main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI RoTS group showing?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediCath, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCath

JediCath Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2005
    OK, so I'm the newbie but I'll ask since I hadn't seen it brought up yet. Maybe its too early for this but here I go anyway. ;)

Is the group planning on going to see ROTS together?

Reason I ask is because I'd joined R2-Detroit just after AoTC came out and that group did do a big group outing (in costume or regular) at a Star theatre that was sorta central to everyone.

Granted, my knowledge of the side of the state where I'm moving is currently limited to two theatres (Fremont's and the Star in Alpine) so I don't know what's close or practical for everyone...

...but I wanted to toss the question out anyway to see if this group does things like that. So do ya? :)

2. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Yeah we kind of brought it up before, but I think we should get this topic rolling. I can't wait till it comes out.
    We should see it as a group, probably at the Celebration Cinema. When I saw the AOTC at the Imax, their was a group of 20 or more in costume in line, and heard if you wore a costume they had discounts for pop, popcorn, and stuff.

Oh yeah, Welcome JediCath

3. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    I do remember talking about it at one of the meetings, but not sure if we decided on where and when we are going to do it. I thought there was going to be some fund raising at the Imax theater when Rots comes out...But yeah I'll be there, just tell me when and where...

4. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    well i plan on going in full costume on opening day...hopefully with the 501st/rebel legion in thier huge event...ill see if i can snag the big man and get some info on it for ya all.

5. JediCath

JediCath Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2005
    *waves*

Wherebouts is the IMAX besides saying "in Grand Rapids"? Hehe. I know there is one, but like I say, I am still learning the area (from yet afar!).

I have a makeshift Jedi costume that I want to attend in. :) Actually, it makes me look more like a Sith since its all black, but hey! All fun anyway.

6. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    JediCath, perhaps this will help.

celebrationimax

I plan on going in full costume as well.

7. JediCath

JediCath Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2005
    Cool. Thanks!

8. TX0338

TX0338 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    So far it looks like we are not going to be getting ROTS on the IMAX... though that may change.

When we get a little closer to the release day I will post a little more on what the 501st is planning. Everyone will be welcome and it will be a blast.

Our big event is going to happen the Saturday after the Movies release. So on the 21st. A few of us will be there opening night in our new Clone Commander getup. Keep an eye out for us.

TX-338 Out!
    Donavon L

9. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    RotS comes out smack in the middle of exam week! My heart leaps with joy. But I do not have any exams on the opening day, at least, so I can see it at midnight with the Jedi Knights of Cleveland. :D

At least my best friend promised we'd go together, in costume, once we got back home.

10. ps2_jedi

ps2_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    well me and all my friends are planning on going to see it on may 19th I got a star wars shirt that I am gonna wear.

11. GeneralCrespin

GeneralCrespin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    I would like to go to a midnight showing but I don't have anyone to go with so if anyone is organizing something for this, I'm definitely interested. :)

Unfortunately, no costume, not even a Star Wars-themed shirt... the horror!

12. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    I know thier will be a bunch of people at Celebration Cinema dressed up already. I will be, and I want to see the midnight showing also. Can't wait, I can bring a couple extra light sabers GeneralCrespin. ;)

13. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    We should all get together and work out the details at the next meeting...

14. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    we can discuss it at the next meeting..i for one would liketo be there at the midnight showing in force :) i hope youll be there in costume jabba :p i plan to be :p

15. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    the final touches are almost finished... my mom is finished the sewing today!!! If I can get out of work early enough tonight I'll try and pick it up tonite.

16. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Hello Grand Admiral Rapids,

R2-Detroit is having a big bash at the Emagine theatre in Novi. The Emagine is showing ROTS in Digital, and if you didn't know the digital version will be different than the film version. We have permission from the theatre to to costume for opening night, so there are no worries in that respect.

The event will start at 12:00 pm on Wednesday in the parking lot of the Emagine theatre (we'll be hard to miss). We only ask that if you are coming (in or out of costume), bring something edible, we will have a grill going!

We have also invited the Ann Arbor FanForce, A2-F2, to join us. The more the merrier!

From GR, it is roughly a 2 1/4 hour drive to Novi, for those interested.

As a reminder, because this is one of the few digital theatres, you may want to make sure you have a ticket before making the journey.

Hope to see you there!

~Scooby

17. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
  18. Obiwancloneme

Obiwancloneme Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2005
    well i still feel lost?!?!

Who's showing up for the celibration theater gig in GR??and @ what time?!?!

I kinda wanted to go where there are alot of costumes :D

19. ChancellorDecorum

ChancellorDecorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    Well i have a ticket for the 12:15am showing at Celebrations on opening night, and I just checked the Celebration website, the 12:15 show is sold out, unbelievable!!

20. BlueTwinkie

BlueTwinkie Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    I just bought 10 tickets for the 12:15 am showing at Celebration Cinema on May 19. Me and my friends are planning to show up with Star Wars costumes. It should be a most excellent time.

21. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    I bought my tickets before I left for C3 for the 12:15 showing. I am going with someone from work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.