[ROTS] New Droid Voice Discussion

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jedi_Meb, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Meb Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know about you guys, but I think the new droid voice was changed prolly thanks to a favor for one of Lucas' friends or something like that, as there was no reason to change the computerized voice they had in the previous 2 episodes. Although it was pure hilarity to see, it kind of added a comic sense that shouldn't be in the face, er parts of the enemy lol.

-"Oww! Dumb droid!

-Hands up, Jedi!

-You're welcome ;)

-Uh-oh!
  2. qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I had read some negative things about the voices before seeing it, so I went in expecting to not like it.
    Both me and my friend laughed so much at that entire sequence, I think the voices added a great comedic touch.

"You stupid little astro-droid!"
  3. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I really liked the new voices. I think that because of the fact that the ending of the movie was so dark, George went deliberately out of his way to really make the opening silly and fun. I think that this was a very smart and effective decision on his part. :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    revenge of the wind!
  4. Lexi Host of Quick-Games

Game Host
    star 4
    I like the new voices, especially the sarcastic "You're welcome". On my second viewing, I was really grateful for the humorous opening of the movie. I knew that I was going to cry my eyes out during the second part, so it was nice to have some laughs at the beginning.
  5. Ellbobin Jedi Master

star 4
    I realy liked it, added comady to it.
  6. wtehomie Jedi Padawan

The new voices definitely personified the droids more. It made them much more interesting and I wish they would have been more like that in the other prequels, it would have been more entertaining.
  7. Ellbobin Jedi Master

star 4
    While we're on voice, didnt that Nemodian sound like Bill and Ted!
  8. Steve1977 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I liked Artoos new sounds as well.
  9. kingthlayer Force Ghost

star 4
    "You're welcome" was hilarious. I love it!
  10. The_General_Grievous Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Winston_Sith Force Ghost

star 4
    I love the Sarcastcally Polite Battle Droid!!

He's even like "Excuse me...". I have to watch ROTS again to know for sure, but I thought he said it after he bumps into one of the Jedi heroes. But it's more logical for him to say it after he takes the Jedi'sd lightsaber, away, right before he say's "You're welcome!" after Greivous snatches the lightsaber from his hand.

He's like my two favorite Gungans; so easy to miss, but so entertaining.
  12. Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow, everyone loves the new voices! Add me to that list. And I too think its really funny that a random battle droid would give a supposedly menacing bad guy a sarcastic "You're welcome."
  13. Hatter Jedi Master

star 4
    I did enjoy how Lucas tried to give the Seperatist droids more personality, right from the beginning of the film, starting with the vulture droids. It just gave the film more energy, made it more fun.
  14. SWJaggy Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll admit that when I first heard the voice, I was skeptical, I guess because I had gotten used to the ones from E1 and E2 but I ended up finding it hilarious! So all in all I enjoyed the new voice.
  15. Lars_Muul Chosen One

star 6
    I love it! What I like the most about it is that it reminds me of EV-9D9 and therefore makes the opening feel somewhat like the opening of ROTJ. Cool connection between the trilogies!

Battle droids are awesome
    /LM
  16. Darth_Zoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought the voice acting was very poor. At least give the super destroyer droids a better sounding voice. Sheesh. Thought I was watching babe ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.