main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO RotS May meeting and Theater discussion

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I just got word that RotS will not be in IMAX form, so the idea to do an event at my work is out. Thus I guess we need to start some planning!

That new theater that is digital (unsure the name) might be a good place to start looking at. We'll need to see about pre-ording some tickets to the midnight show and maybe the next day show as well (I'm seeing it both days because of Randy).

Thoughts?

2. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Can't remember the name of the theater, but it's in Chesterfield (I think I put it in a post a million years ago somewhere). I'd really like to see it at midnight since I haven't done that yet. Tim got to go see The Phantom Menace at midnight while I stayed home and babysat. How is that fair?

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Totally not fair! I saw we make him babysit this time.

4. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    The new theatre as in the GALAXY THEATRE?! It's digital?!!? WHAT! :eek:

5. Dinogallus

Dinogallus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2003
    I think I'm going at midnight, but I'm planning on going twice opening day. (I have two personal records to break)

6. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I'd say the Galaxy is the best bet; it's digital and has a nearly IMAX sized screen. And Escalade seats in the theaters, if the others aren't decadent enough for you.
    Of course, everyone else will be thinking the same thing, so good thing we're bringing it up now.

7. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    My Stepdad said he is taking me to that theatre for III. But wow, I had no idea it was digital, that's great!

So I guess DLP ISN'T the only Digital Theatre chain?

8. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I want to do the midnight show too! And the Chesterfield theater sounds fine to me...how early do they start selling advanced tickets around here?

9. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    I don't mean to sound stupid but, where is Chesterfield located compared to say Mid Rivers?

I haven't been down that way forever, is it farther or shorter?

10. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Hope this helps :) .

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address&searchtype=address&cat=&address=%5b150%2d398%5d%20Thf%20Blvd&city=Chesterfield&state=MO&zipcode=63005

EDIT: Gah!!

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm not exactly sure, but I'm going to say a decent distance. I've never actually been there yet.

12. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I was out there on Thursday, and it was a 30 min. drive from my house here in Kirkwood. I don't have any idea where Mid Rivers is...

The theater is big and can't be missed. It is amazing how much the whole area has expanded out there...but that is besides the point... ;)

13. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Can I get a "what what" for an Illinois showing? Nah, guess not. :p It'll be difficult to get to this one...

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Hey, I picked the only digital theater I know of in the area. This isn't a IL vs MO thing at all. If IL had the better theater, we'd have gone there. My offer to get you a ride and/or a place to crash still stands.

15. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I was kidding, you Missouri peeps have your turn this month. I will see what happens, I may go with peeps from my school instead...

16. spaceman1687

spaceman1687 Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    The Chesterfield theater is not digital.
    Also Jedi Dajuan can you PM me please I have a question for you. Thanks!

17. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I don't know whether it's digital or not (they don't really plug that; I doubt that many veiwers care yet. I didn't know the 14 in CoMo was, until I saw AOTC.) I did first think of ROTS when they were talking about the Galaxy on the morning news, though. From a Dispatch article :"With a mammoth five-story movie screen and bright yellow interior, the Galaxy 14 Cine makes a bold statement about the theater business.
    The not-too-subtle message: It's all about bigger.
    When the Galaxy opens, it will add to that total. The theater, which cost an estimated $12 million to build, will feature a screen that's three times bigger than the company's current largest. ll 14 screens will boast stadium-style seating, where each row is on its own step...[with]high-backed, cushiony seats...
    Along with the traditional cinema fare of popcorn, candy and soda, the concession area will serve chicken wings, pizza and hamburgers.The Galaxy also has a wide-open, two-story lobby. The mezzanine mezzanine arcade will have a roller coaster simulator, skee ball and a flight simulator." Apparently, it's one of or the biggest screen in this timezone, short of the OmniMax.
    Basically, I'm not stuck on this place for ROTS, but I wanna go there sometime, dambit! ;) Since the boyfriend's coming in this week...hmmm...I feel a movie coming on.

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    The Chesterfield theater is not digital.

Don't know about that, but it does have the biggest screen around here. I say we go to the one in Chesterfield. That's where I'm going when I skip school to see it with my friends from school and such. ;) We've been planning this for years.

I think the Regal is a digital theater though.

My vote is for Chesterfield. :D

19. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    E, so that Galaxy place is open now, or is it still under construction? If it's open it sounds great!

(Forgive my ignorance on this issue, I know next to nothing about your side of the river :p )

20. Darthtrader

Darthtrader Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    The Galaxy is at the Boone's Crossing exit.It's just past Chesterfield Mall.I went there once with my girlfriend to see some movie and it was a total madhouse.I mean alot of people.Hard to find a parking place too.We never did get in because everything we wanted to see was sold out.

21. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm going to call The Galaxy tomorrow to find out if it is digital. My friend told me that there is a sign out front that says, "All Digital".

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I know the sound is, but not if the picture is. Thank you for calling Amy. :)

23. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    Not sure if I'm going to be able to make this one. Maybe if I can meet up with somebody I can get a ride.

24. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I say the Galaxy sounds like the best set up so far...

25. mskeezer

mskeezer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    I'd love to be there for the midnight showing. I'll have to ask off, though, which I hate to do. But hey, it's Star Wars lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.