD version of The Phantom Menace ...

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I wasn't aware the DVD Prequel movies had anything added to them compared to the cinema versions. I know they had deleted scenes but they aren't included as part of the film itself.

The OT Special Editions will likely stand as the cinema versions, DVDs are altered a lot and rarely shown in cinema that way.

8. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    I noticed it was the DVD version of Episode I, with the extended podrace and Anakin's look towards Qui-Gon just as they land on Coruscant after Qui-Gon says "The situations has become far more complicated".

I suppose there's A DVD version of episode II, aswell; the extended scene when Anakin admits to killing to Tuskens and Padme's 'Uh-huh' when asked if she's okay after falling out of the Clone ship pursuing Dooku.

9. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    Ah, so it is teh DVD versions they are playing

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    On to ESB this coming Saturday. It starts at the slightly later time of 4:35 PM and goes to 7:00 pm with the usual news break.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Anyone else have audio problems in the last 20 minutes of ESB? The music was fine but the dialog was missing in parts..

12. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    Yes, I had the same problem. I think someone at ITV must have pulled out the wrong plug.

Even though the dialogue was very faint or missing, the music still told you essentially what was happening in the story - just goes to show what a great job John Williams did.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - it started around the time Luke was rescued from Bespin. I could see mouths moving but nothing came out. 3PO was funny - I could see the head tilting but there weren't any lines. It was actually kinda comical.

Next week is the final one - ROTJ. Note that the start time is earlier - 3:50 pm. It ends at 6:30pm.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I am always curious why so many publications such as Radio Times always list ROTJ as a 4 star movie compared with ANH & ESB which get 5 star ratings.
    ROTJ has a number of things in it that make it superior certainly to ANH yet it is not viewed as such.

15. Separatist101

Separatist101 Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2010
    I totally agree with you, I'm not sure why it got "12" either.

Some people on here are mentioning Dooku's (Tyrannus') head rolling off his body, but that must be very quick otherwise I would've noticed it.

I mean look at Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. John says both "***k" and "***king machine" once (the words aren't even edited out) and it shows (in full view) the T-X (Terminator woman) sticking her arm through a Police man's stomach and that received a "12" rating. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.