ROTS - How Do You Rate It After Seeing It?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, May 18, 2005.

?

ROTS - How Do You Rate It After Seeing It?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
Zero Stars 1 vote(s) 0.6%
One Star 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Two Stars 1 vote(s) 0.6%
Three Stars 4 vote(s) 2.5%
Four Stars 25 vote(s) 15.3%
Five Stars 42 vote(s) 25.8%
8 Billion Stars 90 vote(s) 55.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
  2. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Please vote only AFTER you see the movie. Thank you.
  3. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
  4. Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Knight

star 2
    In our replies we should also rank the other five for reference.
  5. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    darn it, I wanted to vote 9 billion stars
  6. jimbobfella Jedi Knight

star 1
    who voted 0???

I smell a glassing!
  7. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    0?! :mad:

I'll say what I think tonight. :D
  8. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    Torn between 4 and 5, but went with 4. 5 implies perfection, so I'm not easily convinced to give that out.

As far as my ranking...hmmm...I watched TPM and AOTC and was surprised at my reactions after seeing ROTS.

ROTS
    TESB
    ROTJ
    TPM
    AOTC
    ANH

This ratings will change a lot in the next few weeks, I can guarantee that.
  9. Darth_Michael Jedi Master

star 2
    Storywise it's a 5
    Continuity wise it's a 2
    Cinnema wise it's a 0

My good luck having two guys in front of me with their heads blocking the bottom of the screen, a picture that's blury on the wide angle scenes, and just dolby surround without a bass
  10. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    Cinema wise only meaning the logistical issues at your theater?

I agree there are some continuity problems, but nothing that bothers me too much. Which ones bother you the most?
  11. TheUnknownSyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    5 stars. I'd vote 8 billion if there weren't some very minor annoyances, but the movie is still virtually perfect to me.
  12. Darth_Michael Jedi Master

star 2
    Cinema wise only meaning the logistical issues at your theater?
    yep, projector system, sound, people ('s heads)

I agree there are some continuity problems, but nothing that bothers me too much. Which ones bother you the most?

Well, Leia and Luke should have the same lack of memory of their mother. And Palps look and feel comes from the dark side rotting him inside out. Not just backfrying lightning and/or short stress during the fight. At least that's how it was established
  13. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    I liked the lightning explanation...it show that he was just a man, nothing more. I actually like that explanation better than shapeshifter or a Force mask or something like that.

I am OK with the Luke/Leia explanation...perhaps a female is more in tune with her emotions and 'softer' side of the Force. It's a small hole, but I'm OK with it.

Here's one problem with ANH - Obi-Wan tells Luke that Owen thought Anakin should have stayed at home and not gotten involved. That to me is his biggest lie. That has no basis in anything. Actually, that whole scene in Ben's shanty is pretty much one lie after another. I guess that's the way Lucas wanted it?
  14. NiktosRule Jedi Master

star 4
    I give it 8 billion stars. The final hour or so of the movie is unbelievable.
  15. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I give it 8 billion stars

I just want to know who voted 0 stars :mad:

{8888III()III 8888 /{~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
  16. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
  17. episodenone Force Ghost

star 4
    you know i had to look at what i wrote and edit out "----"ing awesome
  18. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    8 Billion.

One problem aside, I'm glad I watched it twice. One regret - work tomorrow and couldn't justify a third viewing. What sort of fan am I?
  19. Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I feel as if this is the most well made out of all of the star wars movies. Unfortunately it will not be the one I watch the most, because it is so depressing......

However once I get over the fact that everyone dies I feel I will definitely watch it alot. The thematics and Anakin's fall are PERFECT!
  20. HanShotFirst Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wish a few things - I wish there was a "defining" moment that made Anakin go over....

And I wish they wouldn't have made such a lazy excuse reason for Ghosties....

I thought Natalie's acting was as wooden as ever.

Otherwise it was amazing. I definitely need to see this again and soon.

As for Leia remembering her mother, her real mother, well, maybe she thought Mrs Organa was her "real" mother.

Oh, yeah, the duel fighting style was too fast and showy. All the saber fights in the movie lacked the power, passion, etc of the OT.

For the good? EVERYTHING ELSE, minus what I mentioned. Awesome movie.
  21. sdp Force Ghost

star 2
    I voted zero, very dissapointed.

I'd post why but it is the nonspoilers.

But i think this movie takes away from the OT.
  22. Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus

star 5
    8 Bill for me.

Awesome. Everything that could be expected from it and more.
  23. jMo_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    8 Billion. A fitting end for to a compelling saga...
  24. Jedi_Master_Anakin Force Ghost

star 4
    4 Stars. A very well made movie, but I wanted to end myself after it. Througout the entire film I just wanted Anakin to change the OT and become a good guy. I felt so sorry for him. And now I feel terrible for him in the OT, having thought he killed Padme. Part of me wants to hate this film because it is so wrong... And yet so right. Anakin Skywalker isn't evil, he simply doesn't see through his actions.

My major complaint was that he attacked Padme. That really irritated me. Because the entire reason he did (damn near at least) anything is because of Padme, and the thought of losing her. I cannot see him attacking and trying to kill her. It actually made me want to cry because I could see how hurt he was.

I liked (and yet hated) how Obi-Wan just left Anakin there to die. I liked how Padme died still loving Anakin. I liked most of the movie, but it makes me too sad to really love the film. I don't think I will watch it too often. It was a wonderful film, but it just is hard to watch somebody destroy themself.
  25. Lars_Muul Chosen One

star 6
    Obi-Wan tells Luke that Owen thought Anakin should have stayed at home and not gotten involved. That to me is his biggest lie.

Then you haven't considered that this is something that Owen and Obi-Wan have been talking about between ROTS and ANH.

I can't vote yet, because one viewing isn't enough. Right now, I just feel overwhelmed and confused.

Take it easy
    /LM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.