main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT ROTS gets some love on the online starwars.com poll!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Jul 18, 2015.

1. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015

I'm hearing this from fanboys very often: "that should have been the prequel trilogy", "this should have been the prequel trilogy", "Disney should remake the PT and show us Vader chasing the Jedi", etc...

Yeah, Vader chasing and killing Jedi is cool, that's what fanboys only want nowadays: action, violence and blood! If there's any of these elements, then it's a bad movie! :p

Andy Wylde and mes520 like this.
  2. Mandalore The Ultimate

Mandalore The Ultimate Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2015
    That's better off being a video game. Doing three movies that are pretty much the copies of each other sounds kind of dumb. You can't do a lot with a storyline for a film like that.

3. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Part of the problem is that a lot of people think that their imagination for the prequels is better than Lucas' story. Even those guys on the Youtube's channel Armchair Directors complain about the fact that the Jedi purge took only 3 to 5 minutes in ROTS and think that it should have an entire movie or even 2 movies on the Jedi purge (at 2:57). But seriously, who's interested in watching two entire movies about people being massacred?

Andy Wylde and Valairy Scot like this.
  4. Mandalore The Ultimate

Mandalore The Ultimate Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2015
    SW Saga Fan I wouldn't call it imagination. It's just senseless killing from beginning to end. You wouldn't have to think while writing an entire film about The Jedi Purge.

Valairy Scot and mes520 like this.
  5. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Yeah, I would be really interested to see this too. I'm guessing there's probably no way to do that via the type of poll mechanism we have here on the forums.

^Yes...plus, if I understand correctly, there's really no way to "police" the existing Saga Forum poll for the use of sock accounts to allow users to vote multiple times.

^I would also find this interesting as well.

6. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    Yeah I too get irked by the suggestions the PT should have been 3 movies of Vader killing Jedi.

To go back to George's great quote, "a monster becoming a monster isn't a story."

When he's killing all the Jedi, he's already Vader, and he's already gone to the point of no return.
    That defeats the purpose of the prequels; to see how he got there and who he was before that.

Andy Wylde, mes520 and SW Saga Fan like this.