main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS Levels (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by sithreaper, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    really? might have to have my character go sithly

2. MasterKazur

MasterKazur Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Yeppers. Although according to Sarli, you can also trade levels in Jedi PrCs as well. In this case, Anakin traded a level in Jedi Ace for Sith Lord, and then he "levelled" again after the Temple Massacre.

Name your source! :) Is it "official"

3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    The rule is from Gary M. Sarli AKA Wiz_O the Hutt AKA the Jedi Counsellor AKA the arbiter of officialdom with WotC.

Official enough?

4. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    Anakin traded a level in Jedi Ace for Sith Lord, and then he "levelled" again after the Temple Massacre.

This part?

5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    That was his answer when we asked him at the Wizards' message boards.

6. inkpenavenger

inkpenavenger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2005
    In ANH, Vader is Fringer 1/Jedi Guardian 11/Sith Lord 6 (total 18th level)

Anakin could have been as high as 17 at the beginning of ROTS since taking a Sith prestige class allows one to trade Jedi levels for Sith levels.

7. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    No, because the folks at WotC say Anakin was 13th level. clickie

8. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    Sorry... no post :D

9. inkpenavenger

inkpenavenger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2005

10. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    Keep in mind that XP in SWRPG is supposed to be given out according to "encounter goals" rather than kills or general doings. If I were the GM of the movie saga, Anakin's goal in the Sidious v. Mace encounter should have been to defeat Sidious and destroy the Sith once and for all. Anakin failed to acheive that goal until the end of RotJ.

Maybe I'm just an ass, but if a character in my RPG turns to the dark side against what he/she's supposed to do, i don't give him/her any XP until they get back on the right path. In my book, they're failing encounter goals. So, as I said, if I were the GM for the movies, Anakin gained no XP from the moment he attacked Mace, until he threw Sidious down the shaft in the Death Star.

HA HA HA HA HA!!!
    That's gotta be most idiotic thing I've ever heard as far as RPG goes.
    Encounter goals are not what the gamemaster wants a character to do!
    They're described in the RCRB as obstacles that keeps the hero from doing what he wants to do.
    In this case Anakin wants to save Palpatine from Windu and thus saving Padme (he thinks) which is what he really wants to do.
    Encounter goals aren't what the prophercy or the Jedi code or even the gamemaster says.
    They're just challanges for the hero to face in order to advance in levels.
    Anakin still scored a critical hit on Windu, fought and defeated countless Jedi Weapon Masters, Knights and Padawans in the temple.
    This is experience... hence he would be granted Experience points. Even mean guys like Vader gain XP. Even if he's doing bad things.

If your ruling was true no dark side character would ever gain levels or XP. Palpatine would still be a 3rd level Noble and Maul would be a 1st level soldier.
    Thats just stupid... no offence :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.