main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS - How Do You Rate It After Seeing It?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, May 18, 2005.

?

ROTS - How Do You Rate It After Seeing It?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. Zero Stars

0.6%
  2. One Star

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Two Stars

0.6%
  4. Three Stars

2.5%
  5. Four Stars

15.3%
  6. Five Stars

25.8%
  7. 8 Billion Stars

55.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I went with the 8 billion option! :D

2. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Wheres the Bajilion stars botton?

3. Sonic_Pumpkins

Sonic_Pumpkins Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2001
    In regards to the script, I was expecting the absolute worst. But after seeing the movie twice, I have to say the script (and especially the dialogue) has far more charisma than Episodes 1, 2, and 6. I almost want to say that the script had less jarring moments than even Episode 4.

After seeing ROTS at the midnight showing, I was left with a feeling of disappointment.But after seeing it twice, I have a much greater appreciation of the movie. I wasn't quite so tense the second time around. I was able to relax. But now, I'm having trouble ranking the series. I'll need to see how much resonance Episode III has in hindsight. Still, ROTS is seriously giving ANH a run for its money, in my book. TESB is still my favorite...but who knows how I'll feel in the morning. ;)

TESB
    ROTS
    ANH
    AOTC
    TPM
    ROTJ

4. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I said 8 Billion. ;) I wasn't dissapointed by this in the slightest. In fact it exceeded my expectations and several cases. I think it's the prequel we've all been waiting for. George did good. :D

5. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
  6. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    8 billion.

The only thing that could be done better is to make it longer. Especially the Yoda vs. Sidous duel.

7. Celyria

Celyria Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    8 billion stars!

The movie surpassed all my expectations. I found it very intense and was surprised at how much i was affected by it emotionally. I loved how Anakin's fall played out, and i thought 'the duel' was awesome.

8. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I'll go with 4.5. The only thing that keeps it from getting 5, or even [carl sagan]billions and billions of stars[/carl sagan] is the little Frankenstein homage as Vader breaks free of the bindings after waking up in the suit. Too campy at the absolute wrong time.

Other than that, as I think Mr P and others said....probably the best film of the saga, but not my favorite. I just don't see myself pouring a Guinness and firing up the projector for this DVD that often. Too sad.

Brilliant, but sad.

9. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    What a spectacle! Definitely a 5 star film. My heart was pounding during the last hour.

And this is definitely not a film for kids. My wife and I sat next to some younger children (between 6 and 10), and when Anakin turned on Mace, one of them said, "No! Anakin, what are you doing!" and buried his head in his dad's arm. He left the theater shortly after because the film was just too intense for him.

10. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    8 billion, that was the s---

11. Spare_Parts

Spare_Parts Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    4 stars

I think the rating will change after more viewings. Loved the plot, it tied up all the loose ends pretty well. I would be more than happy to see another 15mins added to flesh things out abit though I think it?s still too early to give it an overall ranking.

12. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    Spare_Parts,

That's how I felt. Overall, I thought it was a great movie. It seemed a bit "rushed" to me at times and I also think another 10-15 minutes to, as you say, "flesh out" the story a little more would have helped.
    Nevertheless, I did enjoy it thouroughly and gave it 4 stars. This is after my initial viewing, it may improve after seeing it again.

13. Darth_Rabe

Darth_Rabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    8 billion

everything it should have been and more.

14. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    I know nothing is perfect but I jsut can not see anything wrong. I just loved it!!! Everything. 8 trazillion stars. I can not wait to se it again. Thanks you GL!!

15. generalgreivous4

generalgreivous4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    8 Billion stars...this was a truly AWESOME movie, it was great, it made my eyes fill up, it was breathtaking, disturbing, chilling...it was great!

I feel I enjoy this one more than any of the others, even Episode 5.

16. Bartichelli

Bartichelli Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    On the whole superb. Great performances from McDiarmid and McGregor. The story as a whole dealt with everything very well and the action scenes did not disappoint. Christensen was a bit hit and miss, I kept thinking oh he's actually good here as he aced a particular line only for him to completely mess one up a minute later. Portman was average but in the end came off ok. My major gripe was the reason Padme died - just so absurd, why george why?!!!

17. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    If you think of Star Wars as the fairy tale in space that it is, Padme's death of a broken heart is a beautiful addition. None of the science of Star Wars makes any sense, so once you let go of realism it's a great death.

18. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    While I agree that dying of a broken heart is classic fairy-tale and perfect for Star Wars, I don't think it is perfect for the character of Padmé.

If the medical droid had only said: "She has lost the will to live", I would have thought is worked excellent.
    But because it also said: "There is nothing physical wrong with her", it becomes too much in a way.

19. dojotony

dojotony Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    I agree, turned jedi, though I wouldn't have even wanted the line "she lost the will to live"

This woman was head of her country, a leader in the Senate and a crack shot with a blaster. But because Anakin becomes a loser, she cannot live any longer? Not even for the sake of Luke or Leia, let alone the galaxy? It just seems so unlikely for such a strong-willed woman.

I would rather have had her die from the effects of the force choke. That scene, btw, reminds me of (Godfather II spoiler alert) when Michael beats his wife for aborting their child. One of the best scenes in movie history.

20. vikingjedi1

vikingjedi1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    ESB 5 stars
    AOTC 4.5 stars
    ROTJ 4.25 stars
    ANH 4 stars
    ROTS 2 stars
    TPM 0 stars

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Wow - hard to believe AOTC gets 4.5, ROTS gets 2, and TPM gets 0.

Like I said in another thread, everyone is focusing on Padme giving up her life because Anakin went bad.

But let's not forget - she was heavily involved in politics her entire life - she just found out her mentor Palpatine is a Sith Lord, has destroyed the Jedi and turned her love into a Dark Lord, and declared a Galactic Empire.

I wouldn't be feeling too hot either.

22. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    5 stars. Fantastic episode!

Revenge is bitter
    /LM

23. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    The 8 billion option was simply too tempting ;)
    Quite possibly the best film of the Saga. It's a damn strong contender.

24. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    Like I said in another thread, everyone is focusing on Padme giving up her life because Anakin went bad.

But let's not forget - she was heavily involved in politics her entire life - she just found out her mentor Palpatine is a Sith Lord, has destroyed the Jedi and turned her love into a Dark Lord, and declared a Galactic Empire.

I wouldn't be feeling too hot either.

Agreed, a whole lot of terrible things happens to Padmé in the film, but a whole lot of terrible things happen to everyone else as well. And sorry, but I don't see Padmé as the weakest of the bunch. She has always been a strong character, with a will of steel. I don't think she would have given up like that.

25. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Seeing as I like this one more than ANH and RotJ, which I have given 5 stars, there was no other choice than to vote 8 billion stars. I wonder have many stars ESB should have in that case. 9 billion? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.