RotS May meeting and Theater discussion

Discussion in 'St. Louis, MO' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Do we get free popcorn tonight? ;)
  2. shcook1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Have fun tonight, everybody! I'm so jealous.....
  3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Do we get free popcorn tonight?
    Wonder if we can bring in the pizza boxes again. :D
  4. -E- Force Ghost

star 3
    Hey, are empty 2 liter soft drink bottles ok to bring along with the milk cartons?
    I hope so, 'cause my family threw out the milk jugs out of spite :( . I just got a couple.
  5. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Are we to meet somewhere specific this evening?
  6. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Coke bottles are fine, E...

I think just the lobby somewhere Ken. See you there!!
  7. spideymj Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just got off the phone with Dajuan, she said to meet in the lobby and to the right (I think she said there were tables there.) She said it is the same place where you all met for the Saturday meeting.
  8. NIBBOR11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Enjoy the movie tonight. I'm scheming a plan to come up Sat afternoon to see it. I was thinking a 3 or 4 oclock show. Maybe then I can meet some of you while your there.

PS. My daughter's boyfriend will be there tonight with one of his buddies. I warned him about this crazy group of people from The Force Net that would be there. Told him to be careful. :p
  9. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, St. Louis. You're the greatest group I could ask for.
  10. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Maybe then I can meet some of you while your there.

Maybe?!? :eek:
  11. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, St. Louis. You're the greatest group I could ask for.

I want to second that! What a wonderful time, and a great group of people to spend time with!
  12. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    They had some guys from Twilight comics that came in before the moive started to ask trivia questions and give out prizes.

I picked up a Captain America hardcover comic book. (indifferent on that one, don't really read his comics, but it looks nice) But the bonus was I also got the Lego Star Wars game for the PS2. just for being the only guy in the theater that new the "real" name of the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Got the other one for knowing how many fighters attacked the first Death Star.

Glad everybody had a good time. Anybody else feeling a sleepy at work today?
  13. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm not at work, but I'm still sleepy.

EDIT: Who's got pics?!
  14. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I do but my photo bucket is full right now. I'll see what I can do about getting them up somewhere.

Amy and I were on the news with both voice and face, Jon was picture only. I recorded it. Stayed up till 7 with my mum watching for it.
  15. SteelLepp Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've got a pic from the premier here in Quincy. And I was on the news, both local stations, one voice & "face", the other just "face"

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/SteelLepp/SteelVaderPremier.jpg]

16. CuppaJoe Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw it at midnight in Macon.

It was VERY packed, they had to bring extra chairs into the theatre because it was so full. And no, I didn't have to sit on floor! :p But really, it was overwhelming. My first time at a midnight premiere, and my best time I've had at the movies.
  17. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    The movie was great! Rowan and I had a great time and I got alot great comments on my costume. The bummer was my husband did not set the alarm to get us and Rowan and I did not get picked up until 6:00am this morning. Needless to say my husband is in a world of hurt!!!! I did not have enough money for a cab, I did not have my debit card and I ran out of change for the phone. The nice Waffle House people let us use the phone to call the neighbor finally to wake up my husband. The cook made Rowan a waffle and refused to take my money. Nice part of the experience! I am soooooo tired and soooooo crabby, but really looking forward to Saturday.
    What did everyone think of my costume???
    Leash
  18. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    It was incredible. I was very impressed, you did a great job :)
  19. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Dajuan, that means alot! I would like to change a few things on my costume, but I am happy with it for the most part.
    One tip, don't use red lipstick to color your face. My face is pink today and I have been scrubbing it non-stop to get the tint off. LOL! I just started a new job and I am going to try my best not to go in there with a partially pink face tonight!
    Leash
  20. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I never got a chance to look at it, from what I saw of it halfway across a dark theater it looked good.
  21. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks. I am going to wear it again on Saturday, so you can get a good look at it then. I appreciate any comments good or bad. I can learn from the bad and correct whatever needs to be corrected or perfected, so I don't mind, that much. LOL!
    Leash
  22. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree. What I saw looked fantastic. You got some serious applause when you walked in.
  23. twilek69 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you! My face is turning red now (((blush))). Oh, never mind that is just the pink left over from the lipstick last night. LOL! ( Lesson one: always use proper face paint or theatrical makeup.) ;)
    Leash
  24. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I do but my photo bucket is full right now. I'll see what I can do about getting them up somewhere.

I upgraded to the pay version, if you want me to put them up, Dajuan.

And Leash, the costume was great!
  25. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Thanks, but I think I'm doing the dame when I get back frommy meeting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.