main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ROTS meet-up

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Seeing as they have already posted a thread like this on the London board, I thought I should get one started in here. So who would be interested, or more importantly, ABLE to attend a screening of Revenge of the Sith in May? (Date to be confirmed).

I put "able" in caps because as much fun it is for someone to tell us they want to come, but then say they can't because they have French homework to hand in, it just makes the process all the harder to arrange.

So if you are interested in coming and ABLE to come, then please post here and we can start sorting out locations and possible dates.

This is going to be our last chance to do a meet up like this for a movie, so I think we should all put a lot of effort into this one.

Including me.

So who's with me?

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    You guys should all come to New York! :D

3. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    where are you planning to go?

if it's in any of the cinemas in Cardiff i'll go, preferably the UGC.

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well as nice an idea as New York is, I think it might be slightly out of our reach. But if we could arrange a trip to New York, would you be willing to put us all up in your house?? ;)

I think Cardiff is the most obvious and logical location to have the meet-up. I'm not sure where the UCG is though to be honest? Is that the one just around from the train station in Queens Street?

I don't really go to Cardiff that much (to many students!), and usually go to Showcase Cinemas in Parc Nantgarw, which is near Pontypridd (though its classed as Cardiff).

5. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    /breaks out the cots and sleeping bags

Sure you can all stay with me! hehe

6. Predator150

Predator150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2004
    usually go to Showcase Cinemas in Parc Nantgarw, which is near Pontypridd (though its classed as Cardiff).

me to, I only live in merthyr, and the cinema in treforest (nantgarw) is only like a 12 min drive away, through im only a student and the train doesn really stop that close to the cinema.

7. MasterOzz

MasterOzz Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2005
    I'd love to go to see it with other Star Wars fans.

The cinema in Cardiff near the CIA is really good especially for long films as it has a lot of room, as I'm 6ft it helps.

It depends how busy everyone is when they can go, I am not sure as weather I will sell out like the originals did, as we may need tobook in advance.

Ozz

8. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    sure i would be up for it if i am not working

9. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Definately would be up for it.

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, so far so good. There seems to be quite a bit of interest. I feel we should all make an extra special effort for this one seeing as its the last movie.

There seems to be a general consensus that the cinema near the CIA in Cardiff is the best place to have this little meet-up.

Any input on what else we might want to include? Such as pizza, beer and a lap dancing club?

Preditor150: I actually work in a clinic in Merthyr 2 days a week. Its near Weatherspoons, you know it?

11. Predator150

Jun 2, 2004
    Preditor150: I actually work in a clinic in Merthyr 2 days a week. Its near Weatherspoons, you know it?

Yeah, I think I do. I think I go there for the dentist, I think that might be the place you'r no about. not sure.

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Nope, I don't think there are any dentists in the building I work in. Its a four story called Oldway House, it has the probation centre there, as well as a beauty salon downstairs.

Know ye of such a building?

So what about other activities people, anyone got any input on that one?

13. Predator150

Jun 2, 2004
    Which part of Merthyr is it? top or bottom?
    Im not sure ive heard of weatherspoons.

Well I know im definaly going to see Episode III, but who with im not sure. All my mates, inceptt one, doesnt like the Star Wars movies and have said no to going to see it. My one mate, who likes Star Wars, lives in Bedlinog, and im not sure if he has plnans to go with me...so Im kinda thinking at the mome.

14. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    i'll almost certainly be at the first showing of ROTS in the UGC (the one opposite the CIA) anyway, so if that's where everyone is going then i'll be up for any pre-film shenanigans people want to organise (even though none of you know me on here)

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Preditor150: Well i'm planning to go and see it with all my "real life" friends when it first comes out, but i'm planning to see it a couple of times after that, so thats why i'm trying to organise a gathering of Welsh fanforcers.

We have never had a proper meeting with the Welsh FF (we had a small gathering of myself and Fall-on-Jin once in Cardiff, but that hardly counts) and with this being the last movie, I just want to make it something special.

Stuey: I have heard legend of you. Its good to see you posting in your native board ;)
    I hope that you will join us in the proposed festivites come late May. If you have any input you wish to share regarding the possible pre/post Rots showing activites, then please do so.

Party at yor house for example??? :D

16. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    heard legend of me? ohhhh!

party at my house sounds fine by me, it's not like it can get any messier

as long as its a star wars fancy dress party

17. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Stuey is indeed a legend around ffuk. Almost as legendary as Tom Jones he is. [face_mischief] :p

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    No-one is as big a Tom Jones Yosh!

If you were Welsh, you would understand that! ;)

Yeah, SW fancy dress at your house sounds like a plan to me!

Its been a while since I got to wear my ep2 Anakin outfit. If it were socially acceptable I would wear it to work :)

I haven't even worn the robe I made properly yet, so I don't know what the full effect really looks like, but I bet it rocks.

Does anyone else have a cosutme here?

19. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    my girlfriend has really got into costuming for some reason and has offered to make me a jedi costume, she is thinking of going as Amidala in one of the really complicated red costumes from TPM, i pity the person sat behind her in the cinema

Yosh, while the compliment is appreciated, Welshguy is right, nobody is legendary as Tom. don't disrespect a Welsh god on our own forum :p

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    So tell me, where exactly does one find girlfriends of this nature? Ones that not only get dressed up for you (Leah slave outfit also?? ;) ), but also offers to make you a Jedi costume!

She's a keeper dude.

21. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    God knows what i did to deserve her but i'm not letting go!

she has shown in interest in the slave costume but thinks it seems quite difficult to make, but i'll wear her down eventually

22. Maulster-79

Maulster-79 Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2005
    Guys- If you really want a good time, i suggest you make the effort to go to the 1st day showing after the premire at the odeon in London.

I did it for attack of the clones, sat out all night for tickets in london, got interviewed by the media in london
    and then a month later- the first showing.

Antony Danials was there and gave a speach with stormtroopers behind him as well as rick McCullum. The showing was in digital (big Lucas digital push at the time).

The exsperience was better than the film (especially drawn out chase scene and love?!? moments)

We almost got arrested just before we went in for smoking
    'funny fags'.

Star wars, u got to love it.

Here's to Revenge of the sith

23. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    i did consider going to London, but ROTS falls in the middle of my uni exam period so i can't afford to take the time off, i'm unbelievably gutted

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I would love to go to London and meet up with all the other FFUK'ers and enjoy the whole premiere experience, but sadly finances dictate that this is nearly impossible for me.

I just don't have the money to travel all the way to London, pay for a hotel room and all the other expenses.

Thats why I hoping that we can do the same sort of thing in Cardiff, but on a much smaller and cheaper scale.

Your more than welcome to join us dude, although i'm not sure that I can advocate the use of "funny" cigerattes.... ;)

25. Maulster-79

Maulster-79 Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2005
    I'd love to join you, but im off backpacking in april so i'll probablly catch it on bootleg dvd in thailand. Ouch, i bet george lucas is turning in his grave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.