main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG ROTS Full Theatrical Trailer Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JaZzYjaZZ, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    For those who are in the dark, the full theatrical trailer (that means around the traditional 2.5 mins) will debut online for Hyperspace members on Mar 10th. It's also going to be shown during the O.C episode on that day in the U.S, but that doesn't really apply to us.

Now for the more interesting part. The trailer will also debut with the release of the animated movie Robots on Mar 11th in the U.S. Not sure if the local print of Robots will have the trailer attached but I hope it'll be and I might just go catch it just to make sure.

Otherwise, the online trailer will open to the general public on Mar 14th.

:)

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Now I can't really wait for it! ;)

3. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    *tongue out drooling

4. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Cineleisure (that means Cathay Orchard) is having sneak previews of Robots tomorrow, and since it's been said that the trailer appears there, then most likely I'll be catching it. You guys should too if u can!

5. JediBoo

JediBoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    The trailer was attached to Robots, or so this guy says.
    I'm probably going to catch it tomorrow. Hope its still there :D

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?p=13262739#post13262739

6. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    okay...so is it save to say that when we watch Robots at cini we'll get to see EP III trailer?

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I was lead to this link for the Trailer

http://s112352282.onlinehome.us/Ep3Trailer_pixelmagic720.mov

Is it the same?

(If it doesn't work, try MovieWeb and click on trailer. ;) )

8. JediBoo

Apr 11, 2004
    Yazid

Digital > Film.
    I have more reasons to believe its on the Digital Release over the film version. Especially since George Lucas is a whore over Digital Cinema =P

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Ok, I have not clicked on the link that DE provided and I'm not going to..at least not until tonight. I'll be catching the digital version of Robots later on in the evening so I hope it's there!

Will report back for the confirmation.

;)

10. JediBoo

Apr 11, 2004
    ARGH!! It wasn't attached to Robots!! I'm pissed!! :mad:
    I want a refund!! Grrrrr.... [face_frustrated]

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Where did you watch it and which theater?

12. JediBoo

Apr 11, 2004
    I did as what the guy at Hardwarezone mentioned.
    Cineleisure, Robots Digital (Cinema 3 by the way.)

Hell, I had to pay the extra dollar ($7.50) because its in Digital format.

Oh, and before anyone asks, I went in 10 minutes before it started and waited until all the credits rolled off. Nothing. The projector was off already after the credits. [face_frustrated]

EDIT - I can scan the tickets if you want proof =P

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, if this goes on, guess the theory that "the the movies don't get the correct trailers in Singapore" is still correct for Singapore movies screening. [face_thinking]

14. JediBoo

Apr 11, 2004
    Well, he did say he watched a 'special' sneak preview of Robots. So things might have been different. Lucky I didnt bring a camera along =P

*sigh* Oh well. At least Robots isnt' some dumb romantic comedy that isn't funny. Its a well animated feature. A good contender for the Oscars next year.

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yup there wasn't any trailer. Very disappointed. For all I know, I could have been in the same theatre as JediBoo.

:(

And, out of desperation, I checked out the supposed trailer link provided by DE. My opinion, is that it's a fake, as in it's not the trailer that is out in theatres, but the new footage definitely looks real.

Maybe everyone should start watching Robots and reporting back if the trailer is attached. Robots is a good movie after all, and it has a couple of star wars references.

16. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Thanks the Force i didnt go. :p hehehe

17. JediBoo

Apr 11, 2004
    Jazzy, the pixelmagic one is fake. I saw the bootleg for it and its a lot different.

Just curious though, did you happened to be at the 5.25pm screening yesterday?

18. JediBoo

Apr 11, 2004
    Dang! The guy over at Hardwarezone replied. He said he watched Robots/ROTS trailer in Cinema 2. Which explains lots of things.

Only Cinema 3 and 4 are THX Certified Cinemas, and apparently, one of the important criterias for THX certification to pass is that the cinemas MUST start screening the movie at the mentioned timeslot (meaning, if the ticket you bought is at 5pm, the show must begin at 5pm. No trailers, no previews, no ads, nothing)

Cinema 2, is not THX certified. So that figures. The trailer should be attached. But just that we were in a THX cinema. *sigh*

19. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    That's weird logic to me. Robots might not even be showing in Screen 2 anymore. I wonder if other cinema companies have the trailer showing? Btw I was at the 7:25 show.

20. JediBoo

Apr 11, 2004
    Other cinema should show because they are not THX certified.

Cineleisure Cinema 3 and 4 are the ONLY THX Cinemas in Singapore. (or so www.thx.com says. I did read somewhere that one or two in Lido was, but I havent been there in ages)

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I have watched the trailer. :D

Online, that is. I have to say I was totally blown away. The tone was very dark and I was chilled to the bone towards the end.

I really wanna watch this one the big screen..if only we could be sure where and when it is showing!

Anyway, if anyone wants to watch on your computer screen, I may be able to send it to u via e-mail. It's about 35MB in size so I hope it won't be a problem.

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    > Other cinema should show because they are not THX certified

Not necessary as Singapore's Cinemas are notorious for not showing the trailers with the correct films. :oops: And I suspect, the only time you can see the correct trailers with the correct film is at the Special Premiere. :(

23. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I managed to watch the trailer today too... without sound. By standing outside a store display window in Funan, staring at the tiny screen of a PSP. lol. Looks fantastic. Can't wait to watch the whole thing. :D

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    While attending the LOTR EE Movie Marathon at Yio Chu Kang CC just now, they showed the trailer just before showing the 2nd half of ROTK EE. What I can say is "WOW!" :eek:

25. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    My US buddy sent me !!! OMG ! Seth Cowen from The OC is freaking lame. Haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.